Whats on your (Photo) Friday menu, RNYers?

Librarian67
on 4/19/19 3:44 am
RNY on 02/28/17

We've made it to Friday folks! Yippee! Hoping you have great plans for the weekend, whether fun or rest, but that it's wonderful! Also chag sameach and Happy Easter to all who are celebrating over the next few days.

I have a busy day tomorrow starting with an early morning session with my therapist (my safe place to scream and kvetch) then I drive to meet my trainer to observe some cyber sessions, followed by both of us taking the CPR/AED class. And once that's done, there are lots of errands to run. While Sunday is the holiday, we don't have plans until next weekend with family, so it'll just be a run to TJ's (I think they're open regular hours...) and some hard core study time for the cert.

QOTD: First, thanks to everyone for their vitamin info yesterday. I'm going to check out the vitamins at TJs this weekend and may get some Celebrate multis.

It's been a while since we focused on what we are grateful for. It is easy to get bogged down in what isn't working and feeling frustrated but I learned a long time ago that having an attitude of gratitude can get you through alot. What is one thing that you are particularly grateful for today? It can be WLS focused or just something that means alot to you today.

I'm so grateful for the strength that I have in my body now. I've spent almost all of my life being sick, tired and avoiding moving my body. It is so different now feeling capable of movement and more confident in being able to take on a challenge in the physical world.

Accountability: OK, no donuts or muffins, but there were 2 Hershey kisses and 4 bites of cornbread. I really do love cornbread.

Menu:

B: workin' on coffee, soon to be followed by 2 egg-white veggie muffins

S: turkey breast

L: Cottage cheese w/ berries & slivered almonds

D: ? no clue but hopefully some fish

E: An hour in the gym lifting heavy (I'm loving it!)

No new pics but here are 2 pics of me being active:

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Patty R.
on 4/19/19 5:28 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Good morning all! Janet, you are an inspiration!

Busy weekend for me with family gatherings for Easter.

QOTD:I am SO grateful for my family. I am lucky enough to have both my 80 something parents, 2 sisters and 2 brothers and my 2 sons. We are all there for each other; whenever for whatever! I am also grateful for every pound lost, each one means I'm healthier and will be around a little longer.

Time out: 2 years 7 months

B: COFFEE , turkey taco meat w/salsa

L: grilled chicken on sm. salad

D: Bun-less cheese burger, tomato and onion slices

S homemade yogurt and ricotta, no added sugar superfruit spread

The loves of my life ( 5 years ago )

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Maddymoe2
on 4/19/19 5:42 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone, Happy Good Friday! The weather was in the 70's yesterday. I pulled the patio cushions out of the attic and we ate dinner outside last night. I love Spring!

I am headed into town with my daughter this morning. She has another interview today. She passed the INCLEX Wednesday and is officially an RN. She has one official job offer as a dialysis nurse but doesn't think she is going to accept it.

Janet, that darn cornbread!!. I saw at Trader Joes that they have cornbread crisps, literally cornbread and chips combined, pure evil!! I don't even go down the chips aisle.

QOTD- I like being able to bend over and tie my shoes while breathing!

Accountability- Good!

Food for today-

Protein pancakes with WF syrup

Not sure on lunch since we will be out, possibly chicken burrito bowl at Quodoba

Grilled halibut and asparagus

Just 2 yogurt

I had a low blood sugar episode the other day. I had never really experienced that before post WLS. What do you do?? I just felt dizzy, started to sweat and just felt weird. I ate some ham and a spoon full of peanut butter, a weird combo I know. I didn't have anything sugary in the house and I didn't want to get into the weird cycle of low/high blood sugars. I think I just waited too long to eat.

catwoman7
on 4/19/19 5:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've had problems with that. My PCP told me to eat protein every 3-4 hours. Or if I eat a carb, be sure to eat protein with it (e.g., apple slices with peanut butter). It does work - I rarely have those episodes anymore.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 4/19/19 7:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

For my low BS issues, I keep the small packages of peanut butter sandwich crackers on hand.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 4/19/19 7:32 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Congrats to your DD. I'm sure now as an RN job offers will start coming. You keep hearing we have a shortage of medical staff at the hospitals.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 4/19/19 8:07 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Those cornbread chips at TJ's are so good - I mean, they are pure evil!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

catwoman7
on 4/19/19 5:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I'm home again. The surgeon thought I looked great and wasn't concerned at all about my arms (I'd been a little worried because I'd read arms often don't scar up as nicely as other body parts, and mine seem a little more "ropey" than my other scars, but he said no - mine should scar up "beautifully". He said I'm seeing/feeling now is mostly just swelling. So...OK). It rained off & on all day so my friend and I didn't walk around afterward - instead we took the car and stopped at some really great ethnic grocery stores and a spice store. I bought a lot of stuff I don't really need - like six mangoes. I'm never going to be able to eat all of those - but at least I should be able to cut them up and freeze them!

Today I'm presenting to a WLS post-op group, then I have lunch with my film discussion group. Tonight we're going to a Palestinian Culture Night at the university, whi*****ludes dinner. I was super backed up yesterday (too much fiber lately, I'm guessing - I'm going to have to lay off it since my body doesn't seem to be able to handle that much anymore), so I'm going to eat mostly soft foods today. I don't want to feel like crap again (no pun intended) like I did yesterday. Ugh. Cramps and nausea are no fun!

QOTD: I'm just grateful to be normal size for the first time in my life!!

3 years 10 months out:

B: homemade coconut Greek yogurt with 1/3 mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: may just get soup. Or maybe an Impossible Burger (not a soft food...but I'm curious)

AS: yogurt or two protein powder/peanut butter balls

D: Palestinian food. Not sure what to expect, but I plan to eat something "safe"!

Sheila_H
on 4/19/19 7:37 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Trish, would you be willing to share pics of your arm? Maybe when they are healed? I'm curious about how the scars will look like once they are healed. I'm considering the arms PS but I'm worried about the scars making me look worse than the bat wings I have right now.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 4/19/19 7:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

will do!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views