What's on your (Monday) Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 3/25/19 4:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning -- hope no one is typing at the same time!

It's going to be a long week, I'm already looking forward to the end of the day on Friday and it's only 5 AM monday!

QOTD - what makes you feel strong? At my heaviest, I always felt grateful for strong legs and decent knees because I could still move through the world. Now, I feel strong from my core -- all the pilates work has helped build a stronger foundation and I can tell the difference when I try something new and am NOT sore for days after!

Menu today:

Coffee + half and half X2, then hot tea

B - carbmaster cin-raisin cottage cheese

L - 4 oz EverRoast Deli Chicken and .5 oz smoked gruyere (I shared the delights of EverRoast with some non-WLS friends and have created new converts!)

D - chicken breast wrapped in bacon, stuffed with cheese

S - L&F frozen

Ex - stretching class tonight

V/F - I've finished my B12 shots so adding the sublingual today, along with the usual multi, proferrin and calcium

Have a great monday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

karenp8
on 3/25/19 4:32 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! I hope Daisy is doing OK--I sure miss her! Quick post today before I have to start getting hubby up for work. QOTD just being able to run up stairs without panting and not mind taking extra steps makes me feel strong. Accountability was good food and stepwise yesterday. Weight today 124.6 Lily and I will take 2 short and 1 long walk today even if I'm tired after work. Heres the food plan B2/3 c earnest eats hot cereal L 2/3 c white chicken chili D 4 oz chicken burgers with provolone cheese S serving pork rinds with 1 T salsa. Have a great day full of amazing conscious choices everyone!

Partlypollyanna
on 3/25/19 1:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I found some earnest eats at the store the other day, I am going to give them a taste this weekend!

Jen

bethmal
on 3/25/19 4:43 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning,

I feel you on the long week. I am eager for DH to get home even though it will be late tonight/early tomorrow. I am tempted to take off but I won't.

QOTD: I was feeling strong when I was in a squat/plank challenge but since they are both over I can feel it. I need to just keep doing them instead of stopping.

TSS: 1 year and 3-months/weight is up to 163

B: PP chocolate shake and a hard-boiled egg

L: adult lunchable with Ever Roast chicken, raw broccoli & tsp. ranch, and blackberries

S: mandarine orange and 1-ounce cheddar cheese

D: something with ground beef

V/F - all vitamins and 120+ ounces

E: I will be taking Max for a walk if it isn't raining after work.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Partlypollyanna
on 3/25/19 1:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Come join us on the burpees...I hate them and they are killing me but slowly making progress!!

Jen

catwoman7
on 3/25/19 5:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Well today is tax day - all day if that's what it takes. I want this done and out of my life before I head off for surgery at the end of the week. So I'll go over to my mother's this morning (my TurboTax Premier is loaded on her computer, since we don't have a computer with a CD/DVD drive at my house), fix some errors and omissions that both I and the software made (for some reason, the software didn't catch all the items on my 1099-DIV forms), and then finish off the amended return. And do the state return. In the middle of this, I need to take my mom to the senior center to have her returns done (I used to do hers until they got too complicated - now she goes to one of those things AARP sponsors - free help for seniors. A lot of the people who do it are retired accountants). I'll be so glad to have all this behind me!! The rest of the week ****il Thursday, when we leave for Chicago) I'll be scurrying around trying to get things done that need to be done before I go - both surgery-related and not. I don't want to worry about having a bunch of crap to do while I'm trying to recover.....

QOTD: I used to feel super strong after I'd been doing weight training for awhile. I could feel a huge difference even after three weeks. However, I haven't done weight training in a long time. I know I need to take it up again, but it seemed sort of silly to take it up right before plastic surgery, since I probably won't be able to exercise (other than walking) for several weeks. So maybe once I'm cleared for exercise I'll start up again. I know I need it!

Accountability good yesterday after a horrendous two days. Weight is actually OK, surprisingly...

3 years 9 months out:

B: three small protein pumpkin pancakes topped with plain Greek yogurt and homemade apple/cinnamon compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: I'll be at Mom's all day. I'll take a protein bar in case she doesn't have anything safe to eat

AS: light yogurt or whipped cottage cheese

D: sirloin steak or leftover chicken with walnut sauce

have a great day, all!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

NYMom222
on 3/25/19 10:59 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Do strength training anyway. Being as strong as you can going into surgery helps. I thanked God I was strong when I had to try and get up or move myself without disturbing surgery body parts....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Partlypollyanna
on 3/25/19 1:06 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good luck with everything you have to get done before surgery! It will nice to go into that with your to do list done!

Jen

NYMom222
on 3/25/19 5:48 am, edited 3/24/19 10:54 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Morning!

QOTD: I always say one of my greatest NSV is being able to run up the stairs of my house and not having to think about it. When I was MO I came down in the morning and went up at night...rarely took an extra trip. This morning I woke up and felt like going for a run and could do it. More of a run/walk. But still... Being able makes me feel strong. Yesterday my trainer had 100 50# barbell squats on my workout. 100! First thought? damn he's crazy. But you know what? I can do that.

Don't really have the day planned, but have my meal prep going in the fridge so here it goes:

• protein pudding
  • oven spinach frittata/lite rye toast
  • thai chicken and veggies w/peanut sauce (this was amazing)
  • fish, veg TBD and salad
  • S: protein, greek yogurt, nuts

Salad dressing/sauce tip: I have been making my own fat free salad dressings and sauces lately using this method. I figure this way I can either keep it really low cal, or if I want the fat, I can actually measure the olive oil and drizzle it on too. Whatever oil is called for in the recipe replace with water and a pinch or 1/4 or 1/2 tsp xantham gum. Then blend it. I use a stick blender, but you can put in regular blender. Just a few seconds. The water ratio is not an exact science, you have to play with the amounts to get the right taste.

You find Bob's red mill xantham gum is the natural foods section. It is expensive but lasts forever as you use so little. Use less and then add more if the consistency isn't creamy enough.

I recently made a lemon juice/white balsamic/dijon mustard dressing that came out really good. plus spices.
The peanut sauce was approximately equal parts lite soy sauce and water (I think 1/4c but don't exactly remember, ended up with a cup of sauce) 6 TBSP peanut powder/PB2, 1 tsp sesame oil, dash siracha, TBSP rice vinegar, and SF maple syrup drizzled in.

EX: ran/walked a mile in the neighborhood already. Not sure what else today.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Partlypollyanna
on 3/25/19 1:08 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

100 50lbs squats would make me cry! Your dedication and advancement in fitness are inspiring!! (And I get what you mean about the stairs - when I had my condo, i left/came back 1 time a day and that was it).

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?