What's on your Wednesday menu RNY'ers?

Librarian67
on 3/20/19 4:00 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning all! I'm sitting at my desk with a few minutes to spare, so I'll get us started.

First, Happy Spring to everyone whether or not Mother Nature is cooperating.... For some reason this winter has seemed very long and I am glad that we are having more days that I can be out and exercise and enjoy some sunshine. For those of you in more Northern climes, I hope that the warm weather catches up with you soon.

Yesterday was a long day full of meetings and little time to breathe, but I went home and took my laptop onto the porch and studied and admired my blossoming forsythia bushes. Ahhh...I needed that! I think I need to build some nap time with the cats into my weekend.

QOTD: Have you had unwanted or inappropriate comments or questions about your weight loss and changed body? How do you handle them? Personally, I have been very open about my surgery and my lifestyle changes. I definitely get more "attention" and most days I just smile and say thank you. Occasionally it is really creepy and I do my best to get away as fast as possible. This morning a long time coworker and friend told me that I had the "perfect" body. Part of me was embarrassed and I admit that part of me was also very proud of my hard work. I ended up saying thank you because I knew that she was offering a kind and heartfelt compliment. Just not always sure how to handle it after a lifetime of hiding my body.

Menu:

B: coffee, HB eggs, ?

S: Chomps

L: Subway chicken salad

S: Chomps, apple, protein shake

D: corned beef, salad/baby carrots

E: an hour in the gym with my trainer and maybe a walk at lunch

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 3/20/19 4:26 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Raining here in central Illinois so no walk for Lily and I yet. Hopefully we'll be able to get steps in when the rain lets up plus I'm sure to get a lot at work. Accountability was good with no extra bites and over 12,000 steps. Did not hit my 100 ounces of fluids though so that's today's focus. Weight today 124.6. Heres the food plan B2/3 c earnest eats pro hot cereal L 2/3 c cheesy broccoli soup D1 scrambled egg with sausage patty--breakfast for supper sounds delicious! QOTD I did get attention at first when I lost weight and I just said thank you and went on. Since I've been at this weight 51/2 years now I don't have to worry anymore. Many people I work with now never knew me when I was obese. It seems strange to write that but my life and activities have changed so much for the better I think it's a good thing. Have a great day everyone and make smart and conscious choices!

Emiepie
on 3/20/19 6:38 am
RNY on 08/11/14

We are getting rain today too, welcome Spring!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

supershopper
on 3/20/19 4:27 am

hi all

well, the interview went well and I think it's mine if I want it. it is a part time teacher at the local univ teaching HR exam prep. its only 12 weeks starting in June and the pay is very low considering. BUT a really good opportunity and it would look great on resume also. we will see... I ate well and didn't have issues. I feel puffy and feel like I need to drop a few lbs but haven't stepped on the scale so need to do that tomm. so extra liquids today.

QOTD: early out I would get a LOT of comments about being to thin, some even commented I looked anorexic. I was 118 pounds at 5-6 with extra skin of several pounds. so yes i was underweight but they should not have been making comments. Now I'm a bit bigger and focusing on strength - now I don't get commments other than that I look 'healthy' and 'strong'.

plan for today:

veggie egg sausage loaf

prot pancakes

coffee

water

coffee

water

DH wants wings but they make me gain temporarily so not sure how I feel about that. maybe I can steer him toward hot dogs for him instead.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Emiepie
on 3/20/19 6:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad the interview went well and that you have options.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

NYMom222
on 3/20/19 4:38 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good morning

QOTD: I use to deflect the 'how much have you lost question ' I would either say basically 'alot' or I have decided not to share that.... Recently I had someone say - and they never knew me heavy - Tou look very fit. I liked that compliment.

I got myself in a snafu over a training I need to go to. I hope it works out today... If it works out the way I want I get 5 nights in Manhattan Woop! Door #2 is a 6 hour drive and a weekend in lovely Syracuse, NY.

• Protein coffee, egg white/spinach frittata
  • Turkey on lite rye, apple
  • Chicken and veggies tbd
  • S: cantaloupe, protein, homemade SF granola

EX: gym day

Trainer:: Didn't you notice we have been working on the posterior chain the last 3 weeks?

Cynthia: silence and runs to Google to find out what posterior chain is. Hahaha

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 3/20/19 4:48 am - Brighton, IL

I had to "google" too! Thanks for that new info,Cynthia!

Greateight
on 3/20/19 5:11 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Hope you get Manhattan.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 3/20/19 6:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you get the 5 nights in Manhattan!

CarlRay
on 3/20/19 5:05 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning! I drove in today but I've been walking otherwise. Supposed to rain later and I'm just not interested in that business on the afternoon commute. LOL

Menu is good. Protein bar/banana and a coffee, lunch is a bowl of cottage cheese/tuna/cucumber mixed with salt and pepper, and supper is unknown. Oh and I have a hard boiled egg in my lunch today too if I get to it.

Kalahari waterpark was pretty great with my girls. My youngest is deathly afraid of slides. She isn't a rider. I'm insane and will ride whatever. We hung out together though, and my oldest took her for one afternoon so I could go on the fast stuff. I have a 3/4 wetsuit which kept me warm, and I'm glad I packed it. They say 84 degrees but it's not really close. We had fun going between the pools and lazy river etc. Overall it was really nice and made a lot of memories. I even behaved food-wise, and dropped a couple of pounds.

QOTD: great question. I've had a few comments like I look sick, or I'm losing too much. Oddly enough the comments from those that know I had WLS, are the ones that bother me the most. Taking the easy way out or cheating to get what I want, that sort of thing. I welcome it as an opportunity to school them now, explain the surgery and just how much harder it is than the "traditional" way that fails a lot of people. At first I just shrugged it off. Now I explain it if needed.

I still don't know how to take a compliment though. That's been hard for me after a lifetime of not hearing much of that still leaves me feeling awkward. Every well intentioned comment throws me off a little.

Remember, no matter where you go.......there you are.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics