What's on your Monday(Memorial Day)menu?

karenp8
on 5/27/19 4:41 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Thanks to any of you who are ex military or have family members who served. I truly appreciate your sacrifice today and every day. Lily and I have taken our long walk already this am and will do 2 more at some point. Accountability was perfect yesterday with no extra bites. I even got my fluids in --100 ounces. Weight today is 123.2. Heres today's food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L P3 pack D4 oz ground beef patty with cheese no bun S if needed 2 oz pork rinds. Have a great day all filled with smart and healthy choices! Pics from walk this morning.

Patty R.
on 5/27/19 5:37 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Good morning Karen!

Accountability: off the rails yesterday. Not with "forbidden" foods, but just snacking ALL day, talking myself into it being OK because it was Protein. Today's a new day...

TSS 2 yr, 8 mo

B: coffee w/ sf coffee mate, egg, mushrooms, cheese

L: left over pork

D: Bunless cheese burger, onion slice, tomato slice

S: HM ricotta, Greek yogurt w/ blueberries

Be safe out there if traveling on this Memorial Day

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

catwoman7
on 5/27/19 6:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Did OK yesterday but feel like a bloated mess this morning - must have eaten too much sodium - or something. Ugh. A lot of fluids are on the agenda today to get this flushed out. It's beautiful outside now, but we're supposed to get some severe storms off & on throughout the day - so we'll probably hang around the house or maybe catch a movie. I'm glad we got out a lot the last couple of days to enjoy the beautiful weather!

I may have mentioned that I had an Impossible Burger the other day at a restaurant and was impressed. I'm sure most people could tell the difference between that and real beef, but boy, that was the best facsimile I've ever had. Texture was spot on - and with all the stuff I had on that burger (bacon, avocado, tomato, mayo, red onion), you probably couldn't really tell unless you were really paying attention. Anyway, I grilled some Beyond Burgers last night at home (Impossible Burgers aren't available in stores yet - just at restaurants). Beyond Burgers were good, too. I had lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, and some "Turkish seasoning" on mine. Great! I'm so happy. I haven't knowingly eaten ground beef in years due to Mad Cow and recurring E. coli breakouts. Overall that's been fine - but I do miss a good burger now and then. Now I can have them again! Calorie-wise, I think they're about the same as the real thing (270 kcal - although I don't know what real ones are since I don't eat them anymore). Protein is 20 grams per patty.

3 years 11 months out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 C homemade strawberry/rhubarb sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: deli turkey - maybe some string cheese as well

AS: light yogurt or protein pumpkin pie or raw veggies with hummus or ranch Greek yogurt dip

D: turkey burger (??) (I've had turkey burgers in my freezer forever. Might be good to grill some up to use up the rest of these "buns")

ES: same as AS if needed and if I can afford the calories

have a good day, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Laura A.
on 5/27/19 9:39 am - Portland, OR
RNY on 06/06/19

Good morning to everyone!

So, on medical advice, I am trialing the 'liquid diet' that I will be on the day before surgery. It was recommended in order to see how my blood sugar numbers will do on the day prior to surgery. With the amount of insulin that I am on, it is better to know beforehand. We'll see how it goes.

Accountability was okay yesterday. I had maybe a little more korma than I should have last night, but nothing major.

Waking: broth instead of coffee :(

B: protein shake

MS: yogurt

L: protein shake

AS: jello

D: protein shake

Lots of broth & water today

Activity: taking it easy today - hunger will be bad enough without boosting it.

5' 6" , 41YO, HW 320, SW 295.4, LW 147, CW 163, RNY 6/6/19, Dr. Jay Jan @LWDI

Persistence
on 5/27/19 10:03 am

Hi there, I'm still on the pouch reset plan and not having a problem...too much, with craving. Thanks for being here.

B: 1/2 c cottage cheese and 1/4 c sugar-free fruit

S: Premier Protein Shake (Chocolate)

L: 3 egg whites and 1/2 c spinach, onion, broccoli omelet

D: 2.5 oz. baked tofu and homemade clear-broth vegetable soup and 1 toast

S: 1 apple and 1 low-fat cheese stick

Maureen

Melody P.
on 5/27/19 10:12 am - Amarillo, TX

Yesterday was pretty awful...food wise I had a slip up & had a pinch of cheese. Mentally my mind is odd. Anyways...this is a new day and only 2 days until revision. Tomorrow is clear liquids only so no room for messing up. My stomach is incredibly upset today but we went and put flags out on our family members who served graves. I miss so many of them...esp my grandpa.

m1:protein shake

m2:protein shake w/coffee(decaf)

m3:1/2 cup fage yogurt

m4:protein shake

m5:unsure will edit it in later

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views