Regain after Medical issues

crw4bama
on 5/20/19 12:33 pm - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12

I have regained 40 lbs but was good until Nov 2017 found out my back was broke in 2 areas so had to have spinal fusion I am 1 yr out of surgery so have been completely cleared now. Will be 7 yrs out in June I need help getting back on track

White Dove
on 5/20/19 3:37 pm - Warren, OH

It is never too late to start over. For me, I do the best with a structured plan like Weigh****chers where I have to stay accountable. The important thing is to set a goal and start working on it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

selhard
on 5/20/19 7:57 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Life events, like your back trauma, has the potential to throw off the best of intentions. Not everybody has the same resources at their disposal and not everybody has the same stamina. Living on a cattle farm, in addition to wildlife abound, really makes that observation apparent. If the animal world varies in health and well-being, of course, it varies in the human species even more so. White Dove is right to say it is never too late; what helps her is accountibility. What helps me to get back on track is to immerse myself in my well-being. It sounds and feels selfish, but it keeps me focused. Some examples: reading and watching self-help material, making weekly salon appointments, upgrading my wardrobe, choosing quality food products, and saying "no" to requests that used to be "yeses."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views