What's on your Monday menu, RNYers?

Librarian67
on 4/15/19 4:03 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! I'm working from home again today, so I'll get things started again.

How was your weekend? Mine was busy and I certainly didn't get everything done that I wanted or needed to...argh!I did complete 2 chapters for my trainer cert, which was REALLY important, but I didn't get the house vacuumed and it feels like a pig sty! I don't deal well with dirt and clutter when I'm trying to function. I really want to take my cert exam between the middle and end of May though so study has to stay the top priority!

We also had some tornado alerts last evening and night with heavy rain storms during the night. No real damage so I'm feeling grateful. Some of you have had blizzards though so I'm not complaining!

QOTD: Do you celebrate spring holidays? Easter, Passover, Vernal Equinox? Do you have specific traditions, foods, decorations that you enjoy? I grew up celebrating Easter and I still like alot of the traditions of Spring. I love to color eggs, put up colorful decorations of chicks and bunnies and I'll be visiting my family the Saturday after Easter to eat ham. I also like to make Easter/gift baskets and to give spring flowers.

Menu:

B: COFFEE! and some ham soon

S: turkey breast

L: steak salad

S: Chomps

D: cottage cheese w/ berries & slivered almonds

E: gym class this evening

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 4/15/19 4:17 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post today as I'm running behind. QOTD we go to Easter service at church and to the inlaws for dinner after. Accountability foodwise was great yesterday but 10,000 steps didn't happen because we had rain most of the day. Today is betterand Lily and I will do 3 short and 1 long walk to get steps in. Weight today 123.8. Heres todays food B 2/3 c earnest eats hot cereal L 4 oz deli meat and cheeseD 4 oz pork loin S yogurt and string cheese at work break. Have a great day and make amazing choices friends!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/15/19 4:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The weekend was good but quiet. We went to the pool both days and didn't do much otherwise. Today is SILs last day here so we will be doing some shopping and meals out at places on the water.

QOTD: We celebrate Easter but it is pretty low-key. If BIL weren't going to be here (he arrives on Easter), we might not celebrate it at all but I will be cooking a small ham, asparagus, and making some kind of potatoes for them (I will skip them).

Accountability: Fairly good on day 14 of being on the meal plan wagon, though I had an unplanned protein bar to combat some late day hunger.

3 year post-op - post maintenance, trying to lose regain.

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Sushi or shrimp

D: Fish of some sort (out to eat)

S: cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 4/15/19 6:11 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Easter dinner sounds yummy!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 4/15/19 4:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

This is going to be a super busy week, but that's fine - I've had enough lying around the last couple of weeks to last me a YEAR! (although I kind of had to for a chunk of it since I was recovering from surgery). I'm one of those people who goes bananas if I'm trapped in my house for more than a day or two! Today I have my Russian history class, then I have to meet with the project manager (for our screened porch) and the window place to pick out a French door and its accessories (like knobs) (I have to decide on which model of door, too - I HATE making these decisions!!!). Then we have this banquet thing we're going to tonight.

QOTD: we're not religious so we don't really celebrate any religious holidays except for Christmas (and that's mostly because we have family in town and they all get into the gift-giving, etc - plus, it's fun!). So, no - no real traditions. In fact, I'm having a girls' weekend away next weekend - although I should be back in time for dinner on Sunday if my mom or sister decides to make an Easter dinner.

Accountability: fine yesterday, although my weight is still up. Not sure what's going on. Some of it may be the swelling, but maybe not all - I'll try to be really careful this week because I don't want this to be a trend.

3 years 10 months out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: whipped and sweetened cottage cheese with raspberries

AS: light yogurt or a couple of protein powder/peanut butter balls

D: chicken breast and vegetables (they're also have roasted potatoes and dessert at this banquet - but I'll give those to DH)

have a great day, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 4/15/19 4:59 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody. The flowers on our Magnolia tree are covered in snow. I do think that it is going to melt in the next day or so, and hopefully we will be able to enjoy the flowering snow-free while the tree is still in bloom.

Friday night I went shopping and picked out this pretty blue and green tie and a few other things. I didn't really look at the tag/didn't have my reading glasses with me, so when I got to the register I was, um, surprised. It turns out that the pretty blue and green tie was Kiton. Viva L'Italia! right, Sheila?

Anyways, faced with the choice between admitting to the cashier that I was an oldster who couldn't read a price tag right in front of his face without his readers, or enduring a little bit of pain at the checkout line, I of course chose the vanity option. Hopefully the tie will bring me luck.

Speaking of pain, tonight is Filthy Fifty, ugh. At least I will get in my 41 Burpees without having to make any extra effort.

QOTD: My daughter is coming home from college, so we will have all three kids home for the first time since the day after Christmas. We are going to brunch at Hugo's Frog Bar which is a seafood place in a Chicago suburb.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein Bar

Lunch: Catered work lunch, likely chicken

Snack: Light and Fit

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Librarian67
on 4/15/19 6:15 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Getting old isn't for the faint of heart, eh? I think we're the same age and even with my bi/trifocals, I often find that I have my glasses on top of my head or my head sideways!

Also glad that you will have everyone home.

AND pics of the $$$ tie! Sheila needs to review it!

Sheila_H
on 4/15/19 6:44 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

A Kiton tie is for ever! As their motto says " ll meglio del meglio più uno"...you will enjoy the tie for years to come. Price is irrelevant when it comes to Italian craftsmanship.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 4/15/19 10:43 am, edited 4/15/19 3:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I just googled those ties. GOOD LORD. That is a lot of money for a tie! You'll have to leave it to one of your kids in your will!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

momyshaver
on 4/15/19 5:23 am
VSG on 06/28/17

QOTD - we don't really celebrate anything meaningful although commercially at times have done baskets. We have woven in some aspects of Passover and of all holy days I feel it means the most to us as a family although we certainly aren't as adherent to it as we probably should be. Since bariatric surgery I haven't been able to tolerate pork at all, especially ham. Lamb is pricey but if I had the choice and I was planning a formal dinner I would choose that.

Accountability - not eating as I should really or exercising. I just haven't been feeling well.

My days tend to start with coffee and a protein shake but from there... days tend to get away from me. I try to get ideas from these daily threads TBH. I have been eating minute oats due to craving them very badly. I sweeten with splenda. I also eat light and fit greek yogurts and nuts. I have been craving cashews but I have all sorts of nuts. My weight is up a bit but it may be due to swelling. I really need healthy weight gain but I find it hard to eat during the day and then eating at night which is NOT a habit I want to allow to grow.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 201 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?