What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers??

Writergurl08
on 3/3/19 5:12 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I'm up stupid early and feel awful. I did a thing I didn't think I'd ever do again last night--I did shots while I was out bowling with some friends. It was ugly, I drunk texted a coworker (it was harmless--it was the "work boyfriend" I'd mentioned yesterday and it was referencing a Michael Jackson ongoing meme/joke) and didn't notice until just a few minutes ago. This is the first time I've had any alcohol since surgery, and I didn't drink very often before surgery, so I'm mostly just surprised at myself. My car is not in my driveway, so I assumed my friends brought me home instead of taking me to my car, which was parked at the salon. Photos below of my new green hair and the group I was out with (before the shots)

qotd: is there anything you swore you'd never do post-op? Have you? How do you feel about it? Drinking was one for me as i wasn't a drinker much anyway so I figured it wouldn't be hard to never do it again. I'm embarrassed because I don't remember things from last night, but ultimately I know and understand TOO WELL the risks of transfer addiction and this won't be happening again, not to that degree at any rate.

Breakfast: Greek L&F, coffee

lunch: leftover chicken

dinner: smoked salmon

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

karenp8
on 3/3/19 5:35 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! We made it to the distribution center and are getting snow this morning so Lily and I will try for several short walks as opposed to a long one. Accountability was spot on yesterday with over 10,000 steps and no extra bites even though the carb monster was definetely present. I even had 100 ounces of fluids and that's the goal for today too. Weight today 124.4--yes! QOTD I told myself I would never eat sweets as they are too tempting and I have no moderation. Several times I've eaten them to the point of dumping and being miserable and it is a struggle EVERY SINGLE DAY. I am just a big dummy when it comes to anything sweet. I'm sure it will be a fight til the day I die. Here's the food for today B1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 2/3 c cheesy broccoli soup for this cold snowy day D 4 oz baked salmon with a few bites green beans. Have a great day full of smart conscious choices everyone! Time to fire up the coffee pot!

Librarian67
on 3/3/19 7:42 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Congrats on getting your weight back down! I know it was a struggle!

Kisses to Lily!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Greateight
on 3/3/19 9:07 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Hats off to you if you are walking outside today, Karen. It is miserably cold and windy in Chicago and I'm sure its not much better downstate either.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Maddymoe2
on 3/3/19 6:16 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning. I am up early too. Hoping for a nap today. The cat woke me up today. She wanted in my room, she wanted out of my room, she wanted food. I finally gave up and got up with her at 4:30. Sometimes she is really obnoxious!

My daughter and I went shopping yesterday. The food struggle is real! We used to always go to Red Robin when we were out and about. I have not been there since surgery. I didn't feel like I could be trusted with the fries, so I resisted. We decided on Quodoba. I had a burrito bowl, double chicken, no rice, cheese or beans, and extra grilled veggies. It was a win!!

Cassie, I am thankful you are okay! I have not had any hard liquor since my surgery. I do miss a margarita, but I am afraid of them and the sugar.

Food for today-

2 cups black coffee with Miralax

Protein pancakes with WF syrup

4 oz turkey breast with mustard and pickles

Big mac in a bowl

just 2 yogurt with 2 frozen strawberries

Hoping for a walk today after it warms up and this wind dies down.

Writergurl08
on 3/3/19 7:32 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I was with very good friends I trust, thank goodness! I've never bothered explaining to people that alcohol may affect me differently now because I figured "I don't drink anyway so it's a non-point." So now they know that I just "can't hang!" Ugh, though.

catwoman7
on 3/3/19 8:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Kudos to your friends for watching out for you and bringing you home - those friends are keepers!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/3/19 12:41 pm

Some of my friends love to hang out with them. Since I still can act and be silly without drinking, now that I don't drink - i can be a designated driver.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Writergurl08
on 3/3/19 1:29 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

DD is my normal role.

Amy Liz
on 3/3/19 7:08 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone! Cassie - LOVE your hair! I'm sorry that happened to you, that must have felt awful this morning. I haven't had more than one drink and only a handful of times since surgery but that one drink effects me like 3 would pre op. Feel better! Today we are hanging curtains, laundry and going out to celebrate later today. Weekends go by too fast, there just isn't enough time, but our house is looking great and the flower pots look fabulous!

QOTD - I swore I wouldn't eat sugar - the whole don't wanna dump or find out that I don't deal. But I have, I dump most of the time, and have wicked RH with or without the dumping. A few times nothing happened and that was worrisome. I think it depends - It's the worst if I have lot of sugar on an empty stomach, easier on a full stomach or if I only have a taste or a bite I can 'get away with it" It's a game now that I absolutely REGRET that I started playing.

Accountability - I didn't feel well and want' hungry much, but did enjoy the hell out of the Tazo vanilla bean macaroon tea - OMG I'm in love. It smells and tastes like an actual cookie, yum!

2 years, 3 mo - 170.8

b- coffee x 3 eggbeaters and salsa

l- TBD we are going out

d-chicken breast and cesar salad

es- TVBM tea!

v/l - on track

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views