Exercising

Teenie
on 5/10/19 1:26 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I used to do curves but noticed it did not push me enough after surgery. Fortunately we host a planet fitness and for $20 a month they have every piece of equipment and free classes for cardio strength and stretching and they have a circuit class as well. You may not believe it but it is really a no judgement zone. The trainers really do want you to succeed. They will set up a program to get you on track then every couple months you can set up another meeting with the trainer and they can tweak your work out to fit your need. Free tanning and massages with a black card membership. I only use the gym part though I only took a massage a couple times but my husband loves it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 5/10/19 3:34 pm, edited 5/10/19 8:34 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Madison Rose, you have received a lot of good advice. My two cents is to heal, stay positive and try not to be hard on yourself. At three months out, following your plan for eating and liquids is much more important than exercise in terms of your weight loss.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

seattledeb
on 5/10/19 4:06 pm

Absolutely this.

Diet and getting the weight down will open up all sorts of movement and exercise.

You got a lot of good responses on this thread.

Marilyn101
on 5/11/19 5:00 am - FL

Try to stay positive, this is just a small bump in the road of your new journey. Once you feel better and have healed just get started. One day at a time take it slow an increase from there. Walking is what I do for exercise, but getting the right pair of shoes is really important. Good luck I'm sure you're going to be very successful.

MadisonRose
on 5/11/19 11:16 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thanks everyone for the awesome advice! I had always planned on exercising at some point, but at my last appointment with my dietitian she told me I need to go ahead and start now. Before I start again I'm going to be sure to get fitted properly with a good pair of tennis shoes. I definitely don't want anymore delays! I'll admit I don't care for exercise, but I do enjoy walking. Aside from the blisters it was fun and I felt like I could go for a longer period if my painful feet hadn't slowed me down. Ah well, live and learn I guess. I'll be giving it another go soon!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Nanners0828
on 5/22/19 11:08 am
RNY on 04/25/18

I started last July (4 months post RNY) and I am swimming 1 mile every other day. That's 66 laps in a 25 meter pool. No impact. I am a water baby and am at home as much in the water as on land so it may not work for everyone. For those who can, I strongly recommend it. It has made a significant impact on the weight loss and the cardio is great as well. I joined a health club that is clean and has a great pool, but there are cheaper versions out there where you can get a lane to swim in without a big wait time. Key for me was the ability to workout regularly, not just when a class meets. On days I do not swim, I try to get other activity which may include mowing the lawn or walking (shopping). Check it out.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 318 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 318 views