Whats on your Monday menu RNYers?

Librarian67
on 5/20/19 5:29 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Not having seen Anchorman, I wouldn't have gotten the joke, but instead thought of Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull...definitely NOT jazz!

Oh and I did add an QOTD, which I'd love to hear your answers from.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 5/20/19 5:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have an interview later on this morning for that volunteer position I mentioned a week or so ago (serving as a legal guardian for elderly people with dementia or other types of incapacity who can no longer make decisions on their own and don't have family to make decisions for them). I prepped for an hour or two yesterday and will review my notes this morning (I was a career counselor in a past life and my husband still is - has been for 20 years - so we know a lot of common questions that I should anticipate and be ready for!). But still, I don't like job interviews and I haven't been on one in a gazillion years, so I'm hoping this will go OK...

Accountability was good yesterday but I'm up two pounds this morning. I had 4 oz of deli turkey and 1 oz of cheese last night for dinner instead of the planned salmon and broccoli - plus I put some FF/SF pudding mix in a protein shake - plus I can't remember what else, but suffice it to say, my sodium intake was higher than normal, so it's probably water retention (well, it would be - it'd be next to impossible to gain 2 lbs of fat overnight...)

QOTD: I can't really think of any one NSV that stands out - I had so many of them that I was amazed with - like looking down one day and noticing my legs were crossed for the first time in about 10 years - not having to ask for a belt extender on a plane - fitting into booths... My favorite exercises are Zumba (and other dance-based cardio), gentle yoga, and pretty much anything in the pool.

3 years 11 months out:

B: protein pumpkin pancakes topped with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 C homemade apple/cinnamon compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 3 oz deli turkey with lettuce, tomato, and reduced fat mayo on a Flat Out FoldIt

AS: light yogurt or protein pumpkin pie, raw veggies dipped in Greek yogurt with ranch dressing mix if I'm feeling overly "snacky" (raw veggies are magical!)

D: maybe whipped/sweetened cottage cheese with raspberries. Or more deli turkey. Or turkey meatballs with zoodles.

ES: if needed, same as AS (oddly, I'm feeling more snacky in the afternoons now than I am in the evenings, so I haven't been doing much...if any...snacking at night)

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

bethmal
on 5/20/19 6:32 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Monday to All!

Karen, I found the Earnest Eats oatmeal this weekend. I bought the apple and the maple type. I only made a 1/3 cup serving this morning as it is something 'new' I added to my diet. I am a texture person and I am not a fan of the pumpkin seeds but I will learn to like it otherwise. I also made it with 1/3 cup of Fairlife instead of water because I like a creamier texture.

We had another busy weekend. We pulled the camper out and worked in and around the yard. It is looking spectacular!

QOTD: I think my favorite NSV is being healthier and on no medications. Oh, and I am a size 4! I am not a huge exercise person and I need to incorporate it more into my daily activities. I strive to hit 10,000 steps a day, so I am interested in reading everyone's response.

Accountability has been pretty good but not great. I have to get off the carb train but my fluids are spot on!

TSS: 1 year and 4 months

B: 1/3 cup of Earnest Eats oatmeal and 1/3 cup of Fairlife milk

MS: PP chocolate shake

L: 3 ounces of leftover hamburger

AS: 1 cup of freshly picked strawberries (from my strawberry patch)

D: probably chicken salad because I have had a craving for it

120+ ounces of fluids and all vitamins

I know it's not photo Friday but a few pictures... my freshly picked strawberries and the camper.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Patty R.
on 5/20/19 7:13 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Nice!!

karenp8
on 5/20/19 9:51 am - Brighton, IL

I want fresh strawberries now! They look delicious!

Julia S.
on 5/22/19 1:34 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I've been having to feed a raccoon cat food to keep it out of my strawberries. Probably not the best idea but I really want the strawberries.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Sheila_H
on 5/20/19 6:32 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning menu peeps!

We had a very interesting weekend. Remember I told you guys DH gets nervous if the deck furniture gets rained on? Well, we had thunderstorms and HAIL!! We had hail in mid May in CA!!! Our deck was covered in white. Sun morning the torrential rain was just unheard of. DH was not a happy camper. The covers we have for the furniture is kinda hard to put on and take off so he couldn't put them on, on a moments notice. He tried to put some of that blue tarp but the wind was so strong that the tarp had no chance, we brought all the cushions in but the rest got totally soaked. I'm sure a couple of sunny days will fix that but seems like we'll have rain for the rest of the week.

So what do you do during a rainy weekend? You bake! I tried for the first time to bake scones! Holy moly, they were really good...I only had a couple of bites. Something about the smell of butter and sugar in the house is comforting to me, which is totally un-bariatric!!!

QOTD: best NSV is to have ME back. The me before becoming obese; totally outgoing and very unafraid of trying new things. For exercise I love strength training. I used to be intimidated by the weight room and wouldn't go in without my trainer. Nowadays I feel like I'm one of the guys, pumping and lifting, and enjoying the hard work.

Accountability: Great during the weekend

My meals for the day (too many bags in the freezer):

• Coffee, coffee, and more coffee
  • Turkey meatballs
  • Sausage links
  • Yogurt or parm cheese

Have a great start of the week.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Erin T.
on 5/20/19 6:43 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! We had a great weekend with my brother and his girlfriend visiting. They arrived on Friday morning and we took them over to see our house and out for lunch. Friday evening we had sushi and hung out by the pool. Saturday we ventured to Uwharrie National Forest and went off-roading on our motorcycles. It was hot and dusty and pretty damn fun! They will be painting our house this week, so I'm hoping we can go over at some point and get some pictures of it really starting to look like a house. They put in countertops and the shiplap last week and it's so exciting!

My Food:

• Scrambled Eggs & Cheese in half a pita
  • Chicken Meatballs in a Thai peanut sauce with a few rice noodles
  • Cheesy Chicken Taco with a little rice
  • Protein Bar, Granola Bar, Marcona Almonds, Apple w/ PB (these are my options, I'll probably pick 2)

I ran 4 miles this morning before the sun came up. Yesterday I had to do my long run on the treadmill and that was terrible, so I'm committed to doing pre-dawn runs as much as possible to avoid that again.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

NYMom222
on 5/20/19 6:47 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Morning

I have been trying to ignore the fact that my acid is acting up again. Grrrrr!!!!

Morning coffee does me in. I seem ok with afternoon coffee. I tried doing a chai latte tea made with vanilla premier protein this morning... eh still feeling acid nausea

• protein chai latte
  • eggs, protein apple muffins
  • salad w/chicken,
  • turkey on light rye, veggies
  • S: Greek yogurt, cantaloupe, protein

ex: active recovery- short day, not sure if at gym or at home.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

catwoman7
on 5/20/19 3:46 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I have the same issue (it was great being free from it for two years after RNY - but...it's back). Coffee is the worst offender for me as well, but I'm so addicted I can't/won't stop drinking it! I found a lower acid one that's easier on my stomach, but it still irritates it. Even water will irritate it sometimes, though.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?