What's on your Thursday menu, RNYers?

Librarian67
on 5/2/19 4:01 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Not sure if anyone else is typing right now, but I'm online and don't see a thread so I'll get things started.

Good morning menu folks! It's Junior Friday and we can make it to the weekend! The universe gave me a sign (yeah, maybe!) that I needed a mental health day and for the first time in a LONG time, I forgot to set my alarm and I over slept. I probably could have gotten up and rushed for the train, better late than never.... But decided that I'd just take this as a day for more cert studying instead. So here I am at my home computer with coffee in hand.

QOTD: Wondering how many languages you speak, including readings, speaking or took a class in school? DW keeps working on learning Spanish. We have a large Latino population in our area so it would be really useful and it's also cognitive & memory stimulating activity! I took French in HS & college, as well as 1 year of Spanish. I can still read a bit of French but never be able to navigate on vacation! I've studied some Spanish on my own and would like to get back to it. Over the years I've studied a number of other languages, German, Hebrew, Latin, but never made much headway.

Accountability: today is a new day to refocus...enough said!

Menu:

Coffee, coffee, coffee!

B: ham, 1/2 c plain oatmeal

I'll pack a bag for the library to include: cottage cheese w/ berries, CarbMaster yogurt, Turkey breast, Chomps

D: hopefully a salad from the Whole Foods bar

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 5/2/19 4:16 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for starting us out this morning,Janet! QOTD I took French in high school for 2 years but have zero memory of it and 1 semester of Latin in college to fulfill the language requirement. Not fluwnt at either I'm afraid. Accountability yesterday good foodwise but with rain all day I didn't get all my steps in. Weight today 123.2. No walk for Lily and I this am as I have to leave in a few minutes for an early doctor appointment before we leave town later today for Crescent City Illinois for a planning meeting tomorrow. If weather cooperates we'll get an hour long walk tonight around the fairgrounds where we'll be staying.Heres the food plan for today B1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L4 oz deli lemon pepper chicken with cheese D 4 oz brat burger S if needed 2 oz pork rinds with 1 T salsa. Have a great day full of smart choices,my friends! Later!

catwoman7
on 5/2/19 5:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

123.2 - your hard work is paying off!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 5/2/19 3:04 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Safe travels and hope Lily has lots of good places to walk and sniff in IL!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

bethmal
on 5/2/19 4:25 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Thanks for getting us started off.

Yay for a mental health day! I love mental health days and probably don't take them enough. Enjoy.

Today after school, DH and I have to take Max to the vet for his last shot. The last time he was so nervous he peed all over me. I'm going to let DH take the reigns on this one, LOL.

I have a meeting this morning with my principal, vice principal and guidance counselor about a student with super impulsive behavior. I am dreading it because I feel no support will be given to us, the teachers.

QOTD: I took Spanish in high school and I took Fren*****ollege. I speak none.

Goal for today: No evening snacking

B: egg and a piece of toast (actually took time to cook and eat at home)

MS: cottage cheese (if needed)

L: turkey and cheese rollups and blueberries

AS: Greek yogurt (if needed)

D: turkey and cheese on a small salad

120+ ounces of water and all vitamins

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Partlypollyanna
on 5/2/19 5:04 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday! An unexpected mental health day can be a great break...and sounds very needed! enjoy!

QOTD - I took French and Latin in high school; I took Spanish as an adult when I was supporting our Latin American business. I read spanish way better than I speak it and my french has pretty much just been reduced to recognizing things on the menu level; it's true if you don't use a language, you can lose it!

Accountability - with family in town over the last week, I had a couple of small bites of gelato yesterday; about half a shot of bourbon while watching Game of Thrones and far too many nuts over the week. But the nuts are in the car for the road trip home and i should be back to normal patterns now. Got in lots of walking while they were here, made it to the gym one time. Pilates class tonight to get back on track exercise wise.

The menu today is:

Coffee, water, and more coffee

B - carb master cottage cheese

L - 4 oz ever roast deli chicken and 1 slice cheddar (.8 oz)

D - Left over kielbasa from the polish restaurant

S - half and half in coffee, L&F greek (frozen)

849 cal, 73 protein, 26 carb

Have a great Thursday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 5/2/19 5:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

another rainy day here in southern Wisconsin. Boo. I'm checking out two possible venues this morning for a large brunch/speaker meeting I'm planning for next year. One is supposed to be very nice but a bit far away (maybe 10-15 miles). The other is supposed to be adequate but so-so, but is right downtown. I have a feeling that our members (many of them octogenarians) are going to prefer the one downtown due to proximity. Some complain if we even have one 3-5 miles away. Sigh.

my laptop bit the dust the other day. I thought it was most likely the charger so I ordered a new one. It arrived yesterday. Nope - it's the laptop. Dead. Only two years old, too. Crap. Hopefully most of the stuff I had on there is also on my flash drive. I lost some things last time I had a laptop die - when will I learn? I'm now on a very old one that still sorta works (it freezes up a lot, though - not enough memory for modern usage, I'm guessing) - but I just ordered a new one. Should be here next week.

QOTD: I've studied French, Spanish, German, Japanese, and Swedish. French and Spanish more than the others (4-5 years each). I can remember enough French and Spanish to read signs when I'm traveling and to order from menus, but that's about it. I really don't remember anything other than a few words from the others. I can still distinguish Japanese from Korean based on intonations and the very few words I remember, but that's about it. I'd like to study Spanish again - maybe at our community college - since it's a pretty useful language to know in the US.

Accountability has been good the last couple of days, down another pound. Two more to go!

3 years 10 months out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: either cinnamon cranberry cottage cheese or 2 oz chicken breast (with 2 T hummus, lettuce, and tomato) on a Flat Out wrap

AS: light yogurt or a piece of crustless protein pumpkin pie

D: if I'm motivated enough to make pulled pork today, then that. Otherwise turkey meatballs with zoodles - or whatever lunch option I don't eat a lunch...

have a good day, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Patty R.
on 5/2/19 7:35 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

I'm making pulled pork today too!!

Sheila_H
on 5/2/19 6:35 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning menu warriors!

PTO is the way to go for mental sanity. I sometimes wish we could take a PTO from life to reset.

Have you heard about this sandwich place in NJ called Elsie's? It makes sandwiches with pickles instead of bread and it has become a sensation. If it were any closer I would go. I have told DH next time we are on the east coast visiting DD I want to go. Is anybody in this group close enough?

QOTD: Engli****alian, Spanish, Farsi. Don't mean to brag but fluent in all. I've been lucky that I have friends/family in all these languages so I practice them often because Jen is right, if you don't use them you lose them. I also come from a family of polyglots. My grandpa spoke 11 languages fluently and my mom speaks 7.

Accountability: baking will be the death of me. DS asked for it and I made some apple cinnamon bread. "Somehow" one slice ended up in my big mouth. No way to go if I want to lose this last .6 lb.

My meals for the day:

• Coffee, coffee, and more coffee
  • Eggwich
  • Turkey meatballs
  • Shredded pork

Have a great jr Friday. We are almost to the weekend.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 5/2/19 8:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have friend who has RA who switched to cucumbers for crackers years ago...but pickles for bread is new to me....but sounds DIVINE.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 398 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 254 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?