What's on your Thursday menu RNY'ers?

Librarian67
on 5/9/19 3:51 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! Not sure if anyone else is typing, but I'll go ahead and get things started.

A dreary day here with a chance of rain, but I really need to get outside at lunch and do a brisk walk or run. I've been spending my lunches and after work with my head stuck in my books instead of getting out, which really doesn't help my mind, body and spirit. I need to reset in more ways than one.

QOTD: Do you have plans for Mother's Day? For your mom, MIL, with your kids (fur & non-fur)? I usually spend the Saturday before Mother's Day with my Mom taking her to lunch, buying flowers for her garden, etc. This year due to my exam cramming, I've delayed the special day until June and then we'll do dual duty with Father's Day too. I'd like to do something nice for DW in honor of being Cat Moms too.

Accountability: not horrible, but time to stop cheating and sliding down the slope...

Menu:

B: coffee, scrambled eggs

S: Chomps

L: Subway chicken salad

S: Key Lime yogurt, turkey breast

D: HT Tilapia, veg

S: Lactaid cottage cheese w/berries & almonds

E: MUST walk today!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

bethmal
on 5/9/19 3:58 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Ha, ha I was posting too but I deleted :)

PT after school and working in the garden as everything is sprouting up, including the weeds.

Accountability: totally off the charts/ Thanks to my lack of self-control and teacher appreciation week.

QOTD: On Saturday I will be spending the day at my MILs house painting her porch and shutters and then planting a few flowers around her house. DH and I take care of her house and our house all year. We have already cleaned out her flower beds so now it's time to spruce up the place a bit. On Sunday DH is frying a turkey and we will head over to NJ to have dinner with my mother and my family.

TSS: 1 year and 4-months/No weigh May

B: HB egg

MS: protein shake

L: ever roast chicken, blackberries

AS: pear and cheese

D: homemade chicken cheese steak without the bread or chicken salad (need to use up the rotisserie chicken that MIL bought us) and maybe jalapeno poppers because I need to use up the peppers before they go bad.

100+ ounces of water and all vitamins

Have a great day!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

karenp8
on 5/9/19 4:03 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Rainy day here too so not sure about walks today but Lily and I will try our best to get 3 short and 1 long walk in. Accountability yesterday good foodwise but didn't get long walk in due to weather. Weight today 123.6. QOTD no special plans as my mom is dead and we'll be away from home in Springville Indiana. We've recruited the youngest son(the plant guy) to buy my MIL a plant and deliver it on Sunday for us so that's covered. Todays food B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz deli chicken D 4 oz parmesan crusted tilapia S apple slices with 1 T peanut butter eaten at break. Have a great day everyone and make your best and healthiest choices! Coffee time!

catwoman7
on 5/9/19 4:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

looks like it's shaping up to be another cold, rainy day! (I wish spring would get here!!). If it's not too bad later, I need to get out and walk. Walking is about the only exercise I can do until my plastic surgeon clears me to do other things, and I've been failing miserably at that!

DH found the new L&F lemon meringue yogurt at the store last night and picked up a couple of containers. I can't wait to try it!! I'll run to the store later on today and get some fresh blueberries or raspberries as I'm thinking they'll be GREAT on it!!

QOTD: we're going to Chicago on Saturday because I have my six-week follow up with the plastic surgeon on Monday morning, so we won't be around either mother for Mother's Day. We'll call them, though!

3 years 11 months out:

B: 3 protein pumpkin pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 C homemade apple compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: I need to finish off some rotisserie chicken that's in the fridge, but it's not sounding terribly appealing right now...

AS: L&F yogurt with berries

D: sushi

ES: if needed, L&F yogurt or protein pumpkin pie

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

kairosgrammy
on 5/9/19 10:19 am
RNY on 10/17/17

Well, so far creme brulee is my jam but I can see lemon meringue for sure. Gotta stop by walmart, will be checking for sure. I love key lime too.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

Patty R.
on 5/9/19 5:48 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Happy Thursday!!

With all the rain we've had, the flowering trees are behind schedule, maybe for Mother's Day?

QOTD: I'll visit my Mom and MIL. Spend time with my boys...

TSS 2yr 8mo

B: coffee w/ sf coffee mate, scrambled egg w/cheese

L: Ham and cheese roll ups w/ cheese

D: Chicken thigh w/ broccoli

S HM yogurt w/ SF fruit spread

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Greateight
on 5/9/19 5:59 am, edited 5/8/19 11:00 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

I don't think that my children have any idea that it is Mother's Day this weekend. Since I had to go to Nordstrom to pick up some alterations, I decided that I would cover for them and get a Mother's Day present for Marilyn. Being of a certain age, all adventure begin with a potty break. Well, in the 100 feet that it took me to walk through the Men's Department towards the bathroom, three different salespeople asked me if they could help me. I resisted the urge to scream "Nooooo, I just want to pee", made it out alive, and went up to woman athletics to try and find a tennis outfit for Marilyn.

And then the salespeople disappeared.

I was left wandering, alone and desolate, in a strange land of Lycra and sports bras. The more I tried to stick out as awkward and helpless, the more I was ignored. Clearly, I wasn't there to browse. There was one young male associate scanning something with Flo from Progressive's price tool but I sure wasn't going to ask him to pick out leggings for my wife. I even thought of voluntarily approaching the dreaded perfume counter and press ganging one of the over eager sprayers into picking out an outfit. Finally, I gave up on tennis wear, fortified with coffee, went to Kendra Scott, gave the associate my credit card, and told her to go to town.

65 Burpees.

QOTD: I covered for our children with Marilyn as above. She, in turn, sent flowers to both our Mother's. We won't see them over the weekend because they are back in Boston. Some weeks I consider Marilyn talking to my Mom as me calling her, but this week I will make sure to actually speak.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein Bar

Lunch: Ahi tuna salad

Snack: Light and Fit

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

artchikk
on 5/9/19 7:27 am
RNY on 02/12/18

LOL your description of shopping just cracks me up!

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Emiepie
on 5/9/19 8:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Your story is hilarious!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 5/9/19 1:04 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Jim - the same thing happens to me in home depot!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics