What's on your Thursday menu RNY'ers?

Librarian67
on 4/18/19 3:56 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! Another busy day but I NEED to log in and first thing is better, before the day goes to sh&*! LOL!

QOTD: A question for everyone about vitamins. I hope everyone takes their vitamins daily and keeps up with labs to be sure everything is in a healthy range. About a year ago, I switched from oral vitamins to patchs (PatchMD). They are a bit more $$ but WAY more convenient. The problem is that my levels didn't seem to be staying up, so I've switched back to oral pills. Wondering what you use, particularly what type & brand of multi & iron you use.

Acountability: the nasty ogre sugar is creeping back. I again pledge to be donut & muffin free today.

Menu:

B: coffee, 2 HB eggs

S: Chomps

L: chicken breast

S: turkey breast, blueberries

D: something from the Whole Foods salad bar

S: cottage cheese, raspberries, slivered almonds

E: hopefully I can carve out some time for a lunchtime run.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 4/18/19 4:18 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Got busy and didn't get a chance to post yesterday so I'll do a quickie first thing today. QOTD Walmart brand multis and Vitron C for iron with extra vitamin C as well. Accountability-sugar fiend here too-two unneeded cookies. No snacks today as we'll most likely have too much lunch--church members bring it--and then dinner out. I will do my best to rein it in and make good choices. Exercise most likely will be short walks here and the walking path at the park if the rain stops. Hiking trail will be too wet for one last time as its been raining all night. Heading home tomorrow after I do laundry--I hate going home with dirty clothes. We'll be there 2 weeks and then we head out again. Weight today 124.4 and heres the food B protein pancake with 1 T no sugar syrup L protein only D 4 oz of some type of meat. I know very vague but not sure what choices there will be. Have a great day full of smart choices!

Librarian67
on 4/18/19 3:26 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

I hear you about going home with dirty clothes. It drives me nuts! Kisses to Lily and I'm sure she will like being back home for a bit!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/18/19 4:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning - I didn't get to post yesterday either. No great excuses though I did go to an Alzheimer's caregiver support meeting in the afternoon. I had to get myself cleaned up and DH fed after I walked and before I went so I didn't have a lot of excess time in the am.

QOTD: I use Celebrate Multi Complete 45 (and calcium chews). I'm too lazy to figure out what to buy to equal that in a cheaper way. I used to use the comparable Bariatric Advantage vitamins, but they are more expensive and they kept messing up delivery (kept sending them to Florida even though I had changed the mailing address on their site).

Accountability: Not great and I paid for it with a complaining tummy

3 year post-op - post maintenance, trying to lose regain.

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Egg casserole

D: grilled chicken and veggies

S: cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 4/18/19 3:34 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Liz, I looked up the Celebrate multis and the totals are for 3 tablets. I've always been told to take twice as much multi. Does that mean that you take 6 or just 3? Most of the values are higher than most other multis though.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/18/19 4:49 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I take 3 as they are specifically for Bariatric patients. I was told to double regular multivitamins.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 4/18/19 6:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin all!

Back in Chicago- I'm starting to feel like I live here! PS post-op appt later this morning, then?? I'm with a friend this time. She knows a lot of the middle eastern restaurants around here, so we went to a Lebanese place last night. It was great, but we split a vegetarian platter as our appetizer and I was so stuffed afterward that when my entree came, i had them pack the whole thing up. So, that'll be lunch or dinner today... went over on calories for the day, but it would have been a lot worse had i not taken that entree to go...

QOTD: CVS generic equivalent of centrum silver, Sundown carbonyl (discontinued product, unfortunately. I bought up every last bottle I could find on Ebay and Amazon several months ago)

3 years 10 months out

B. Yogurt and fruit, maybe a tablespoon of chopped nuts, coffee with half and half

Ms. Protein shake

L. Probably leftover middle eastern food

As. Protein shake

D. Same as lunch

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

NYMom222
on 4/18/19 6:31 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Morning!

Having a busy week and spending a lot of time with my family. My sister is here from Arizona.

I may have all the part-time jobs for the moment to tide things over since a full time one hasn't materialized.... we will see if I can balance it all. I have been having discussions with bariatric office about being hired for them for at least 6-7 months. I have gotten very friendly with the surgeon's wife - who works in the office. She takes care of the mental health piece... and my background is in Mental Health. Last week I told her of the several things I am doing included probably taking a job at GNC, ...she was horrified that as a professional I would do that. 2 days later I got an email from the office asking for my bio and resume. Supposedly she is looking at it today. So say a prayer, think a good thought. We are talking part time doing some kind of counseling.

This Tuesday I am doing a presentation at the WLS group. I have to do my Powerpoint. We always talk about how this is a marathon and not a sprint, so that is going to be my analogy. I did a presentation last October for Mental health Awareness week and they asked me to do another one.

QOTD: I use patches for several years with no problems. My thiamine did get low, but my bariatric office now recommends everyone take a separate thiamine anyway. I do need to get my labs checked because I had stopped the separate thiamine....and just in general need to check. I try at have bloodwork at least 2x a year.Plus need to check my ferritin. Celebrate are good vitamins.

• protein coffee
  • spinach egg white frittata, lite rye bread
  • overnight oats (pre-workout)
  • Salad w/shrimp
  • Chicken and veggies dinner TBD
  • S: Protein, cantelope, cottage cheese

Ex: Gym day. I have determined since I spent my week in NYC and the trainer knows I had a little too much fun in the food department, he is determined to kill me... LOLOL

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Patty R.
on 4/18/19 6:50 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Fingers crossed!!

Emiepie
on 4/18/19 7:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh wow! Sounds exciting- prayers being sent your way.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 27 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?