What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

bethmal
on 4/25/19 3:22 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Aaaahhhh, Friday Eve is upon us!

Super busy and long day yesterday. We worked in the garden until 7 PM I was so tired with an aching shoulder and we still haven't planted a plant or seed as of yet. Today after school I have a union meeting. I am not really involved in our teacher's union but no one else wants to do the job so I do it.

Accountability: I only got 110 ounces of water and I wanted to get 120 ounces.

QOTD: A women was in a coma for 28 years (1991) and has just woken up. What do you think she would be surprised to find out? I think she would be surprised with cell phones and technology. She would find it interesting how people seem not to be able to manage without their phone and how the phone is like a mini computer.

B: oatmeal

MS: cookies and cream protein shake

L: ham, asparagus and a spoonful of scalloped potatoes - the last of the leftovers

AS: ½ apple and cheese

D: They feed us at our meeting so I am not sure what we will be having

120 ounces of water or crystal light and all vitamins

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

karenp8
on 4/25/19 4:10 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for starting us off again Beth! The rain seems to have stopped today here so Lily and I will head out in a minute for our 3.3 mile walk. I'll also do another 1.25 miles after supper. Accountability yesterday stunk. Foodwise I did great til bedtime when I found mini chocolate bars and ate 4. I would have kept eating but made myself go to bed instead. We didn't get walking done either due to busyness and rain all day. Today we are back on track though. Weight 124.4. QOTD I'd go with cell phones too. Heres todays food B1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz seafood salad D 4 oz marinated pork loin S sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Maybe if I put a planned snack back in I won't find trigger foods instead! Goal is 100 ounces fluids which I didn't hit yesterday either. Have a great day full of smart choices everyone!

Librarian67
on 4/25/19 4:14 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Some days chocolate happens, but i'm proud of you for reigning it in and starting again.

Kisses to Miss Lily. Also saw that you mentioned yesterday that she's 10. I didn't realize that she had passed that many full moons! How old was she when she came to you?

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 4/25/19 5:49 am - Brighton, IL

We got her when she was just about 6. The only reason we know her actual birthday is that she was born at the puppy mill and then kept as a breeder. She has severe arthritis in her hips from being bred too often and not fed well but she seems pretty spry for her age. The vet said if she seems uncomfortable he'll prescribe anti inflammatories for her but I hate to start them too soon and risk ulcers as she has a touchy stomach anyway. He says her walks are probably the best thing for her--and me too!

Librarian67
on 4/25/19 7:22 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Sorry to hear about her hips but that certainly is part of being a breeding machine! Glad that she is now a part of your life and can have a happy life! And yes, the exercise is good for both of you!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Patty R.
on 4/25/19 8:18 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

I used a glucosamine and chondroitin product for dogs that worked well, w/ no side effects on him. Kept him moving comfortably for 5 years. So much so, I stopped the pain med the vet ordered.

Librarian67
on 4/25/19 4:35 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! I'm working from home today because DW is prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow. I probably could have worked in the office for at least most of the day but she's really nervous so I'm here to be supportive and I DO love my TW days! I'll put in a few extra hours to bank some credit hours so it'll be a long day just no commuting on top of it.

It's been a busy week between hectic office time and 2-3 hours of studying in the evening. I set my exam date for May 29 so I have an end goal in sight.

My trainer has been on vacay this week so I've worked out with some colleagues at work. I learned alot from how they approached the session. The first guy is very nice but is convinced that women shouldn't lift more than 5# weights. It really pissed me off since I'm lifting heavy now and explained that to him before we met. The workout yesterday was with a great and fit lady who has also worked as a trainer but she does more group aerobics that include fancy steps that totally confuse me. It was fun but again not really my style. A good chance to see what other trainers do though. Next week back to my usual grunting!!

QOTD: I agree that cell phones and other technology would be totally overwhelming and the way that people are so "connected" and absorbed all the time would probably be frustrating.

Accountability: the scale is up 2 pounds. Not much but a sign that I need to quit being lazy in what I put in my mouth and stick to my protein plan. Also will do my own hard workout in my gym today and tomorrow to pump my metabolism. The other issue is that things aren't "moving" so well and I am full of .... I know TMI but certainly part of post-WLS life!

Menu:

B: coffee, cottage cheese, a few berries, 1T of slivered almonds

S: EverRoast chicken

L: TJ's chicken sausages, baby carrots

S: deli ham

D: not sure but I might try to stick to a protein shake since DW is on clear liquids the rest of the day and I don't want to make it harder on her.

E: ~30 min of running intervals on the treadmill; 30 min of weights

Emiepie
on 4/25/19 7:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

The 29th will be here soon... yay!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kakesie
on 4/25/19 4:47 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Beth and Menu Family!

Going to see the movie Breakthrough this afternoon.

QOTD: Is that a true story or a "what if"? I'd have to agree about the cell phones and I think she would be amazed at how people are glued to them. Where ever you go that's all you see is people looking at their cell phones.

Accountability: I've been overeating lately. Totals for yesterday were high. Let's just leave it at that.

B: 3 strips bacon, light & fit Greek yogurt, peanut butter banana bread

L: 170 calorie microwave meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: not sure yet.

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, peanut butter banana bread

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen

Erin T.
on 4/25/19 5:11 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! It's going to be another really warm spring day (85+). I rode my motorcycle into work today because I'm having some issues with tendonitis in my foot and I've been advised to rest from running and excess walking today. I have a day full of meetings so hopefully, it will go quickly.

My Food:

• (2) Eggs, Cheese, and Avocado
  • Chicken Sausage, Bell Pepper, Zucchini, Peas, and Farro w/ BBQ Sauce
  • I don't have a dinner plan yet, but I think it will involve something taco related
  • Jerky, plain yogurt w/ nuts, protein bar, apple w/ PB

Rest day from exercise. Hopefully I'll feel up to getting back out there this weekend.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?