Nervous newbie

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/19 8:02 am
VSG on 03/21/19

Hello everyone!

Very nervous newbie here.

My surgery was scheduled for October 18-2019 and has now been rescheduled for for March 21-2019 due to a cancellation. I agreed to the new date but I'm so scared and don't feel prepared. I won't even be able to complete a full two weeks of SlimTime as it hasn't arrived yet. The nurse said to just start it as soon as it arrives. Yikes!

peachpie
on 3/9/19 2:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Wow- that jump in time would make anyone nervous. You can do a liquid diet without any special products, no need to wait on that product IMO. The net two weeks are gonna suck, but trust me- it's worth it.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Au_Contraire
on 3/9/19 3:00 pm

How very exciting! Do try to get in at least 100 grams of protein a day in whatever product you use, if you start before what you've ordered arrives. That's important because not only will your liver shrink, but your body will have the fuel it needs for recovery. Amazon carries Syntrex Nectar whey protein isolate, a high quality choice, and they can get it to you quickly. I did 4 shakes a day during my pre-op diet phase. Best of luck to you!

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/19 8:36 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

Thanks for the info. I do have some Nestle unflavoured protein powder that I can add to the shakes if need be.

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/19 8:31 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

The SlimTime arrived late this afternoon so will start tomorrow. I can't imagine having only 4 shakes per day for the next 12 days. You're right. It's gonna suck!

Amy R.
on 3/10/19 9:57 am

Don't wait until tomorrow. A wise woman here says "next meal, not next day". Unless you're done eating for the day I'd try to knock at least one of those back.
}
Also, if you're super nervous remember you can probably still keep your original date. You have options.

Just suggestions. No judgments. Good luck. =)

Greatmum41
on 3/10/19 12:41 am

Good luck don't be nervous I too was booked early when someone canceled I only had 6 days to prepare. In the end I think it was better it gave me less time to think about it.

Good luck

catwoman7
on 3/10/19 5:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

we were allowed to use any brand of whey protein isolate. Just run by a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe if you have one nearby. They carry several brands. You may even be able to find them at a pharmacy or well-stocked grocery store.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/19 5:36 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

Well I've managed to complete my first day of the liquid diet. The shakes taste pretty good but I'm oh so very hungry. Heading to bed early so the morning will come faster. One day down. Ten more days to go. ?

winner123
on 3/15/19 2:12 pm
RNY on 02/18/19

I feel you. I don't know how I completed my 2 weeks. You'll get used to the routine on the 3rd or 4th day but it doesn't get better. You'll still be hungry unfortunately.

I find hot liquid in my mouth more satisfying so I made chicken broths with ginger. Sometimes chicken broth with garlic or chicken broth with onion powder. Top Ramen broth will do too, I put hot sauce.

Excited for you! Good Luck!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views