Whats on your (Photo) Friday menu, RNYers?

Librarian67
on 3/15/19 3:46 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Happy Friday folks! We've made it to the end of the week and I sure am glad. It feels like I've been slogging all week and I'm ready to have some down time. We don't have any big plans this weekend but there will be errands and SHOULD be cleaning! Also I need to get in some productive study time for my personal trainer cert. I'm making progress but it's really hard to come home from a long day and study effectively for more than an hour. I keep reading and rereading the same thing...

QOTD: I've been doing alot of reading about helping folks to start and continue exercising. I know that some of you are machines and that for many folks it can be a struggle to fit in exercise time consistently. If you don't mind, humor me and answer a few questions. 1) Before surgery (including as a child, young adult) were you active or athletic? 2) When did you start being more active after surgery? Did your surgeon encourage exercise? 3) What kind of activity do you do now and how often? 4) What motivates you to get out and do it or what do you struggle with most? OK, lots of questions, but I want to find out more about what experiences ACTUAL WLS folks are struggling with. Thanks!

Accountability: Yes, there was a sugar cookie that jumped into my mouth but otherwise on plan.

Menu:

B: coffee thus far, then ham & oatmeal

S: salmon jerky

L: leftover cod & zucchini

S: protein shake

D: ?

Exercise: an hour in the gym with my trainer.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 3/15/19 4:16 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! It's finally Friday! It's been a long and busy week at work and I was exhausted last night. When I took my activity band off to shower I realized why--I had12,144 steps! Accountability with food was good too--swapped out supper but calories were the same. Weight today 124.4. QOTD 1. I was not athletic ever as I was always overweight 2. I started walking 6 months prior to surgery but could do only a few minutes at first before tiring. I walk every single day unless weather stops me but if I'm home I do treadmill if outdoors is impossible. I walk 2 times a day and strive for 10,000 steps which I meet most days. My motivating factors are 2-- my boxer Miss Lily who loves her walks and how much better I feel when I move and stay active. If I want something different I occassionally will do Jillian Michaels or Leslie Sansone videos which was what I did before I got Miss Lily. Heres today food B2/3 c earnest eats pro hot cereal L 4 oz crab salad2 baby carrots D cowboy burgers(ground chicken,cheese and jalapenos) S serving pork rinds with 1 T black bean salsa. Goal is at least 100 ounces of fluids again today. t Have a great day everyone and do your best to make smart and conscious choices!

supershopper
on 3/15/19 4:19 am

hi all

had a lunch out with my old boss and ate sushi- rather it was salmon, no rice tempura piece with coating off, two dumplings and miso soup. then when i got home i ate two protein cakes and powdered peanut butter and wheat crackers. I phoned a friend who promptly tole me to stop and go to bed. so the eat fest stopped.

I did go to arial silk class and I'm progressing so that is positive but my neck and shoulder hurts now.

1) Before surgery (including as a child, young adult) were you active or athletic? NOPE

2) When did you start being more active after surgery? about 2 months out.

Did your surgeon encourage exercise? yes, BUT he wanted me to get my food first priority

3) What kind of activity do you do now and how often? weight training 3-4 times a week plus a class thrown in and maybe 1 conditioning day

4) What motivates you to get out and do it or what do you struggle with most?its a stress break for me and soon enough with my job being gone will give me more to look forward to. I just wish the gym had a sauna and pool...

food for today

coffee

water

more coffee

prot pancakes

not sure what else don't have much in freezer other than chicken to make.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

NYMom222
on 3/15/19 7:11 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Phone a friend.... sounds like who wants to be a millionaire game show...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

bethmal
on 3/15/19 4:22 am, edited 3/14/19 9:40 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

Finally Friday. What a week.

We didn't get to bring Max home yesterday. He had a bad morning at the shelter and was put on a 24 hour time out. The shelter is hoping that by giving him some space he will be a little more relaxed. They open at 12 today and since I took today off to be with him I will go down and 12 to see if I can at least visit with him. I got my hopes up yesterday so I am not going to do that again. I do want the shelter to realize I am willing to put the work into saving this little scared pup. So, I am off today to be with a puppy that I don't even have - LOL.

I was able to work in the yard last evening and it was wonderful. 71 degrees yesterday and it's supposed to be near 70 again today. So I will put in a few more hours outside along with some inside chores.

QOTD:

1. I did play softball and basketball and generally liked being active when I was younger until I started gaining weight in my mid to late 20s.
  2. I started walking right after surgery and yes, my surgeon encourages us to move and be active.
  3. Now I try to get in 10,000 steps a day and I am also involved in a few challenges - squat, plank, etc. Since the weather has warmed up we will start riding our bikes again and walking outside.
  4. I just don't enjoy exercise and I have to force myself to do it. I shoot for 10,000 steps every day but often forget about the challenges.

TSS: 1 year and 2-months/160.5 pounds this morning

I'll be off schedule since I am not working today.

B: leftover quiche

S: PP chocolate shake

L: leftover meatloaf

D: sausage with onion and peppers or meatballs

100+ ounces of water and all vitamins

The picture is of my beautiful but confused Christmas cactus!

Have a great weekend!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

karenp8
on 3/15/19 4:45 am - Brighton, IL

Confused or not--your Christmas cactus is beautiful!

bethmal
on 3/15/19 4:47 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Thanks, Karen! A friend of mine just told me she puts some coffee grounds in hers so I am going to try that this morning after I clean up the coffeepot.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Greateight
on 3/15/19 5:01 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, Janet and all. Our warm day came and went. It reached 64 yesterday and I only wore a sport coat, no jacket to the train. By the train ride home it was cold and windy and I was shivering. Of course then an inbound train came so I had to wait, freezing before the gate was lifted and I could scurry into the waiting car. Today is supposed to be 40, so back to sweaters.

This weekend we need to start getting ready for spring break. I need to find a few pairs of shorts, so there will be a shopping trip involved at some point. At least one of my sons needs a bathing suit so we will need to extract him from the house and get him to try a pair on. The boys favored shopping technique is to not leave the house, ask their mother to pick something out, decide that they don't like what she brings home (usually do to some unfathomable comfort complaint) and ask their mother to bring it back to the store to get something else. Rinse, wash, repeat.

I guess the advantage to this approach is that it saves money because this tries even Marilyn's patience. Unfortunately it does lead to problems when they fall into mud at school and only have one pair of jeans as we saw last week.

I had a nightmare the other night that I ate a bunch of cakes and cookies and forgot that I would dump if I did that. Everybody was sitting around a table eating cakes and all of a sudden I remembered that I had RNY and shouldn't be eating all of these cakes. I don't remember what happened afterwards. I am pretty sure the dream was triggered by the smell of the cookies that Marilyn made that evening.

10 Burpees.

QOTD:

1) Yes, I have been active consistently for the last 6-7 years. I did Crossfit for three years, which i loved, until my gout got to the point where I couldn't do it anymore. Hopefully i can go back shortly. In this time, I never lost more than 4-5 pounds from exercise because as we all know, weight is lost in the kitchen. 2) we had a one month restriction period of walking only and then I was cleared for everything. 3) 5 days a week of cycling, free weights and body weight exercises. 4) I like the stress relief and overall feeling of being healthy. The biggest struggle is the endless winter we are having in Chicago.

Breakfast: Yogurt

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Fish

Snack: almonds'

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, everybody.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 3/15/19 7:28 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Two words: online shopping

I can't even remember the last time I went to a store to get DS anything. He must have been in elementary school. He is a jr in high school now. This way he chooses what he wants and I don't have to waste my time going back and forth.

Your Marilyn must be a saint; getting them lattes in the morning from starbucks, going back and forth trying to get them the right clothing.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 3/15/19 4:55 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

80% saint and 20% hell bent on getting them off to school and making it to tennis. I did learn that she only gets them coffee drinks on the days when they take the time to text in their orders (from upstairs), whereas I was going every morning.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404