What is on your menu today (Monday) RNYers

bethmal
on 3/13/19 3:39 am
RNY on 12/26/17

There is a process to go through and I am looking into it but first I have to let my emotions calm down. He tried to talk to me yesterday and I was like "Nope, not today!" My teammates are furious as well. I am meeting with another like-minded teacher this morning to hear her take on the situation.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Greateight
on 3/12/19 5:16 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

It is of course, inappropriate and completely unacceptable to evaluate somebody professionally based upon your perceptions of their attractiveness.

But with that said, those young teachers, they've got nothing on you!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

bethmal
on 3/13/19 3:40 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Thanks, Jim, that's kind of you.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

karenp8
on 3/12/19 4:19 am - Brighton, IL

Morning Daisy and menu friends! It starts my day off right when I log on and see Daisy here. Hope you are doing well,my friend! Accountability yesterday was good stepwise and foodwise but I only got 90 ounces of fluids and most of that was right before bed. I will get at least 100 ounces today as I feel so much better with at least that. Weight today is 124.6. Lily and I will do a half hour walk at lunch and 3 miles before dinner unless weather interferes. Rain is a possibility but at least the temps are nice! We had a wonderful walk last night with a light jacket and we both had lots of fun. QOTD my center stinks for after surgery care. If I listened to them I'd be eating pasta and potatoes and weighing 140 pounds. Luckily I came here and found out how to best live life as a postop and I thank all the vets for their wonderful advice. Fluids is a big goal for today and here's the eats B2/3 c earnest eats pro hot cereal(apple) L pack of tuna with t mayo and relish D we are going to eat with the volunteer team here this week and they have made lasagna. I will take 2/3 c cheesy broccoli soup instead and have a few bites lettuce salad as well. Snack will be serving of pork rinds with 1 T salsa. Have a great day everyone full of smart and conscious choices!

mablack1973
on 3/12/19 4:26 am - CT
RNY on 03/15/12

It's been awhile but here is my meal plan for today:

B: 2 egg white cheese omelette and a cup of coffee with half and half

S: PP bar

L: Grilled chicken and egg whites over salad greens with balsamic

S: greek yogurt

D: left over London broil and broccoli

For exercise I'm hoping to do a two mile walk with my dog after work. Weather is supposed to be nice for it today.

Have a great day friends!

Mike

"Men are made stronger on realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm." ~Sidney J. Phillips

Librarian67
on 3/12/19 4:37 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! Glad to see you here this morning Daisy!

QOTD: My surgeon's program is horrible! They suck people in for surgery and then drop them without any good guidance. For instance, I was given guidelines and sample menus through the first 3-4 weeks (to soft foods), then nothing! A sample menu for soft foods was 6 PB crackers! Really! at 3 weeks?! Like others they wanted me to eat WAY too many calories including bread, pasta, rice, crackers, etc. When I challenged that with the nutritionist, I was told not to say those things in front of other patients because it wasn't good advice. The consequences are obvious though because when I met with my surgeon a few weeks ago for my 2 year appointment, he was shocked that I have maintained my loss of more than 130#'s and that I am exercising and in great shape. He told me that ALL of his patients regain weight, some of them all of it. Well of course they will without good guidance and support! Oh well, enough ranting! I am just SO grateful for OH and the people here who had personal experience in what works and what doesn't.

Menu:

B: DD turkey sausage wrap, coffee

S: Chomps

L: Subway chicken salad

S: Chomps, apple

D: beef, broccoli or steamed shrimp

E: the weather is supposed to be sunny and mild so I plan on going for a run at lunch.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

yvonnef1964
on 3/12/19 5:00 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I have a therapy this morning and I also need to go to the tire place to have them check the air in my tires, the low tire pressure light came on.

Yesterday I woke up with this pain in the top part of back on one side and it still there yet today. It really hurts when I try to sneeze. I thought maybe I slept on it wrong but last night I tried not to sleep on that side. If it's still there tomorrow, I'll call my doctor.

I ate a little better yesterday. I had yogurt and graham crackers at work and last night I had a cookie at support group which I shouldn't of got in the first place.

Qotd some things are good, sometimes I didn't always agreed with the dieticians. They are helping with my binge eating where my regular doctor wouldn't help me. I've met with the behavior person after my surgery. They haven't judged me for gaining some weight back. I feel they are very supportive. They offer surgical support group and behavior classes but since working, I can't attend which I really miss. They took away the night I would attend due to sometimes I was the only one to show up. Overall I think they have a good aftercare program.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna and cottage cheese

D rotisserie chicken and California blend vegetables

Have a good day.

Please don't let me eat extra food today

Maddymoe2
on 3/12/19 5:40 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning. I slept terribly last night. The cat kept on waking me up. She is very vocal and talks a lot, even in her sleep. I feel bad about kicking her out of my room. She loves to sleep on the heated floor tiles.

QOTD- I loved my surgeon, but she retired. She had an amazing bedside manner. I was supposed to go for my 2-year checkup in early December, but I have been rescheduled 3 times. I have done blood work with my primary doctor and all my numbers look great. I was worried about my ferritin, but I was able to get it up with pro-ferrin iron. I love that stuff. Not impressed with the NUT either. She told me that I should be eating fruit ****tail post op. There is a support group, but its an hour away at 7 pm at night. Maybe I will try and go this summer. I am just thankful for all of you!

Today is going to be a busy day at work and then I am taking a friend to see an attorney to alter her will. Her husband passed in November.

Accountability- 1 ate a piece of rye toast. I have come to the conclusion that maybe I just can't have rye in the house.

Food for today-

Protein pancakes with Waldenfarms syrup

Just 2 yogurt

Cauli rice with chicken and cabbage

Not sure about dinner. Possibly more cauli rice or shredded chicken taco salad.

Vites always and lots of hot tea/water.

Writergurl08
on 3/12/19 5:53 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning Daisy and group! Today and I think tomorrow it's supposed to be rainy, windy, and above freezing, so we are in flood warnings as there is now too much water saturating the ground. I'm hoping I'll see the grass before too long though! I'm anxious to start gardening.

Qotd: my center was amazing for pre-op, and had me see a nutritionist for the first year post-op, but I haven't been back to any support group meetings as they're only once a month and I always seem to have something else going on. I'd rate them as fair to good.

breakfast: coffee with premier

lunch: salad bar today with chicken

dinner: taco salad with leftover taco meat

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 3/12/19 5:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Taking the cat to the vet's in an hour to have his sutures removed (the one who had stem cell treatment last week) and...that's it! I have a lot of things I need to be doing, though, so I'll work on some of that today.

the results for the bloodwork I had done last Friday have all been posted (some is for my upcoming plastic surgery, some for this stupid wellness program that my insurance company has - if you step through all the hoops, you get a $150 pre-paid credit card). Everything looks good except my protein and glucose levels are still below normal. Ack! Not surprised at glucose - am at protein. I already eat over 100 grams every day. I have to bump it up to 150 the week before PS (and for a few weeks after), so I'll start that now. I've been having a protein shake every day as a mid-morning snack for years to keep my levels at 100+, but I obviously need to focus on it more in my eating, too... (I malabsorb it and have since the beginning. I may have even before WLS, but we'll never know as they didn't do a baseline of protein levels).

QOTD: they seem to be OK with this. I still meet with the surgeon and RD annually (I can meet with the psychologist, too, but I don't). They always stress that their patients can meet with them any time - not just at the annual follow-up. They also have monthly support groups, but I've only gone to a handful. I'm also one of their regular presenters at their pre-op classes, and I find that helpful - I enjoy doing it, and it's one of those things (like OH) that keeps me motivated to keep at it!

3 years 9 months out:

B: 3 pumpkin protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and homemade apple/cinnamon compote (no added sugar), coffee with half & half

MS: pumpkin vanilla protein latte shake

L: salad or Flat Out wrap with rotisserie chicken breast

AS: light yogurt and/or raw veggies with 2 T hummus or ranch Greek yogurt

D: if the kid is not around (he's Muslim), then blackened pork chops with Brussels sprouts. If he is - not sure. Maybe turkey meatballs and zoodles (I just don't want to make two dishes if he eats over here, which he does fairly frequently)

ES: same as AS

ex: Zumba

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?