Whats on your (Photo) Friday menu, RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 3/15/19 9:33 pm, edited 3/16/19 5:28 am

Hi all,

It's super late but I wanted to say hi and to answer Janet's questions.

1) Before surgery (including as a child, young adult) were you active or athletic?

I was active as a child and young adult but was never very athletic. I was more of an artistic, dreamy kid who loved to read, draw, and play with my dolls than I ever was a sporty type. But I was nevertheless active, as all kids were in that time - we all walked or rode our bikes to school, and I rode my bike everywhere. I played soccer (I really was not good at it, but loved to be Right Wing simply for the poetic pleasure of what that position was called - I found it uplifting, beautiful and angelic). I took ballet lessons. On my own I did love to swim, and went swimming all the time, though I never swam compeitively. My favorite, though, was horseback riding. I loved horses and riding so, so much, and I rode every chance I got. I took lessons throughout my childhood. Still, nobody would have described me as athletic. I just liked to have fun. As a young adult I really loved to dance!

2) When did you start being more active after surgery? Did your surgeon encourage exercise?

It took a while - I wasn't very active for the first couple of months beyond ensuring I averted blood clots. But I worked up to a more dedicated level of walking as time went by and my ability and stamina improved. My surgeon said that it was imperative that we walk at least 30 minutes a day.

3) What kind of activity do you do now and how often?

Life has been nuts for the past while. I walk. I do some other exercises for a tiny waist and trimmer arms. That's it.

4) What motivates you to get out and do it or what do you struggle with most?

Mostly I just feel good physically - strong, bouncy and pleasurably elastic - when I walk regularly, plus the woods and beaches are very beautiful, calming and healing. The other exercises I do for a trimmer shape. They aren't as calming or expansive in the same way at walking is, and they require more internal prodding to do. But they work - at least the waist one does, and I like the effect. I'm ok when on a roll, but if I stop it's easy to stay stopped, then I have to prod again. But I see the difference in my body quickly, which is very motivating.

first: Tea tea tea! I finally found some Tazo Lemon Loaf tea and OMG, you guys, it's like drinking cake! Really good, especially gooped up witw a little cream and syrup. Yum!

B: shrimp

L: Turkey meatloaf

D: same as lunch, with some broccoli

Hope everyone's day was good!

Sheila_H
on 3/15/19 10:13 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I don't like the lemon loaf! I have two boxes I can send your way if you want it. They always have them at my target. I like the vanilla bean and the butter scotch which I couldn't find at stores so I ordered them on Amazon.

I wanna know about your waist slimming exercise. What do you do?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 3/16/19 12:32 pm

That would be great, thank you! I find the others here but this is the first time I've encountered the Lemon Loaf. Xoxox to you, Sheila! I'll PM you the address.

Au_Contraire
on 3/16/19 12:58 pm, edited 3/16/19 6:03 am

1.) Stand with your legs a bit apart. Your feet should be under your shoulders.

2.) Cross your right arm over your chest with your hand on your left clavicle/shoulder, and put your left hand on your right clavicle/shoulder.

3.) Imagine that you are standing between two sheets of glass, one narrowly in front of you and the other just behind you.

4.) Keeping yourself straight between those two sheets of glass, bend over as far as you can at your waist to the right, and as you do so, sweep your right arm out straight, to point at what would be a far corner of the floor. Simultaneously, bring your left arm up to the side by the elbow, so that your elbow points at the ceiling, and is still bent with your wrist and hand ****ed a bit inwards, over (but not touching) your chest.

5.). Reverse move #4 so you are once again standing with your arms crossed and your hands are on your cavicles/shoulders.

6.) repeat this whole process, but this time bend to the left.

This sounds much more complicated than it actually is!

I do 200 reps on each side. If I haven't done it for a while, I start with 100 reps per side, and see a narrowing of my waistline within 2 weeks, maybe even within 1. It is the best exercise I've found for toning my obliques. It does nothing for the abdomen at all, but it is effective (for me anyway!) in whittling my waistline. There does seem to be a limit to how small you can get with this, but it works. I suppose to get tinier without further weight loss, you might have to wear a corset!

Note that I have an hourglass shape. An Apple may not see as pronounced a result, but I don't know for sure.

Greateight
on 3/16/19 8:52 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Its good to see you back. I picture any Cara workout program as involving harps, bells, chanting, incense, leotards and windswept cliffs. The Bronte sisters fitness regimen.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Au_Contraire
on 3/16/19 12:26 pm, edited 3/17/19 3:31 pm

Hah! You've got my number, alright! Thank you for a good laugh!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views