What is on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers

Sheila_H
on 3/14/19 9:06 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

LOL I've been hearing that word over and over in my books.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

NYMom222
on 3/14/19 8:05 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Hope puppy makes a full recovery!

QOTD: Hmmmm....No new words but a good thought, now I am going to pay attention..

Trying to keep food bland to keep the system at bay.... and pain free....

• Protein coffee
  • overnight oats with protein
  • turkey, lite swiss on lite rye toast, green beans
  • Shrimp with veggies tbd
  • S: Protein muffins, protein, apple

Ex: Conditioning Day

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Amy Liz
on 3/14/19 11:01 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning, still~ Late, but I"m here! It was a crazy busy day yesterday. We found out the car we just gave to Jess (and had just recently sunk $1500 into) wouldn't start, so we had it towed to the shop and it needs a ton more work. We decided to upgrade and trade it in for a much newer car, w/low mileage and a great warranty. Mama feels much better now. Okay - can we stop getting hit with any more debt now? Between moving, house furnishings and 2 new cars, we are super tapped. Enough - thank you very much!!

QOTD - I always find quirky words appealing - I love British slang but find it hard to use without getting funny looks! Like poppy**** wanker, fanny about or bugger off among others. I also love daft (Jen)! Rob and I have fun pronouncing words all fussy and snobby in everyday conversation like throwing in a snobby 'pist awww chio', he cracks me up.

Accountablility - great - no time for pork rinds!

2 years, 3 mo - 171.3 -nice! fluid ya'll

B- coffee x 3, L&F greek yogurt

l-albacore tuna w/mayo mixed w/chopped romaine and balsamic vinegar

d-chicken thighs, green beans

es- L&F greek yogurt

v/l on track

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 3/14/19 11:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Ugh on the car; once they go bad, it seems they really go bad.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 3/14/19 12:56 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Right? We're done!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Au_Contraire
on 3/14/19 3:42 pm

Sorry about The car and all those expenses! But thanks for "pist awww chio"! I had a good laugh at that one!

Julia S.
on 3/14/19 2:48 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Glad to hear the migraine is better, even if it's only a bit. I hope your baby has something easily cured, I love my animals and they are truly my babies.

QOTD- I will answer with words I don't want to hear they are microinvasion, pleomorphic, neoplasia, carcinoma, in situ, minute focus, myoepithelial, cannot be excluded. OK so that is part of my pathology report.I love words, but not those ones.

I'm still struggling because I have no answers, and the MRI has not been scheduled yet. I will survive no matter what. So I need to just not let it stress me out, which is a lot easier said than done.

Accountability-Those Reese's Eggs found their way to my house again, it must have been my cat who stuck them in my bag.

I love the Ann Cleeves books, and I haven't seen the series because I find they usually don't do justice to the books and yes I see the characters much differently than the actors who portray them.

Happy Friday Eve! Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Au_Contraire
on 3/14/19 2:56 pm, edited 3/14/19 8:32 am

Hi to all my RnY kindred! Happy Thursday!

Daisy, I hope your pup feels much better very soon!

All is well here, lots of things going on and I am having a tough time adjusting to my less predictable schedule, sleep-wise. But everything is, I hope, calming down and straightening out. I look forward to a peaceful routine with time for everything!

My DIL spent the day yesterday in the ER with appendicitis, poor girl. The hospital is participating in a study on antibiotic treatment for appendicitis v. surgery, so they gave her 10 days worth of antibiotics and released her. I hope she will be ok without the further need for intervention. In China appendicitis is customarily treated herbally, which sounds good. But this intervention often become repetitive as people's appendices flare up again, which in the end is likely more painful overall. Anyway I hope My DIL will feel better.

I am cross-posting the following paragraph, as the thread I posted it to isn't that current. I hope you guys don't mind the cross-posting. I had a DEXA scan last week and posted about it, it showed me with awesome bone strength (yay!) But very low body fat @15.9%, (not so much a yay!). Here's the update:

"Hi you guys! I realize not everyone will see this but wanted to give a little update on this topic.

Today I spoke with a man from the company I had my recent DEXA scan with to go over my results, mostly because I was concerned with my body fat percentage being too low. Because I have lost 226 pounds, I have some loose skin, and this is visible on the scan image at least in one area as kind of a blob around my upper arm (or it could be my breast, who knows, but either way I definitely have some loose skin). Loose skin is difficult for the scan to identify as such, so it identifies it as muscle rather than fat, which makes the overall percentage of lean tissue appear to be higher, while the overall fat percentage correspondingly appears lower. I do have a big percentage of lean muscle as opposed to fat anyway, and my visceral fat is amazingly low, which is actually a positive thing. But the point is, loose skin is misidentified by the scan as lean tissue, which skews the results. The guy I spoke with guesstimated that I likely have more like 17-18% fat as a result of the extra skin being read as lean muscle. So still lean, but not quite as on the edge as 15.9%...whew! "

This makes sense to me. I still have to watch that my body fat does not decrease and I could (sob) gain a few # if my doc advises me to, but I'm less endangered at 17-18% than at 15.9%. This still needs attention and I am making sure that at least I do not lose any more weight (can you imagine me saying that? The person who weighed 353.6 just 21 months ago?! The mind boggles!). I hover between 126-point-something and 127-point-something, and today weighed in at 127.6.

As soon as my schedule normalizes, I would like to start a beginner's Pilates class, and a yoga class. I'm not trying to lose weight at all, just to tone/build a bit of muscle, enhance my endurance and flexibility, and keep a nice, long, lean body, with good posture, etc. One day per week of weight lifting is probably wise too, and I want to continue everyday walks.

QOTD: I love words, and find their origins fascinating. Had anyone here read Mark Twain's Adam and Eve story? I haven't in a long time, but remember cracking up at the way things were named. Some old favorites include "crepuscular" (of or relating to twilight), ""legerdemain" (skillful sleight-of-hand), and the almost never appropriate in conversation "struthiform" (rather like an ostrich(!)). Newer-to-me favorites include "alpenglow" (the roseate light seen on high mountains when the sun is setting or rising) and "onding" (a heavy fall of rain or snow, not meeting blizzard standards). There are just so many beautiful words!

First: Coffee today, two big mugs!

B: a little shredded rotisserie chicken with a bit of light mayo, and a little leftover meatloaf.

L: tuna

D: Turkey and some green beans

Have a wonderful day, my friends! Love to you all!

Rosemi
on 3/14/19 3:08 pm

So good to hear from you...really miss hearing from you ...miss reading about you enjoying your surroundings and your exuberantly created life.

Au_Contraire
on 3/14/19 3:28 pm, edited 3/14/19 8:42 am

How kind of you! Thank you. I've missed you too!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics