What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

catwoman7
on 2/11/19 5:24 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

if you're just taking the standard deduction (which most of us will be this year), having a professional do it probably isn't going to net you any more money (that usually works when you itemize and are eligible to take deductions that you didn't realize you were eligible for....). But on the other hand, if you hate and/or are uncomfortable doing your tax returns, then there's that...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 2/11/19 8:21 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I feel your pain on the slowdown!! It's real and it's hard.

I use TurboTax and it's so easy.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

bethmal
on 2/11/19 8:53 am
RNY on 12/26/17

We, like you, are middle class living month to month and had our taxes done last Saturday. I cost us $195 which I thought was ridiculous for less than an hour of her time. The kicker was that we owed. We owed a lot! We have never owed the government. I almost fell out of the chair and onto the floor. Thank goodness we are getting something back for the state and will only have about $1,000 out of our pockets. I don't know where that money is going to come from but we will make it happen. I hope you have better luck than we had!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

AnnyBananny
on 2/11/19 10:02 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Unfortunately I think a lot of people's withholding wasn't correct with the new tax law. Definitely check your W4. The tax preparer might actually review it for you as part of their work, if they haven't already.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Partlypollyanna
on 2/11/19 11:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have heard so many stories like this and it's still early in the tax cycle. It's horrifying.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Librarian67
on 2/11/19 10:42 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I always did it "by hand" until we bought the house 9 years ago. Then went to a CPA & we did definitely get alot more back. Also used a CPA the first year we were married & filing jointly and the year that we refinanced the house...all more complicated. That said, yes, it was nice to have someone else add up all of our donations, medical expenses, etc. but for $450 jointly or $300 separately, it just wasn't worth it when I can get even the updated TurboTax for less than $100 including the state (I use the online version).

I was sure that I'd itemize this year with all of the medical expenses and donations that I kept track of, but even with all of that we ended up with the standard deduction. Because DW wasn't doing deductions for several months, I anticipated owing, but thankfully we didn't but only got enough back to pay for TurboTax and a Valentine's Day dinner out...still, we didn't own anything. Very different from our usual big refunds though!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Maddymoe2
on 2/11/19 7:18 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. It is currently snowing, again! It makes me feel claustrophobic. I am so ready for spring!

I have been having a dull pain on my lower left side. I have a doctor appointment next week. I am thinking it's my ovary. It almost feels like a pulling sensation. Do you think it could be adhesions from my RNY?? Has anyone else had anything like that? It kind of comes and goes with no rhyme or reason.

QOTD- I struggle with my head definitely. Changing my behaviors and coping with my food addiction is a daily struggle. I am really working on being "present" and not eating out of habit. I find that I do best when I eat on a schedule.

Food for today=

2 eggs with 1 c. cottage cheese with EBB seasoning

1 slice of swiss

Tuna with onion and dill pickles, 2 T. SG poppyseed dressing

5 oz shredded chicken with salsa

766 calories, 13 carbs, 117 protein

I am really working on keeping my calories under 800 a day, as low carb as possible and protein at least 100. Lots of fluids, 120 oz minimum. I have an appt March 8th with my surgeon and I really want to lose a few pounds.

Emiepie
on 2/11/19 11:48 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you find the source of the pain. My random pain in usually my right side and best we can determine is gas sets in there from time to time.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

karenp8
on 2/11/19 7:20 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Lily and I got our 4 miles in before it began to rain. We'll do another 1.2 miles before supper too if the rain stops at some point. Accountability was spot on yesterday food and stepwise. QOTD finding ways to deal with stress and boredom that aren't food is the biggest challenge. Heres today's eats B 2/3 c earnest eats with protein L slice of deli turkey 1 slice provolone D baked chicken leg 1/2 c green beans S sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Goal for liquids is at least 100 ozs. I hit it yesterday. Weight today 125.4. Have a great day full of smart choices everyone!

Amy Liz
on 2/11/19 7:24 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was super productive in that we were able to pack the majority of our stuff and completely go through the garage. I seriously underestimated the number of boxes we would have and I need to go buy more today. We were able to sell a few things too, so that is good. I'm off today and tomorrow so more of the same, but more finishing and cleaning. I can't wait until next Sunday - to wake up in the new house! Unpacking doesn't bother me in the least and there is no pressure other than finding what you need.

QOTD - My biggest challenge is emotional - anxiety/stress. That is when my resolve lowest and if it's really bad, I'm at F-it level. I really try not to let myself get there as it has gotten harder and harder to get myself out of that pattern. It's a daily struggle.

Accountability - Okay - retaining big time, could be Jersey Mikes and not drinking enough and as scale is up

2 years 2 months - 167.1

b- coffee x3, L&F yogurt

l- eggbeaters and salsa

d-cheese omelette

es - L&F yogurt

v/l - will try harder to keep my ounces UP!

e - working hard all day

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?