What is on your menu today (Photo Friday) RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 3/8/19 10:04 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I "seem" to be safe, but no one can ever know. As of right now, I feel fine. Other than being painfully sad for the 4,000 people who lost their jobs this week :(

Emiepie
on 3/8/19 7:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the work anxiety settles a bit-I know it's bad when we have dreams about work (I wish I could get paid for those hours!)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

CarlRay
on 3/8/19 6:48 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning! I parked the car and walked in today. It was cold but sunny, so I bundled up and really loved it. I have a plantar callous that is driving me nuts. It's been frozen at the doctor and I've also treated it at home, but it's stubborn. I agree with the doctor and doubt it is a plantar wart, because it doesn't look like one. Probably is a callous because of the walking. The treatment is the same so it'll go away eventually. Sore though.

Menu is good. Breakfast is my usual apple and protein bar with a coffee chaser.

MS/AS will be a protein shake if I need something.

Lunch is beef-barley soup, extra meat.

Supper is unknown but I'll behave.

QOTD: Oh my Lord yes. I've regained the strength through working out that I lost but the sheer leverage loss is just hilarious when I'm doing jobs. Shoveling snow, nope. Even manhandling the snow blower I inherited from my parents. I don't have the bulk behind it. Digging a fence post hole last year (and digging out a clothesline pole), I have to jump on the shovel like crazy. My wife laughs at the look on my face. Rough housing with the kids, they can throw me off balance. (Luckily they can't catch me AT ALL now). Pushing a car that's out of gas, noticeably harder. My golf swing is different, so much that I can no longer hit the one big driver that I have. That's a weird one. Everything else in my game is unaffected but I have had to switch back to the smaller drivers to launch a golf ball straight.

The last thing I can think of is swimming. I don't float anymore. Swimming with the kids last week, I sank right to the bottom when I stopped treading.

On the flip side, my speed/stamina for things like drumming is just ridiculous. I've been doing it 40 years now but never like this. At the end of a practice or show, I've barely broken a sweat. I'm not the fastest or most technically intricate, and I'm not a hard hitter anymore, but when I want to do any of those styles, I can without issue. Old aches seem to be resolved mostly.

I can work on the house or help somebody move or whatever and just go ALL DAY. I love that and it's one of the non medical things for which I'm so thankful.

Here's today's pic, me this am sitting about 5 lbs under goal. Time for some jeans that fit better.

Remember, no matter where you go.......there you are.

Emiepie
on 3/8/19 8:00 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy getting some new jeans!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 3/8/19 9:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I can totally relate to the swimming thing. I used to float like crazy - now I sink like a rock. It takes real effort to stay afloat. I think swimming is the only exercise that's actually *easier* when you're obese!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 3/8/19 7:00 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning all! I'm home using a sick day today, but I'm not actually sick. My work offers us 80 hours of sick time (outside of normal PTO) but they allow us to use it for things like doctors appointments! So I have an eye exam today and will have my eyes dilated, so I'm using a sick day. Once my eyes are back to normal I'll go run errands.

Qotd: I'm not near maintenance yet, and I haven't noticed too much, but I have a feeling I might notice more once gardening starts. I'm thinking that I used to be able to press my weight down on the shovel to dig deeper, and I may not be able to do that as well!

breakfast: Greek L&F, coffee

lunch: probablybkeep it simple today and just have a tuna packet, maybe a string cheese

dinner: I'll pull some soup from the freezer (I have several individual portions of soup frozen)

pic of me out shoveling snow. I took the pic to post on my FB to remind myself that while last year my herbs were already starting to come up (I had a video of my cats enjoying fresh catnip I'd picked that day), this year we are buried to our chests, the drifts are to my hips. Also, pic of my cats ultimate judgy face

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Emiepie
on 3/8/19 8:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Red looks fab on you!!!

Greateight
on 3/8/19 10:00 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I paged through quickly, saw the glasses and thought it was Amber.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 3/8/19 9:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I love that cat!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 3/8/19 6:16 pm

What a pretty tabby!

And I agree, you look wonderful in red!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views