Whats on your Saturday menu RNYers?

karenp8
on 5/25/19 5:23 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Lily and I already have our long walk in. Since I didn't have to get hubby up early we decided to get it done in the coolest part of the day. We'll take two more walks later. QOTD what is your favorite holiday mine is Easter. It's just a reminder to me of hope and a great time spent with family. Accountability was spot on yesterday and weight is 123.4 today. I wish that number would move but I just have to hang in there. Here's the food for the day B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D 4 oz marinated pork chopsS if needed sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Have a great day full of healthy choices and enjoy your weekend!

catwoman7
on 5/25/19 6:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders! And thanks, Karen, for getting us started!

nothing on the agenda today. We were talking about going to a discount lighting warehouse in Milwaukee to look for an outdoor ceiling fan for our soon-to-be-built screened porch, but the rain is supposed to clear off and it's supposed to turn out to be a beautiful day, so DH is going to want to do some exterior painting or yardwork. There are too few days when it's both sunny and mild (i.e, not super hot and humid!) - so he wants to take advantage of it. I may run out and look for a maximum-support sports bra so I can start doing Zumba again soon. I doubt Zumba will bother my incisions (like pool activities and yoga might), but I don't want excessive gravity or jumping around doing a number on my BL. I'm really happy with it and don't want to ruin it!!

QOTD: Thanksgiving. It's the only holiday where we all get together other than Christmas, and there's not the stress involved (with gift-giving, etc). I often wish we celebrated Christmas more like we do Thanksgiving - just being with family and enjoying a special meal.

Accountability was good yesterday, but weight hasn't budged yet. Keep at it...

3 years 11 months out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 C homemade strawberry/rhubarb sauce (cooked down in SF Torani syrup), coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 2-3 oz deli turkey in a Flat Out Fold It (with reduced fat mayo and tomato)

AS: light yogurt with mango pieces or raspberries or raw veggies and ranch Greek yogurt dip

D: whipped & sweetened cottage cheese

ES: if needed, same as AS

you guys - I tried an Impossible Burger yesterday at lunch. I made sure to order one with a lot of "accessories" (in my case, avocado, tomato, cheese, bacon, and chipotle aioli) (btw - I just ate half of it given all those calories - DH had the other half for dinner). I've heard if you have them with a lot of fixin's, they seem more like real ground beef - so that's what I did. It was amazing!! I'm so happy I can enjoy hamburgers again! (I've avoided ground beef for years given all the E. coli outbreaks - it mostly hasn't been that difficult, but I've missed eating a good burger now and then! Now I can!!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 5/25/19 6:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

OMG you guys - the strawberry/rhubarb compote I put on my protein pancakes (along with a little plain Greek yogurt) turned out great! I'll have to make this all summer while there's good rhubarb and strawberries available! As I stated above, I just cooked them down in SF Torani syrup (2 of those 16 oz boxes of strawberries, halved or quartered (depending on size) and 1 lb of rhubarb, sliced into small pieces. I used the cinnamon vanilla flavored Torani). I also threw in a little extra (ground) cinnamon, some vanilla extract, and a little Splenda to taste once it was done cooking. It was good last night in the pan - but even better this morning after being refrigerated. This will be good on Greek yogurt, too - or vanilla Halo Top (which I rarely allow myself to have for fear of eating the whole pint at one sitting!!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 5/25/19 6:50 am - Brighton, IL

Yes,I always look longingly at the Halo Top in the stream but it has never been in my freezer and probably never should be ! I have absolutely zero moderation with sweets. That's why I have a ban on protein bars too. I want to eat them all the time and crave real sweets more too.

Melody P.
on 5/25/19 7:14 am - Amarillo, TX

I am so there too. Protein bars are more like candy bars to me!

Melody P.
on 5/25/19 6:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Looks to be a busy day here, 4 more days! I need to clean the house pretty good and vacuum the upstairs. My stomach has been upset for the past 4 days so that's been fun.

qotd:hmmmm i'd Say Christmas. Partly to the family thing...but also the moments of not having to do as much food prep wise. I'm the main cook in the house. Christmas we usually do lighter fare than Thanksgiving. It lets me enjoy it a bit more when i'm Not cooking the turkey or whatever else we decide to do on thanksgiving. Maybe that's laziness but it's the truth! I still enjoy baking but I don't partake in much of that at all.

m1:protein shake

m2:Greek yogurt

m3:protein shake

m4:cottage cheese

m5:protein shake

will probably have a few sf popsicle and/or shaved ice.

Amy Liz
on 5/25/19 6:40 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ I didn't sleep well last night then slept in until 6! I've had enough of our queen sizes older bed, so last night we ordered a King sized bed frame, mattress and sheets from Costco. Can't wait!

This morning we are taking the dogs to the park then I'm going to see Aladdin with my son this afternoon. We'll grocery shopping and BBQ later.

QOTD - I do love thanksgiving for the family and food plus, there are still 3 days off afterwards!! But I have to say Christmas is still my favorite! I love the build up - all the decorating, the shopping, the presents, baking, wrapping, the music, the parties, Christmas eve and morning, family dinner, all of it. It's just such a wonderful time of year - even at work!

Accountability - ? i had a few of hubbys gummy bears - just the clear pineapple ones he doesn't like and I don't'even like gummy bears.

B-coffee, coffee, coffee

l - eggbeaters w/cheese and hot sauce

d-BBQ chicken

s- beef jerky

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views