stomach pain

Paulinev
on 3/12/19 6:46 am

I have been getting pain in between my ribs right were my pouch is. It generally starts to hurt if I eat to fast, but a couple of nights ago it was hurting really bad after dinner, and then I started to vomit, which lasted about 8 hours. Is this normal? or do i need to see my surgeon

hollykim
on 3/12/19 7:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 12, 2019 at 1:46 PM Pacific Time, Paulinev wrote:

I have been getting pain in between my ribs right were my pouch is. It generally starts to hurt if I eat to fast, but a couple of nights ago it was hurting really bad after dinner, and then I started to vomit, which lasted about 8 hours. Is this normal? or do i need to see my surgeon

this pain could be a sign of gallbladder disease,if you still have yours. Either way,you should see your pcp to check it out.

Paulinev
on 3/12/19 7:15 am

thank you!

jenorama
on 3/12/19 11:06 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Is it on the left or the right? A couple of years after my RNY, I started having what felt like gas pain under my breastbone that would radiate to the left side. It would go away overnight and it turned out that I was having gastritis brought on by too much caffeine. If it's on the right, that could be gallbladder as Holly said. Have you noticed that the pain seems to come on if you eat something high fat?

While you're waiting to see your doc, keep a food log if you're not already doing so.

Jen

Paulinev
on 3/12/19 12:23 pm

I will, thank you for your suggestion!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 565 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?