WLS Representativity on TV

Cris1976
on 3/20/19 8:39 am, edited 3/20/19 11:12 am

Friends,

Do you know movies or tv series with characters with WLS. Someone knows?

I only know reality shows like big looser etc.

More of representativeness and less prejudice on TV over WLS is so important?

Amy R.
on 3/20/19 11:34 pm

I personally don't - I don'****ch TV much.

But I'd think you could google and find some. And I'm pretty sure that if you do a search on youtube you'll also find what you're looking for.

BTW, it's nice to see you have an avatar. I'm glad you decided to stay and I'm really glad you're working through the worries and such. Good for you!

Cris1976
on 3/21/19 6:06 am

Thanks, Ammy :-)

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/21/19 6:05 am

There are shows in USA about morbidly obese people (600 lbs and over) and third 1 year journey to save their life's by having chsnch their eating and having WLS.

Some of the episodes are available on YouTube. There is also a British show on YouTube, "Fat doctor". It can be interesting to watch, though some images are very graphic.

I also remember there used to be channels on YouTube people journaling their WLS process after the surgery. Some were OK, and when I just started, over 11 years ago, they really helped me.

I also read on OH the members personal stories, the blogs, or checked their posting history. It can be interesting if you have the time.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MLC45
on 3/24/19 8:09 am

I don't know of any tv shows except the ones listed, but there are several celebrities that have had some form of weight loss surgery. Singer Carnie Wilson, Today show Weather man Al Roker, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christy, American Idol judge Randy Jackson, Actress Rosanne Barr and Sharon Osborn. I'm sure there are more but those are the only ones that come to mind.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views