What's on your Tuesday menu RNYers?

catwoman7
on 5/14/19 7:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've never cared for Premier shakes - I can taste the protein in them. When I drink RTD shakes (which is mostly when I'm away from home for a couple of days), it's always Unjury brand. Otherwise, I use various Syntrax and Quest powders to make my shakes. I mix them up so I don't get bored. I most often make chocolate and salted caramel (one scoop of chocolate and 1/2 scoop of Quest Salted Caramel, plus unsweetened almond or cashew milk). However, other ones I like (and sometimes make) are:

vanilla with matcha tea powder

vanilla with 1/4 - 1/2 a frozen banana plus instant espresso powder and cinnamon (for a "latte")

vanilla with some canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice (I sometimes throw some instant espresso powder or cold coffee in with this, too, to make a pumpkin latte)

1 scoop Syntrax peanut butter with 1/2 scoop Quest Cinnamon Crunch ****asionally with some SF butterscotch pudding mix mixed in)

a scoop of Syntrax peach in vanilla kefir (this is the only one where I DON'T use unsweetened almond or cashew milk)

vanilla with butter extract and cinnamon ("snickerdoodle")

there are others, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind. I often add in a couple of tablespoons of avocado (unless it's a rare occasion when I add in 1/4-1/2 banana) for some extra fat (which holds me over). I blend all of these with some ice (in the blender), btw....

the calories on these are higher than just a standard Premier shake, but I just work them in. I need the variety so I don't get bored, because I kind of have to have one every day because of my unusually high protein needs (I malabsorb it)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

kairosgrammy
on 5/14/19 8:49 am
RNY on 10/17/17

Thanks. I use the syntrax. I always put yogurt in my smoothies. Those are great idea!!! I'm kinda tired of the ones I make.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

Patty R.
on 5/14/19 7:52 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Thank you for wanting to be a volunteer guardian. I had a terrible time finding guardians as adns of the dementia unit. Sadly, families walk away leaving no one...

catwoman7
on 5/14/19 8:07 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that is so sad. I could never understand why families walk away, but I know some do :-( I also felt terrible for some of the patients in my dad's nursing home who never had any family members come and visit. Not sure if they didn't have any, or if they lived far away, or if they just didn't want to deal with it. I know my stepmother almost never went to see my dad (my brother still won't talk to her after all this time because of that). She told me once it was too depressing to see him. Yea, it's depressing all right - but he was her husband!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

kairosgrammy
on 5/14/19 10:30 am
RNY on 10/17/17

In college, I worked in a nursing home as an aide. Some of the residents were so lonely. I always, no matter how busy I was, tried to visit with them when they wanted to talk. It wasn't just the ones with dementia, though. Children seem to be able to ignore their parents when things aren't convenient. Like the parenting they received as children and often, even as adults was always convenient. Just sad.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

momyshaver
on 5/15/19 3:03 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I give the upmost respect to family who do for family. It is often thankless, very taxing/emotionally as well as physically and financially exhausting. I often find myself taking in people to care for, (family and non family). I don't have much to offer but I can give of myself in that way and for that person at that time, that is all that matters when they have no one else. How horrible for the person who has no one willing to step in and fill that void. I am incredibly sad to think about how many people have no one in some of their most desperate times =(

kairosgrammy
on 5/14/19 6:58 am
RNY on 10/17/17

Tonight, my granddaughter will graduate from high school and in 2 weeks she will ship out to the army as a medic. How did that even happen? Seems like yesterday when they brought her out of the delivery room and I met her for the 1st time. She looked just like her mama did when her mama was born. Deja vu!!! LOL, she still looks like her mom!!!

No QOTD?

Accountability: Good except for irregular meals. Granddaughter's awards program was last night and then tonight is graduation. My tummy likes a schedule, I think.

Breakfast: Caramel Macchiato smoothie

MS: Coffee with collagen and more coffee

Lunch: Spinach and Asiago Cheese Chicken Sausage, black-eyed peas, brussell sprouts

AS#1: Ostrim Meat Stick, Built Bar

AS #2: Sardines in Water, Cherry tomatoes

S: No clue. Will take my family out for supper after graduation and have no clue where they will want to go. I'd kinda like Cracker Barrel and if we do that, I always get the chicken tenderloins (I can eat 3 usually), pinto beans and broccoli. Maybe I'll freak out and have mac & cheese??? That would definitely mess up accountability and might make me sick. Have had pasta in 2 years.

ES: Iced protein Coffee and Quest Bar, coffee with collagen and reddiwhip

Since I'm not sure about supper, not sure about calories, etc.

Emiepie
on 5/14/19 7:08 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning! Karen, love the pics and Lily is so cute.

We are having an optional wellness screening at work today so fasting and can't wait until I can have my coffee!

Accountability: No bars. I did snack a little but not too bad last night.

TSS: 4 years 9 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Beef jerky, carbmaster cottage cheese, and an iced latte dessert bar

D: Real good food verde enchiladas, small salad with cheese/sour cream/salsa, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: low carb pita with laughing cow wedge, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 5 mile run and 40 mins elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1384 Protein:136 Carbs:112 Fat:47

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 5/14/19 7:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning all~ Yesterday was rough on my back - all the sitting sucked but walking and believe it or not stairs felt good. I also did some stretches that really helped - thanks, Em!! Still nursing it with ice and faithfully wearing my orthotics. They only fit in my gym shoes so that is what I am wearing - they looks funny with my work clothes but I don't care, lol. I see the chiro again on Thursday.

Accountability - good

b- coffee w/HH and splenda x 3, L&F yogurt

l- albacore tuna, mayo+balsamic vinegar

d-baked chicken breast

s- beef jerky

640/80/11

v/l on track

Have a great day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

yvonnef1964
on 5/14/19 7:58 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I got my new kitty this morning. Misty not sure about it. As time goes on, she is getting closer to her but a still a few hisses.

B ham and cheese omelette and sola bread

L tuna salad, sola bread and honeycrisp apple

D pork roast and vegetable

Have a good day

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 336 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?