Whats on your (Photo) Friday menu, RNYers?

Librarian67
on 5/3/19 3:38 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good Friday morning all! I'm back in the work saddle but working from home today, thankfully! We are running to the doctor this afternoon for more testing for DW, so it will be another long day, but it is almost the weekend after all!!

I had a nice mental health day yesterday and got alot of studying done. I spent most of the day at the local public library and ended up getting in almost 8 hours of good study time between home and the library. I did take a nice break at lunch and sat outside and enjoyed the sunny, summery weather, which was lovely. Only 3 more chapters to study for my cert and then it's hard prep for the exam on May 29. I look forward to not having to study every moment, but I am learning alot that will help me as a trainer.

QOTD: One thing that I'm regretting at the moment is that I feel SO self-absorbed. I haven't had much time for my friends, including checking in on some of you. So my intention for this weekend is to write some emails, texts and cards to folks I love to check on them and to make them feel special. What do you try to do regularly that is purely for someone else? That small act of kindness to make the world a better place.

Accountability: I did pretty well yesterday since I ended up packing my food for the library and stuck to it. I did have a waffle with PB before bed but no sugary treats. The scale is back down a pound thankfully. Just gotta keep to plan better obviously!

Menu:

B: coffee, ham, 1/2 cup plain oatmeal w/blueberries

S: turkey breast

L: probably 2 TJ's chicken sausages, baby carrots

S: cottage cheese w/berries & slivered almonds

D: I'd like to go out to eat and have a crab cake or fish

E: an hour in the gym planned for lunchtime

Sorry, I'll add a pic if I find one later

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

bethmal
on 5/3/19 4:07 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Hi Janet and Menuers,

Janet, glad studying went well yesterday and that you had a nice mental health day.

We took Max to the vet last night for a booster and then bought a few more plants for the garden at a local garden center. Tonight we are going to a different garden center for the sweet potatoes and then planting is done. Looking forward to a little R&R this weekend. Praying for a little rain because the garden is super dry.

QOTD: I always feel self-absorbed and often forget to take the time to think of others. Even the way I respond to others here or on FB, I have to stop and reread how I respond to others. I do try to compliment someone on something at least once a day. I definitely need to be better at this.

TSS 1 year and 4 months and I am participating in No Weight May (hope it doesn't backfire)

B: overnight oats - greek yogurt, Fairlife milk and oats with a banana

MS: Ever roast chicken and 1-ounce cheese

L: last of the ever roast chicken and cheese, maybe some blueberries

AS: cottage cheese and grapes

D: Not sure since the garden center is an hour away and we will be on the road

I told my students I needed an 'Avengers for Dummies' guide on how to watch all of those movies. They worked furiously and this is what I got. Looks good to me!

My beautiful niece Blaire, who is heading off to PA school this weekend. I'm so very proud of her.

And Max...

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Sheila_H
on 5/3/19 4:27 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I need that avenger's road map too!

Your niece is BEAUTIFUL, and obviously smart.

Hopefully Max didn't pee this time after he got his shot.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Librarian67
on 5/3/19 4:38 am
RNY on 02/28/17

WOW, you're up early for CA!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Librarian67
on 5/3/19 4:40 am
RNY on 02/28/17

That's a GREAT idea about the Avengers. I too have NO clue! Getting info from the experts...

So happy that Max made it through the vet. How is he doing? The picture is SO cute and he obviously loves HIS ball...!

Oh and out of curiosity, where is your niece going to PA school?

bethmal
on 5/3/19 7:10 am
RNY on 12/26/17

She is going to Alderson Broaddus in West Virginia. I'm not sure I spelled it correctly.

Max is great! He didn't pee on me last night because Bob held him. Afterwards we got him a doggie cone at Bruster's Ice Cream. LOL. He is a super happy dog and loves to be outside. He stays in the yard and is constantly playing with one of his toys.

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Partlypollyanna
on 5/3/19 6:47 am
RNY on 02/14/18

LOVE the Avengers cliff notes! and what a lovely picture of you and your niece!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

kairosgrammy
on 5/3/19 9:08 am
RNY on 10/17/17

You've been shopping at Walmart. Got that shirt in my closet. Love it.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

bethmal
on 5/3/19 4:46 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

Yes, I did and I got it on the clearance rack for $3.00!

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Sheila_H
on 5/3/19 4:48 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning menu peeps!

Up at the crack of dawn, actually in the middle of the night for me...have been up since 2:00 am with work worries. Nothing more than usual but when I have an event around the corner my mind goes into over drive and I keep thinking about all the details that can go wrong or that I haven't thought of.

QOTD: I go out of my way to be nice and considerate to friends. Maybe it is somehow selfish, but because I don't have a family here my friends are my family so I take care of them. I took a dear friend out for breakfast a couple of days ago, I had baked her a mini cake and I brought along a candle and lighter so we had a mini celebration (just the two of us) having an hr to us while having coffee. I love doing this kind of stuff for my friends.

Accountability: meh. I tried these new power snacks that have cashew, date, cherries and some other stuff in them. The plan was to try one but the 1 became 5!! They are GOOD but not for me.

My meals for the day:

• Coffee, coffee, and more coffee
  • Eggwich
  • Chicken skewers
  • Shredded pork

My pics are : foggy beach. We are actually famous for how much fog we get, especially when it gets hot in Silicon Valley. Certain months during summer the fog doesn't burn off till late afternoon.

Second pic was on Wed during my wog in the woods. We have a lot of deers in our area but these two were funny looking at me like "look at this crazy woman running when nobody is chasing her!"

Happy Fri-yay everyone!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?