What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

Librarian67
on 5/4/19 4:02 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning folks! A BIG shout out to Jim at the Derby and all of you (Amy!) who are going to be watching all the horses and hats! I lived in KY for 8 years and it really is a big deal, second only to March Madness...! This is also the weekend of the Md Sheep & Wool Festival, which is a huge event of sheep-folk including dog trials, wool sales and all things spinning and knitting. I'm usually there the whole weekend volunteering but I've taken a year off. If you need something funny on a sheep related theme, check out this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZlfbep2LdU

Anyway, whatever you're up to today, I hope it's happy and healthy.

We made it through another round of testing for DW. EEG didn't show anything abnormal and we also got word from the colonoscopy that one of the polyps was pre-cancerous but was completely removed. Now I need to take the time to have my mammogram for my own health.

QOTD: This is certainly coming into festival season with the warmer weather. Are you a festival goer? Is your area know for a big festival? What is your favorite? As I mentioned above, I'm usually at the MD Sheep & Wool Festival the first weekend in May. We also usually go to the Takoma Park, MD Arts & Crafts Festival the first Sunday in October. I do really like arts & crafts festivals but it's really easy for me to spend WAY too much $$$.

Menu:

B: workin' on the coffee and some ham soon.

S: protein shake

Everything else is pretty up in the air but working toward protein forward and NO muffins, cookies or donuts!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 5/4/19 4:14 am - Brighton, IL

Up early to get ready to work day of giving here at Midwest Mission Distribution Center so thanks for starting us off early,Janet! They are expecting a couple hundred volunteers today so needed the extra hands to help herd them. Lily and I have already walked our half mile loop around the building. We'll do that at least 2 more times today and will also do our 2 plus miles to,around the grade school and back at some point this afternoon. Accountability was good food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 123.4 today. Heres the food for today B1/2 c oats with protein and peanut butter L 2 sm protein pancakes with sugar free syrup D 4 oz burger with cheese no bun S sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Have a fun day full of amazing choices,my friends! Later!

Librarian67
on 5/4/19 4:16 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Put Lily to work herding!!!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 5/4/19 4:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day out there! I have to pick up some cat meds at the pharmacy across town this morning, other than that, there's nothing on my agenda. I really need to spend some time outdoors today!!!

QOTD: There seems to be something going on pretty much every weekend here when the weather is nice, but no huge festivals are coming to mind. We have a jazz fest and a blues fest, and there's an Italian fest in one of the 'burbs - so I guess those would count. I'm not a big festival goer, so I'm not sure what else is around here in the way of festivals.

3 years 10 months out:

B: protein pumpkin pancakes with homemade apple/cinnamon compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 2 T chicken breast with 1 T hummus, lettuce, and tomato slices on a Flat Out wrap

AS: light yogurt or cottage cheese with raspberries

D: pulled pork

have a great day, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 5/4/19 6:08 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning friends!

Im going this morning to get my hair done--I've been working on fading out the green as much as possible so now it looks like a gross muddy mint color. I'm having the rest lifted out and I'll be going to a "natural" color for summer. It's just easier to maintain in the hot months when I play outside and need to wash my hair more frequently. I'll post pics tomorrow.

i told DH that since my hair will be cute and freshly done, I didn't want to come home just to play in the dirt, so we're having lunch out, and then going thrifting after.

Qotd: we go to some outdoor rock concert festivals, the first of which is May 10 and is headlining Sevendust and In This Moment, and Halestorm amongst others. Our Omaha farmers market is big enough to count as some kind of festival too, maybe? Lol I go to that frequently, and it opens this weekend as well. I think DH and I are riding our bikes there tomorrow

eats today

breakfast: eggs and bacon, coffee before and after

lunch: DH wants sushi, and we found a place that subs cauliflower rice, so we wanted to check that out! I may also have some sashimi and edamame

dinner: I plan on harvesting my first spinach from my garden and having salads with grilled chicken

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

seattledeb
on 5/4/19 6:25 pm

I love the idea of cauliflower rice in rolls. Let us know if you go.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/4/19 6:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Saturday! Good news about DW, Janet...and do take care of yourself too - Mammos are important.

QOTD - not a big festival goer, unless you count the Renaissance Festival? I there's an under $100 art show festival every year that I like.

Today is a fun girls day, so I'm about to run out and do my grocery shopping before meeting the ladies -- we're starting with brunch at Bacon Social House and I'm so excited about a flight of bacon for breakfast! Then pedis, some shopping and making some woodworking items at a woodworking/painting place -- it's like the wine and paint but with wood (they cut everything which is good as they allow BYOB).

B - coffee and protein shake

Brunch - bacon

Dinner - probably some kind of cheese/meat plate

Have the best Saturday everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Patty R.
on 5/4/19 7:11 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Happy Saturday!

We get to that certain age where all those "tests" are very important to nip things in the bud... We have to take care of our selves so we can be good care givers.

QOTD: I am so excited, my new digs are in the historic part of my town, close to the pavilion where concerts and the farmer's market are held. Lots of activities, if the sun would ever come out!

TSS 2yr, 8mo Getting a better grip on snacking and gradually dropping calories.

B: coffee w/ sf coffee mate, turkey sausage scramble

L: pulled pork

D: venison chili

S: hm ricotta and greek yogurt, blueberries

Laundry is calling..........

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Julia S.
on 5/4/19 12:31 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I try to make it to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival, not that I need any more fleeces I still have about 4 I should process when the weather is warm. I also like the Highland Games, but haven't been in quite a few years, no one wants to go with me and it's not as much fun alone. Love the bagpipes and of course the men in kilts.

Today is a pedi for me, since I'll be unable to get one for a while. Not feeling really great, but I need to get my lawn mowed.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

peachpie
on 5/4/19 12:50 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Happy Saturday RNy'ers. I'm out and about running errands. The younger has his formal next week and he needed shoes. I can't wait to se him all put together. Then I went in the hunt for a quality rain jacket for running, lesson learned, I can't afford quality.

i passed the 4 years out from surgery mark a few days ago. Still love the choice I made, no regrets. I have been struggling a bit with stomach upset, but I can easily relate it to bad carbs. I'm cutting my habit of munching on dry cereal, and reducing cheese intake. I feel like they were the most prevalent things in my diet that seem to cause me bloat and gas. Weight is a tad higher than I prefer, but I'll get it back down. I'm constant with my fitness, drinking water and vitamins.

Qotd: I started growing weary of festivals, after you've been to them repetitively, I see nothing new is really offered. I'll check out a new one, but rarely repeat going to ones year after year. I need break so it seem new to me.

M1: 1/2 c oatmeal, 2 scrambled eggs and ham

m2 peanut butter sandwich and chips

m3: ?

m4/ spare ribs

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 563 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 341 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 455 views