1 year after bypass today

Cris1976
on 4/23/19 3:29 pm, edited 4/23/19 3:33 pm

Last year, today I was the bypass. One year after! I had ibm 40 and comorbities, today I'm so depressing and regret. I say about this lot times in this forum. The reversal bypass is dificult and I will be altered forerver. If I can back in the past, but dont is posible. I today know: I prefer medicines for hipertension, diabetes and dislipdemies...My life is a prision since the bypass: take vitamines, take blood tests... I dont doubt about indication for SMO, but for MO with IBM 40 no, especially in developmental countries. Why I did this cirurgy?

This is my experience. Brazil is a big fabric of bariatric procedures!

There are lot people happy with cirurgy.

I stay on expert bsriatric psychologist.

NYMom222
on 4/24/19 5:06 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Hi Cris,

I know you post your regret a lot, and I also know being in Brazil your support and experience may be different than most of us.

Make peace with your decision and figure out how to move forward.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Cris1976
on 4/28/19 6:14 pm

Thanks for yours words. I send the mail for non profit organization.

White Dove
on 4/28/19 1:38 pm - Warren, OH

I accept that surgery altered my body forever. I wish I could have done it without surgery, but am happy that the surgery was available. There are millions of people who need the surgery and not able to get it. I am one of the lucky ones.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cris1976
on 4/28/19 6:13 pm, edited 4/28/19 11:19 am
Mumber
on 5/3/19 8:43 pm
RNY on 08/26/17

I am 1 1/2 years out. I have lost almost 120 lbs but not without issues. I have severe constipation even though I drink lots of water and use laxatives. I have had ulcers at the anastomos site and have had to undergo 2 scopes so far. I have issues with food getting stuck at least 2 times a week and I now have to find another family doctor as mine is retiring.

I take meds to prevent me from vomiting on a daily basis. Don't know if that is because of hormonal changes ( had morning sicknesses non stop ) feels the same. Trying to investigate this further.

My point is, we all have some issues that hopefully do not get worse . investigate on your own - you know your body best and you need to advocate for yourself. My hope is that you can turn the negative effects around and enjoy the positive aspects of your surgery.

Dianamar
on 5/28/19 3:12 am - NY

I know how you feel. I had my surgery 5 days ago, and I wonder if this was the correct decision for me. I'm hoping that once a year has passed, i will feel better about the decision i made. Right now, I'm just not feeling good at all.

Surgeon: Fernandez, Surgery on 05/24/2019 HW: 290, SW: 268, CW: 224, GW: 180

I exercise to be fit, not skinny...I eat to nourish my body...and I always ignore the haters, doubters and unhealthy examples that were once feeding me. I am worth a lot more than I realize, and that is my daily motivation!

Cris1976
on 5/28/19 5:04 am, edited 5/27/19 11:32 pm

Hi,

English dont is my first language.

I hope you will can fell better. The firsts days can be the more difficult. In my case, the regret is major. I'm a outline in this process and I have psychological therapist because I had an insuficient and bad pré-op.

Respect yourself, without guilts. I can talk with you if you desire. This process is solitary and a lot people cant understand if your mental health is broken.

You can be fell better. I'm here if you desire a conversation.

Edit: text edition for english adjusts.

Dianamar
on 5/28/19 6:33 am - NY
Obrigado por tomar o tempo para responder a minha mensagem. Eu não acho que me sentiria tão mal depois da cirurgia. Agora eu estou com medo de que eu ainda esteja passando mal depois de um ano. A união é muito importante para minha família e, *****£o jantar com eles, não está ajudando. Eu não sou brasileira, sou espanhola do Chile. Mas eu viajei ao Brasil muitas vezes para visitar a família em Belo Horizonte.

Surgeon: Fernandez, Surgery on 05/24/2019 HW: 290, SW: 268, CW: 224, GW: 180

I exercise to be fit, not skinny...I eat to nourish my body...and I always ignore the haters, doubters and unhealthy examples that were once feeding me. I am worth a lot more than I realize, and that is my daily motivation!

Cris1976
on 5/28/19 6:44 am, edited 5/28/19 12:09 am

Hola,

Para nosotras latinas la alimentacion es central en nuestra vida familiar. Muchas veces me pregunto si no quise pasarme por un ideal de cuerpo y vida blancos cuando hice la cirurgía además de los problemas de salud. Podemos sentar a la mesa y es doloroso no compartir todo, pero poco a poco aprendimos a como compartir y aguantar que va ser distinto, pero que puede ser bueno. En mi familia case todos los temas van en lo que comimos. Pero si decidimos por la cirurgia es que algo muy dificil se pasaba conosotras y no lo podemos olvidar. Poco a poco podras comer un poquito desto y daquillo con la familia. No pienses que tu caso va ser como el mío, un año despues y aún arrepentida. Como te lo dije, estoy fuera de lo que sucede a la gente. Hay otras personas como yo? Sí. Ahora es tempo de cuidarte y hacer lo mejor que puedas por tu salud fisica y mental.

Sigo aquí para charlarmos si quieras.

Un gran abrazo,

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 374 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 501 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 161 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?