buyers remorse.

misstanisa
on 3/30/19 8:40 am

did any of you experience buyers remorse after surgery? i am only 4 days post-op and i am starting to feel helpless due to the pain/knotted feeling i am experienceing from my new stomach.

fyi - i have had some diarrhea, but i haven't really passed any gas yet. i have tried to increase my walking, but all i want to do is sit down or lay down. i can keep fluids down, but the only thing i seem to crave is popsicles. the foamies in my mouth are killing me. anything i taste seems to stay in my mouth because of them. i hate it!

i'm just ready to get past these next few weeks. i want to feel like myself again.

please send positive thoughts my way! ?

peachpie
on 3/30/19 9:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

4 days out buyers remorse is absolutely normal. Totally. Completely. Normal. So much is going on- you are trying to understand a new anatomy, nourish your body in an unfamiliar way, deal with residual pain and cope with it all without food.

Hydrate ans walk. I don't care if you just go back and fourth in the hallway- force yourself to walk. And add a bit of distance each time. Drink, drink drink. If constipation eventually hits you'll long for the diarrhea days.

Stop eating in response to cravings- no good can come from that. You will eventually crave things that you shouldn't have. Fuel your body to heal. Protein, water, supplemanrts etc.

it gets better- and it's so worth it.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

misstanisa
on 3/30/19 9:04 am

thank you for that!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/1/19 4:13 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Everything that Peach said, exactly.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Cris1976
on 3/30/19 9:09 am

Fource.

I'm an outline in aceptation process.

newday1978
on 3/30/19 11:49 am
RNY on 03/12/19

I am less than a month out and if you look you will see I posted about regretting the surgery right after. I was in pain and so uncomfortable. Just know by a week out I was so much better and it will get better every day. My advice to you would be drink, drink and drink and walk as much as you can it will help with the gas as will over the counter gas meds.

You are on an amazing journey and you will so get over the buyers remorse. I am so happy I had my surgery now and cant wait to see how much better my life is going to get. You will get here to honest and we are all here to help you on this new path.

misstanisa
on 3/30/19 12:28 pm

thank you.

GirNNJ
on 3/30/19 12:07 pm - NJ

Take it day by day. That is how I did it in the beginning. It's so hard to see "down the road" when you are experiencing pain, gas, and anything else that happens. At the end of one day, tell yourself "I did it!". The days will turn into weeks and before you know it, you'll be into months and you'll have lost a bunch of weight. When that happens, you are going to feel so good about yourself!! Try to stay positive, keep drinking your water and be aware of what you eat/drink. Protein is always first!! You WILL get through this and you will succeed!!! Wishing you all the best!!!

misstanisa
on 3/30/19 12:29 pm

thank you.

MLC45
on 3/30/19 1:20 pm

It's been almost 19 years since my surgery, but I still remember being a few days post-op and thinking I had paid someone to mutilate my body. Like others have said, this is a normal feeling and as you start feeling better it will pass. Then as the months go by and you see more and more weight coming off you'll be so grateful you had it done. In my opinion, the few people *****gret having surgery even after the weight is off and the health is better, typically have other emotional issues that prevent them from being a "glass half full" kind of person. Keep looking forward. The good days are right around the corner.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics