What's on your Photo Friday Menu?

bethmal
on 4/26/19 3:20 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Finally Fri-yay!

Another busy and long day yesterday. I got home from my union meeting and felt really dizzy so I just went to bed. I don't know what came over me but my dizzy spells are getting more frequent.

Accountability: spot on

QOTD: What are 5 jobs you have had? I started out babysitting as a young teen, was a waitress in high school, worked at a small community market and then after college started working as a mental health associate in a hospital for adolescents. Last I became a teacher. This is my 23 year of teaching.

B: yogurt

MS: protein shake

L: tuna pack

AS: apple and cheese

D: ? not sure. I'm sitting here with my coffee making a grocery list because we need food. LOL

Lots of water/crystal light and all vitamins

My picture is of DH putting the fence up for the peas. I couldn't really help because of my shoulder.

Two fences are finally up, the posts and tomato cages are in and tomorrow we plant! It's raining today. Have a great weekend!!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Librarian67
on 4/26/19 4:05 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Happy Friday everyone! Beth I am amazed at your gardening! Just a question, are you planting your tomatoes already? You mentioned the cages. I'll have to come for a tour of your garden next time I go to Longwood!

I'm off work today but home helping DW do the last prep for her colonoscopy this afternoon. It was a miserable night and will be a very stressful day ending in an hour+ of Friday evening rush hour driving on the Washington Beltway to get home...argh!

Tomorrow we are headed to PA to celebrate Easter brunch with my Mom and family. The weather is supposed to be nice but it will probably be a tense gathering and not really fun. I'm taking a ham and fresh pineapple and Mom has promised to make oven baked scrambled eggs, so there will definitely be something that I can eat. My SIL is on a diet so candy, chocolate and sugar have been banned but my step-father will probably have some anyway.

QOTD: I like many girls started out babysitting, although that wasn't the first "work" I had (cleaning public restrooms!!!), just the first work that I got paid for! As a senior in HS, I worked retail at a candy store after work. Right after graduation from HS I trained as a geriatric nursing assistant and worked for quite a few years as a CNA (lots of stories). One summer I rebelled and worked split shifts between a Mexican restaurant as a "waitron" or "Tron" and at the counter of a fish store that sold fresh fish and seafood. Dating was REALLY bad that summer because no matter how much I bathed, I always smelled of chilies and fish!!! In between college efforts, I worked for quite a few years as a secretary-receptionist-assistant-typist and also did several stints as a security alarm dispatcher. At 30, I decided to remake my life and went back to college and finished my BA and went to Library school. While I finished grad school, I worked in an agriculture library and a seminary library doing reference and cataloging. My first FT librarian position after graduation was where I am now, at LOC. Yep, I've been a "Jane" of many trades!

Accountability: Since DW had to be on all liquids yesterday, I tried to do the same with only a protein shake at lunch. By late afternoon, I was really nauseated and had a splitting headache and finally decided that I just needed to eat something for my own health. (Thanks for the reminder Kelly!) I ended up having some cottage cheese with berries & slivered almonds and later had some chicken breast. Not sure that fasting is a good thing for my body.

Menu:

B: coffee thus far, soon to be followed by some ham

S: cottage cheese w/ raspberries, blackberries, slivered almonds

L: TJ's chicken sausages

S: Chomps

D: not sure after a long, stressful day.

Exercise: probably won't get anything in between the procedure and torrential rains

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

bethmal
on 4/26/19 4:27 am
RNY on 12/26/17

I wish you a smooth drive to and from DWs procedure today - not sure how possible that is on the beltway though. Our garden was an 80x80 but now is a 90x80 because of the way DH plowed it this year. He was complaining about making it bigger the other day - his own fault! Yes, we will plant the tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and yellow squash tomorrow. We have had the plants for a week. He grew up on a farm so I call him Farmer Bob. LOL Please stop by anytime you are near Longwood. I'll send you home with fresh produce as soon as it starts growing. And you can meet Max!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Emiepie
on 4/26/19 8:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thinking of you today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/26/19 10:06 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope the procedure goes well and is just a routine screen. I've decided not to do these with DH anymore (too much stress).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 4/26/19 10:59 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I certainly understand your decision, Liz. DW avoided it for 10 years after a previous bad experience. Fingers crossed that this one goes more smoothly.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/28/19 7:56 am

My very first colonoscopy - I woke up in the middle of it and felt pain and discomfort. And the way they were talking to me. I never went back to see that "doctor".

A few years later my new at that gastro wanted me to have colonoscopy. I told him no way and why. He assured me that they no longer do that under twilight, but they do a full sedation, and anesthesiologist or their PA would be there the whole time. My next one with my guy was OK. But since I have IBS-C, and since a "transition time " of food or any other substance I take orally can take up to 48 hours, I had to do 2 days "fasting". And I was glad I did. For anyone with chronic constipation - doing 2 day cleanse may be needed to empty the colon.

Because of IBS-C when I am under stress - my intestines can work even slower than during normal situation. Unfortunately. Stress backs me up more that type of food I eat.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cc583
on 4/26/19 2:12 pm, edited 4/26/19 7:13 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I hope your wife's procedure goes well.

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

karenp8
on 4/26/19 4:38 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! No long walk for Lily and I this morning but we did go around the block. We have to leave shortly for a training meeting for the food pantry and will hopefully get our long walk in this evening. Accountability yesterday apot on and weight 124 today. QOTD babysitting,Dairy Queen,cook staff at a pizza place,CNA at a nursing home,home ec teacher for 2 years(hated it!!),and a respiratory therapist--my favorite. Goal today is at least 100 ouces fluids. Heres the food plan B1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butterL not sure as we'll eat out but protein of some sortD4 oz pork chopS sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Have a great day all and make some smart choices!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/26/19 10:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Looking great!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 169 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
Recent Topics