gas pain.

misstanisa
on 3/31/19 6:41 pm

hello, it's me again.

i have a question about gas pain. i recently started to experience horrible pain due to the gas in my stomach. it has gotten to the point that it is making my chest and back hurt. i am trying to walk through the pain, but the last hour i have sat down to put a heating pad on my stomach.

before this occurred, i actually was feeling good. but now i'm almost to the point where i want to call the nurses after hours line.

thank you guys for the support on my first post!

Cris1976
on 3/31/19 7:21 pm, edited 3/31/19 12:21 pm
Amy R.
on 3/31/19 8:00 pm

walking will help you. sitting or laying is our instinct when we have pain, but in the case of surgery postops the best thing you can do and the thing that will help the fastest is to walk. You can hold the heating pad up to your tummy if you want to but walk.

if you feel like this is something more than just gas, go ahead and call your nurse. They may want you to come in and you wont' know until you've spoken with them. You wouldn't think that gas pain could be so severe, but believe me it can.

good luck. keep us posted if you're up to it.

misstanisa
on 3/31/19 8:23 pm

thank you, amy.

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/19 1:33 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

I was terrified of the gas pain so can totally relate. Walking 5 minutes every hour (when you're not napping) helped me and within 2 days the pain was gone. I know it's very painful and scary but it's temporary. Try to hang in there and good luck.

dreamer1234
on 4/2/19 5:35 pm

i do understand about the gas pain as i had alot of problems with it too. will your dr. let you take gasX? this is over the counter stuff that is in a gel cap. i have had good luck with it. one of the things that my surgeon lets me take is chewable papaya enzyme. that seems to calm my stomach down alot. i am 7 months post op and have a bad habit of snacking on cucumbers and green peppers. this gives me gas from hell! don't try it. good luck

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics