What's on your Saturday menu, RnYers?

Au_Contraire
on 2/9/19 2:37 am, edited 2/9/19 2:40 am

Hello you wonderful WLS folks! Happy Saturday!

For once I'm starting the thread - although there's always a possibility that someone else will already have posted by the time I'm done typing. I'm on the far northwestern edge of the USA, so am usually still sleeping when the menu thread launches! Tonight I'm just up very late.

Snow is predicted here again today. It's been in the 20's through the low 30's since last week's snow. Yesterday it got down to 10 degrees here, and it snowed steadily and heavily all day long. The lake here is covered with snow - it's completely white, which means it's also iced over. I'm ok with driving in snow and ice if I must, it just takes longer to travel. But the long, very steep hill (which ends in a busy intersection) leading from my neck of the woods to civilization is no joke in these conditions. When that thing ices over, it becomes a skating rink. I just don't get the lack of plowing, sanding, or salting! Washingtonians pride themselves on their rugged outdoorsiness, but taking ruggedness to that level baffles me. Anyway, I decided to postpone my post office run until Monday. It was so icy and there was no let up in the snow. If it wasn't for that hill I would have gone. Snow is forecast every day throughout this wee****il Friday, when it's supposed to rain instead! I'm hopeful that it will be intermittent rather than falling steadily. I have to move next weekend, ugh, and really would prefer more cooperative weather!

QOTD: Are you a strong dreamer? Have you ever had predictive dreams? Are your dreams very colorful? Do you fly in them? I go through periods of very intense and significant dreaming, then through longer periods of less intense and less meaningful dreams. This cycles back and forth. I have had some predictive dreams. My mother was a very strong predictive dreamer. My brother too, and my dad. The predictive dreams I've had have been heads ups or warnings or explanations of why things are the way they end up becoming. I have some friends who dislike their predictive dreams because they are too disturbing. Generally mine aren't frightening - perhaps because my entire nocturnal childhood was plagued by terrifying and vivid nightmares. I think I used up my lifetime's worth of nightmares by the time I was 10 or so. Thankfully such things are exceedingly rare for me now, and I rarely am disturbed by my dreams unless I am physically too hot, or unless something is really, really bothering me. If I'm too hot I'll have a disturbing dream which ends up waking me up, so I can throw off the blankets and cool down. If I am feeling really troubled about something, I can have repetitive dreams night after night, until I cry for mercy and curiously the dream stops coming, or until I figure out how to solve things. How about you?

Accountability: I bought myself some of those hickory flavored almonds. I found them to be addictive and will not repurchase. I ended up having 1.6 ounces - which contains way too many calories - before I poured dishwashing soap all over the remainder and threw them out. If I hadn't they would still be calling my name! I prefer food which is higher in protein, lower in calories, and to be honest I don't really want to have food in the house which attracts me that much. I'm not going to buy any more cheese this coming week either. That salty-fatty taste just gets me going - to places I don't want to go! I'm so close to my ultimate goal weight - within 2 pounds! So I really want to hold steady, both until I get there, and afterwards, to maintain.

First: tons of tea!

B: eggs with ham

L: Everroast chicken

D: roast turkey

S: tuna packet

Have a wonderful day, my friends! I'm going to spend it packing!

bethmal
on 2/9/19 4:54 am, edited 2/8/19 11:17 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

Hi there OHers,

I didn't make it here yesterday. I was crazy busy all day and didn't get home until after 9:30 last night!

Today is more running around and we will be out all day. There is a possible puppy meeting today if we can work it out with the foster parents, taxes and a visit to a local winery. Tomorrow I'm just going to crash.

Accountability: I didn't get in 100 ounces of water but did exceed 64 ounces. Food was fine because I was so busy.

QOTD: I have dreams. I usually don't remember them when I wake up though.

TSS: 1 year and 1 month weight 163

B: PP chocolate shake

L: going to Dickey's BBQ

D: we will be out all day so I am not sure

Lots of water and vitamins

Edit: not meeting the potential puppy because all of a sudden the foster's mom is going to take him. I admit my heart is broken.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Au_Contraire
on 2/9/19 10:16 am

Sorry about the puppy.

yvonnef1964
on 2/9/19 6:01 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I have a cpr class this morning for 4 hours. Not looking forward to the luncheon though, they are having pizza, salad and pop. I'll bring my water bottle with me. I'm eating breakfast later so maybe I won't be hungry when they eat and eat when I get home or just have salad then have some protein when I get home since I ate two slices of pizza last night and trail mix.

Qotd sometimes I remember what I dream but not as often as it used to be.

Coffee first

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L not sure if it will be my tuna and cottage cheese

D depends what I eat for lunch

Have a good day.

catwoman7
on 2/9/19 6:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

with pizza, I generally just scrape the toppings off a couple of pieces and eat that and leave the crust. Occasionally I'll eat one intact piece, though - although that crust takes up a lot of stomach real estate. I'd rather indulge in the toppings!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 2/9/19 6:09 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning!

Last night I went out after work with the 4 other people I started training with for this job and had a super fun time. We went to a bar but I didn't drink and nobody minded--we weren't there to get drunk. I did eat some unplanned appetizers that everyone shared. I feel like LinkedIn takes "culture fit" very seriously when hiring and it really shows in the way that almost immediately I feel like I'm part of a family. The 5 of us that started together have a lot in common and we spent our time almost entirely laughing!

Not much planned for today, it's cold and dreary and supposed to snow all this coming week. I have dishes that need doing, and I'll likely start looking at travel plans for our summer trip to Portland, OR.

Qotd: I dream vividly, but infrequently. I feel like I dream more on the weekends. Maybe my mind is more relaxed?

breakfast: coffee, and will make scrambled eggs and ham when DH wakes up

lunch: last night I made "shepherd pie" using ground turkey and mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes. It wasn't bad, and I'll eat leftovers for lunch

dinner: unsure, but most likely chicken I think

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 2/9/19 6:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Thanks for starting us out!

I was hoping to get to my usual sunrise yoga class this morning (haven't been in a week or two), but I didn't get out of bed until 7:15. Plus it's so damn cold out (-1 F) that I'm not sure I would have wanted to be outside this early anyway. I'll see what else the studio (or gym) has going today that looks appealing. I feel like I need to move - and walking around outside, given the temp, isn't going to happen.

our Turkish friend (now at the house where he's rented a room - although he's looking for another arrangement since he's too cold there) is now more receptive to the idea of layering clothes (before, he insisted layering was "too uncomfortable", until I and his landlord pretty much told him it was layering or being too cold - take your pick). He's also receptive to the idea of checking out thrift stores, which is great because regular stores are pretty much out of their winter clothing stock at this point (we've checked..). So we'll do the thrift store circuit with him sometime this weekend. After that, and after he gets settled in yet another place, maybe I can rest easy. I like the guy, but he's been consuming a lot of my energy. I'll be glad to be settled back into my routine.

QOTD: I almost never remember dreams. I was in a well-being study for 10 months once, part of which involved three sleep studies where they woke me up periodically throughout the night to ask what I was dreaming about. Most of the time, I had no clue. I'm sure I wasn't much help to the researchers! Sometimes I do have dreams where I'm being chased - or I'm aware there's some murderer or around - or some other anxiety type of dream. I think those tend to happen mostly when I'm really stressed out about something. I think it's my brain just trying to deal with the stress.

Accountability - I went out to lunch yesterday and then had a protein bar that I shouldn't have, so I was over my calorie allotment by 300. But of course, my weight was down today (it was up the other day after eating under my allotment). The daily fluctuations rarely make sense, but whatever. As long as it's not trending up...

3 years 8 months out:

B: protein pancakes topped with homemade Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: if we're here, 2 oz chicken and chopped raw veggies on a Flat Out wrap. If we're out, something safe.

AS: light yogurt or raw veggies with either hummus or Greek yogurt/ranch dip

D: I got some of that artichoke salad that Emily likes from Aldi yesterday, so maybe that with tuna or shredded chicken breast

ES: same as AS

have a good day, All!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 2/9/19 6:40 am - Brighton, IL

Feeling a bit better today so Lily and I got up and got our 4 miles done. It was a brisk walk as the temp was 11 degrees. It was so cold there was ice in my scarf where I had it wrapped over my mouth. Now I spend the rest of the day trying to get warm. We'll do our 1.2 mile loop before supper too. QOTD rarely remember any of my dreams. Accountability was good only because I was too sick to eat. Weight today 125.4. Heres the food plan B2/3 c earnest eats hot cereal L 2 pieces deli turkey 1 piece provolone cheese D 4 oz chicken burger from last night S pork rinds and salsa if needed. Probably may not eat all this as food still is not sounding good. Goal is at least 100 ounces of fluids. Have a great day everyone! Time to find some coffee!

Amy Liz
on 2/9/19 7:36 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning! Today is a few errands, vet and packing! Fun, fun! Your almond story cracked me up and dish soap is my go-to for problem foods I need to get rid of also! Need to get going I have so much to do today!!

QOTD - I rarely remember a dream anymore and I'm thankful for that! I've had strange and scary dreams most of my life, particularly as a kid. I do wake up worrying about things, but all very normal and real stuff.

accountability - great

2years, 2 mo out - 164.6

b- coffee x 3, protein pancake

l-eggbeaters and salsa

d-cheese omelette

es L&F greek yogurt

v/l on track

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/9/19 9:13 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good afternoon! I miss the beauty of snow, but man this warm sunshine is great!

QOTD: I think I always dream but rarely remember unless it is a nightmare and wakes me up. I did used to dream of flying but haven't for a long time. I also haven't dreamed of deceased DD for quite a while which makes me sad as I used to feel like she had visited me when I did and would wake up happy.

Accountability: Continues to be iffy... Mood related mostly.

2 Years 10 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 2 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: protein pancakes (I have been craving them)

D: Pork and pepper kabobs

S: sweetened cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
Recent Topics