A bad day - Social life after bypass

Cris1976
on 3/17/19 10:14 am

I had not realized how difficult it is about accept that a smaller size helps me and that I have the right to feel self-confident when wearing a clothing. You translated very well the lightness that the change after WLS can represent and that still frightens me, as if I could not live it.

Nanners0828
on 3/19/19 11:15 am
RNY on 04/25/18

Focus on the positive, not the negative. Having gotten off all meds for high BP and Diabetes, I don't need much to keep focused. I have 37 lbs left to go and 102 gone. The goal is in sight and within reach. I can't unwind the years of being obese. I can plan my future and it doesn't have being being obese in it. Find folks to support your efforts and share your "wins", especially if you can't be the only person *****cognizes the success. I am rooting for you. Keep the faith.

Maritopia
on 3/17/19 11:42 am
VSG on 03/01/17

It's ok to have done what you needed to do to live your best life. My BMI was 38 when I had VSG and my only health problem was PCOS, which is not cured by weight loss. It is ok that I used a tool to help me have a body that I love living in. We now both have a higher likelihood of living a healthier, longer life while looking amazing in skirts. That's great!

Height: 5'5" SW: 222 lbs CW: 122 lbs

Cris1976
on 3/17/19 12:27 pm

I think if I had performed VSG I would be feeling less guilty. The effects of RNY on lack of vitamins, use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory makes me very sad.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/17/19 4:42 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Cris, I know you've mentioned seeing a therapist, working on how to accept your new appearance, which may includ compliments or criticism that you haven't encountered before, may help. That's not vanity, that's part of the head stuff that some of us deal with.

I'm single so I don't know exactly how spouses/significant others deal with all this but maybe there is a support group or online community for your hubby? It sounds like he is trying to be very supportive to you but it getting overwhelmed as well!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cris1976
on 3/17/19 4:51 pm

Thanks, Jen. Its hard for him. :-(

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views