A bit scared...ok a lot scared

stacyrg
on 5/20/19 3:44 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

If it helps, I had a much easier recovery after my RNY than I did with my VSG. I was up in the recovery room and walked to the bathroom. I got myself into a bed when they transferred me to a room and I was up and walking very soon after. I had zero nausea with my RNY.

Since it was a prior problem, I would make sure I was able to talk to the anesthesiologist to express my concerns. He can make sure you're properly medicated from the start so hopefully the nausea wont be an issue.

CJ On Orcas
on 5/20/19 9:48 am
RNY on 09/09/16

As the date got closer to my rny I was certain that I had made a mistake. I remember someone posting that as they wheeled her in she was begging to just let her try Weigh****chers one more time. I am now down 110 pounds, which is something that did not happen during the 12 times I tried WW, the time I tried Slim Within, the 27 times I tried fasting or juicing, the 684 times I tried the fad diets including nothing but cantaloupe and green smoothies.

When I got scared leading up to my surgery I sat down, got quiet, and reminded myself that I had tried literally everything, it had not worked, and this one option was left to me. I will struggle the rest of my life to keep my weight down, but this one time it worked.

Good luck.

Dianamar
on 5/25/19 4:44 am - NY

Hi Melody,

I'm one day post surgery. I had an RNY done yesterday, and I worried about this procedure for weeks. I also brought my nervousness to the hospital yesterday morning. I feel good, not 100%, but good. Please don't waste your energy being scared. I did, and now wish I hadn't been so nervous.

Surgeon: Fernandez, Surgery on 05/24/2019 HW: 290, SW: 268, CW: 224, GW: 180

I exercise to be fit, not skinny...I eat to nourish my body...and I always ignore the haters, doubters and unhealthy examples that were once feeding me. I am worth a lot more than I realize, and that is my daily motivation!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics