Has anyone tried the Peaches and Cream Premier Ptotein??

Maddymoe2
on 4/10/19 8:30 am
RNY on 11/22/16

I was at Costco over the weekend and saw the premier protein peaches and cream flavor. Just wanted to know what people thought, is it good?? I like cold and fruity things, especially with summer around the corner. Hoping this may be an option.

ScaleSkater
on 4/10/19 9:12 am

I found it a little sweet compared to the choc and vanilla (for my taste). Are you still drinking a lot of shakes? I stopped buying bulk protein because I only use it occasionally. I was throwing away over half a case... You can pick up a 4 pack to try at Walmart. I actually liked the cookies and cream better than the peach - again, preference. I also don't drink a ton of Premier because it's not an optimized protein for RNY (first preferred is Whey isolate and premier isn't that)

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Maddymoe2
on 4/10/19 9:42 am
RNY on 11/22/16

I am not drinking a lot of shakes. I like to have them on hand for emergencies. The peaches and cream just sounded refreshing. I get what you mean by things to sweet. I can't even drink crystal light. I find it way too sweet.

ScaleSkater
on 4/10/19 11:22 am

I also keep them around for those times I want to add some protein to oatmeal or make protein cereal (Quest cookie recipe from Eggface - chopped up into small pieces mixed with nuts). I'll use the Premier to wet the oatmeal or faux cereal. Only occasionally. I also will keep them in a cooler on long trips. So don't get me wrong, I have lots of stuff in my cubbie. Actually, as an FYI, Walmart's Equate brand is very similar and a little cheaper. I think they even offer a Peach if I'm not mistaken (though I tend to stick with Vanilla, due to being a little less sweet).

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

kairosgrammy
on 4/10/19 3:05 pm
RNY on 10/17/17
On April 10, 2019 at 4:12 PM Pacific Time, ScaleSkater wrote:

I found it a little sweet compared to the choc and vanilla (for my taste). Are you still drinking a lot of shakes? I stopped buying bulk protein because I only use it occasionally. I was throwing away over half a case... You can pick up a 4 pack to try at Walmart. I actually liked the cookies and cream better than the peach - again, preference. I also don't drink a ton of Premier because it's not an optimized protein for RNY (first preferred is Whey isolate and premier isn't that)

I've tried all the premier shakes, love caramel, vanilla and cookies & cream (that order best to good and buy all the time), can't stand the strawberries and cream cuz it tastes nothing like strawberry at all and just tastes funky to me. Bananas and Cream and chocolate are okay but I really don't buy them at all. I liked the peaches and cream more than the bananas & cream and chocolate, it actually does have a peachy taste to me.

That being said, I like using my premier protein to make iced coffee drinks and I just can't imagine peach with coffee but it might be good cuz I do like chocolate raspberry and coffee. LOL, I might try that cuz I do have some peaches and cream.

I really never drink the premier protein shakes anymore by themselves although I did the first couple of months post surgery. Also, I have a problem with fruity drinks anyway because the 1st time I dumped it was over fruit. There were other things involved but my smoothie apparently went over my sugar limit when I put 1/2 cup of strawberries in. I now associate fruit with dumping although I have found I'll eat apples and grapes. I know I need to get over the fruit/dumping association but not so far and I'm almost 18 months out and I dumped on the strawberry smoothie about 2 weeks out.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

kairosgrammy
on 4/10/19 7:13 pm
RNY on 10/17/17

Just letting you know I'm a little goofy. I quoted your post instead of MaddyMoe's. You probably saw this and rolled your eyes. Sorry.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

artchikk
on 4/10/19 9:46 am
RNY on 02/12/18

I think it reminds me of peach ice cream or peach yogurt, which I am not really a huge fan of, but my DH really likes them...if you like peach flavored dairy products you should enjoy these...I would probably start with the 4 pack though.
I had bought a whole 18 pack and they sat in my pantry for a month before my DH had his surgery and ended up drinking them.

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

kairosgrammy
on 4/10/19 3:09 pm
RNY on 10/17/17

I bought a 12 pack and probably have half of them left. I don't drink premier protein by itself anymore, I kinda quit that a few months post surgery and really don't know why. I actually did like the peachy ones. I drink caramel, vanilla and cookies & cream with coffee as iced coffee and love it that way (right now, mostly decaf).

daniellemosesny
on 4/10/19 11:25 am
RNY on 05/22/19

It is my FAVORITE flavor!

It is sold out locally at my Sam's Club. I wish they would get it back sooner rather than later.

You can also purchase a 4 pack at Walmart if you want to do that before purchasing in bulk.

kairosgrammy
on 4/10/19 3:11 pm
RNY on 10/17/17

Don't hold your breath on the peaches & cream if it takes as long as the caramel and cookies & cream to reappear. I haven't seen the peaches & cream even at my Walmart.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 211 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics