Probably a Not Bright Question

kairosgrammy
on 4/5/19 1:11 pm
RNY on 10/17/17

Being an old lady, I'm not always computer savvy. So I have 2 questions.

Question 1: I want to put my Stats, surgeon info etc in my signature block thing. I have the ticker but can't figure out how to do the rest. Can someone explain how to do it? I know it must be easy but ding doing can't figure it out.

Question 2: Sometimes I'll put something in a reply and it will look perfectly fine and other times, letters will be all capped like I'm yelling out question marks like I might be cussing. I'll go back to edit but then it's fine. Exit out and there are the question marks and caps. Annoying and somewhat embarrasing. It has to be something I'm doing but for the life of me, can't figure it out

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

Amy R.
on 4/5/19 1:35 pm

I have problems figuring out how to do stuff here too and I've been a member for quite awhile, so know you aren't the only one.

As far as surgeon and date: Try going to the little wheel icon at the upper right corner of whatever page you're on. (You'll see your name, an envelope, a bell, the little wheel and lastly a big pink plus sign). Under the wheel icon should be an option for medical history. Click that and you should have a screen where you can input your surgery type and your doc's name.

On the caps and the question marks: No idea why you're getting caps but I do know that the question marks are some kind of glitch. Certain devices put them into the post instead of quotation marks. It appears to be something that can't be changed. I've no idea about the caps, so I'm hopeful you'll here from others.

Good Luck, navigating the whole OH forum can be tricky even for those who've been around a while.

kairosgrammy
on 4/5/19 2:35 pm, edited 4/5/19 7:36 am
RNY on 10/17/17
On April 5, 2019 at 8:35 PM Pacific Time, Amy R. wrote:

I have problems figuring out how to do stuff here too and I've been a member for quite awhile, so know you aren't the only one.

As far as surgeon and date: Try going to the little wheel icon at the upper right corner of whatever page you're on. (You'll see your name, an envelope, a bell, the little wheel and lastly a big pink plus sign). Under the wheel icon should be an option for medical history. Click that and you should have a screen where you can input your surgery type and your doc's name.

On the caps and the question marks: No idea why you're getting caps but I do know that the question marks are some kind of glitch. Certain devices put them into the post instead of quotation marks. It appears to be something that can't be changed. I've no idea about the caps, so I'm hopeful you'll here from others.

Good Luck, navigating the whole OH forum can be tricky even for those who've been around a while.

Thank you for your help. I already had the info listed. I may have figured it out, accidentally. We'll see. I think your right about the other stuff being glitches. I've noticed it in the OH newsletter before and then I was looking at another thread and saw someone else with weirdly placed question marks. That made me feel better, at least it isn't me not knowing what I'm doing. I always think, someone is going to think I'm cussing. Not saying I've never cussed, I spent 6 years in the Army and you learn a variety of things that aren't the most appealing things to learn. I don't care to do it, myself though and certainly not on the internet for sure.

Edited to add: No I didn't figure out the signature. Will keep trying.

Amy R.
on 4/5/19 6:36 pm, edited 4/5/19 11:37 am

I'm sorry, I think I misread your post from the beginning.

To get to your signature block, click on the wheel/cog, then select "Settings." Then "Message Board". It should bring up your options for a signature block right there.

:crossing fingers: if that doesn't work let me know and we can try again. I'm curious now myself.

edited to fix confusion

kairosgrammy
on 4/6/19 8:19 am
RNY on 10/17/17

Thank you so much. I think I've got it!!!

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

Rene R.
on 4/8/19 11:23 am

I am real new to the site and having issues.

kairosgrammy
on 4/8/19 3:52 pm
RNY on 10/17/17
On April 8, 2019 at 6:23 PM Pacific Time, steverohe81 wrote:

I am real new to the site and having issues.

Know what that's like. But if you do, post a question like I did and some smarter and more knowledgeable will definitely help.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 520 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 259 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics