Feeling anxious, please help.

GirNNJ
on 3/27/19 10:53 am - NJ

Had revision to Gastric Bypass on 1/23. Been slowly losing. Last time I saw surgeon (March 4) he was happy with my 30 lb weight loss. I just weighed myself and I am up 2 lbs from last week. I don't want to "fail" like I did with the Sleeve (I had major trama 6 months after that surgery). Is this "normal" after this surgery? Could I be lacking enough protein? Any and all advice is welcomed. I am focused on being successful this time hence the anxiety that is creeping up in me. Thank you all!!!

Karen Renee
on 3/27/19 11:02 am - Winter Park, FL

First and for most don't panic, I have gained some too, make sure you aren't getting any "hidden" carbs. Are you drinking plenty, count your protein I believe at least 60 g per day. Please feel free to contact me anytime. Take it slow, all will be OK you are in control of this! Maybe you can write your daily intake of protein and carbs down for a few days. 2 pounds is not a failure. You may even be holding some water weight. Take Care and be in touch anytime. Karen

GirNNJ
on 3/27/19 11:06 am - NJ

Karen, thank you so much for responding. After reading your response, I cried! I am an emotional wreck I guess! LOL I would love to have a support person and will definitely contact you. Bless you!

GirNNJ
on 3/27/19 11:13 am - NJ

Karen, thank you so much for responding. After reading your response, I cried! I am an emotional wreck I guess! LOL I would love to have a support person and will definitely contact you. Bless you!

Karen Renee
on 3/27/19 11:11 am - Winter Park, FL

I'd be delighted if you would be my friend!

Willie H.
on 4/5/19 7:43 am
VSG on 08/26/14

"to TRULY to gain one pound, you need to consume 3500 calories above your base metabolic rate'. Is this true after WLS? For now I can gain weight on 1400 calories a week.

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

momyshaver
on 4/6/19 3:53 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I am seeking some OH members who are further out to add to my OH friend list/support team. I sent you a friend request also, to consider. You seem like you have a lot to offer in experience and friendly and encouraging and have the time/wisdom to back it up!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/27/19 2:48 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

During the course of your WLS journey, your weight will bounce around ALL over the place! The most important thing to track is the overall "big picture" trend. I think the OH weight tracker will show you a graph of your progress over time; that line may have lots of little hiccups along the way, but overall, it should be sloping down.

All sorts of things can affect your weight from day-to-day. How hydrated you are, how much you've exercised lately, your phase of the menstrual cycle (if you have periods), all sorts of things. It's entirely possible that you just happened to weigh in for the week on a day when your body was hanging onto more water, or something like that.

Remember, to TRULY gain one pound, you need to consume 3500 calories above your base metabolic rate. Three months after revision, I suspect that's not even a possibility for you right now!

I would suggest not worrying about it for the moment. If your weight increases for three or four weeks in a row, then yes, it's worth taking a look at things, but I suspect it's what we statistics nerds call "a bit of noise" in your data :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GirNNJ
on 3/27/19 7:28 pm - NJ

Thank you so much for your advice and support. I really needed it today!!! I think I will figure out the "ticker" and do what you said. I do need to increase my water. I just seem to forget to drink!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/27/19 7:44 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Have you tried different flavors recently? I have a hard time with plain water, but I'm much more likely to get my fluid in if I have a bit pitcher of SF lemonade or iced tea in the fridge :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views
Forum Search Error & 404