What's on your menu (Photo Friday) RNYers?

catwoman7
on 2/8/19 5:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

quick posting here this morning as I have several things to do today (we had an ice storm yesterday, and it'll only be in the single digits today. Main roads are fine, but I'm a little concerned about getting in and out of my driveway!)

not much planned for the weekend. I'm hoping to hit a hockey game if it's not too cold - the parking garage is a couple of blocks from the arena - fine in most weather, but not in this!

QOTD: not really, although I do feel alive & refreshed on the first warm, sunny spring day!

3 years 8 months out:

B: protein pancakes topped with 1/2 container of L&F vanilla and maybe some berries, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: going to a new (to me) film discussion group that meets over lunch. We'll be at a restaurant, so at least I'll have some control over what I'll be eating. Definitely something light and protein-forward. Hopefully just an appetizer if there's one that "works"....

AS: raw cauliflower dipped in Greek yogurt with ranch dressing

D: either leftover Mississippi pot roast or 2 oz chicken in a Flat Out wrap

ES: if needed, same as AS

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Kakesie
on 2/8/19 6:04 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Family!

QOTD: Yes, I think I do have SAD. I have Depression in general and take antidepressants but the dark days and the endless cold do get me down.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 87, Calories - 1,169, Carbs - 169.

B: bacon, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana brownie

L: 160 calorie meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: microwave meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana brownie

Photo Friday: My friend, Lois, who turned 95 on Wednesday. She looks and acts like she is 75! I hope I'm that mentally and physically sharp when I'm 95! Heck, I hope I make it to 95!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

Emiepie
on 2/8/19 8:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

She looks great!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 2/8/19 10:46 am

Lois really does look young for her age! That's a cool.cake, too!

artchikk
on 2/8/19 6:39 am
RNY on 02/12/18

HAPPY FRIDAY PEEPS!

DH's best friend is coming over today and staying the night--not sure if he is staying the whole weekend but I think at least today and tomorrow. I was pretty pissy last night ...DH ended up staying home because Story's sitter's son was running a high fever and he didn't want her to be exposed...but then he did almost NOTHING at home...I asked him to try to clean up a little since his friend was coming over and all he did was vacuum...he actually waited til I got home to start cleaning and only after I started to do it. This is one of my biggest pet peeves--not taking initiative when you SEE something that needs to be done. I hate being a nag but seriously...LOOK AROUND YOU and just DO IT. DH's defense was "it's just Jason--you should see his house, ours is immaculate in comparison"... I just don't understand why that makes it OK. I mean seriously, I worked all day then I got to come home and do all the chores. he literally did nothing all day.
Needless to say, we got the place cleaned up after I started furiously scrubbing the kitchen in my anger. He decided to pitch in when he noticed I was anger-cleaning, and it was done in an hour. then we had a nice long discussion about expectations afterwards so I feel better.

QOTD: I definitely get SAD. I have had it for years, probably since I was in college. I hate winter because of the lack of daylight hours and I LOVE summer...I do feel like this year it has been less intense, likely due to me feeling generally better about everything in my life after losing so much weight. I know everyone says it, but This surgery has changed everything about my life.

B: coffee w/ 1/3 vanilla PP shake, Low carb Blueberry banana mini muffin, 1/2 C cottage cheese
L: cheesy ranch chicken, broccoli & cauliflower
S: greek L&F yogurt
D: DH is making his famous meatballs tonight for his friend and a nice side salad.

Pics: my latest self portrait--I was playing around with watercolors which are not my strongest medium...but I do love the cartoony quality.
Also, the dress I found at Burlington last weekend that I could not say no to...I have no where to wear this dress but I also got shoes to match it and now I am on the hunt for a fancy event just to wear this dress!LOL please ignore the stupid socks. haha

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Dcgirl
on 2/8/19 7:12 am, edited 2/7/19 11:13 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG Amber, I would have been livid! I like that you guys had a discussion about expectations afterward. I have found that is KEY. I was SO annoyed last week when it was the middle of a snowstorm and I had to go pick up FIVE kids and Kris was like, "oh there isn't any gas in the SUV". Like, you drove it 150 miles yesterday, you KNEW I had to do this, and now it's MY problem??? I was so irate and we had to chat about expectations :)

ETA: I love love love that dress and it looks awesome on you! I think you and DH could find a reason to wear that out - maybe a gallery opening a nice dinner?

Also, your painting is awesome. You are such a talented artist.

seattledeb
on 2/9/19 10:43 pm

He and I would still be talking about that!

karenp8
on 2/8/19 9:36 am - Brighton, IL

Love the drawing--so wish I was artistic but i am not. The dress is georgeous and looks perfect on you too!

Emiepie
on 2/8/19 10:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That dress is amazing! I feel ya on the "just do it", constant battle for me but it's with my 14 year old. She gets mad that I am "all up in her business" but doesn't take care of business.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

seattledeb
on 2/9/19 10:54 pm

I also am a vetern in this war.

One thing helped me. Giving a time period in which it would get done. Then I could forget about it. Also lowering my standards.

Good luck. I think his swimming 3 hours/day saved me when he was 14!

My house will be clean in September.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 325 views