Chilly cow ice cream bars?

catwoman7
on 5/29/19 7:59 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I should do this again. They are great when they first come out of the ice cream maker, but they get too hard and icy if you then stick it in the regular freezer (that is, if you make more than one serving and freeze the rest to eat later). But then if I only made one serving at a time in the ice cream freezer, I wouldn't ever have any left over to stick in the regular freezer - so I'll just start doing one serving at a time from now on. Great idea!

catwoman7
on 5/29/19 8:04 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Chilly Cow is great - esp the brownie. Halo Top and Breyer's high protein ice/low cal ice cream are also really good. Fortunately, I'm able to control myself around these, but a lot of people can't. If I couldn't, I'd have to quit buying it. I just can't have stuff in the house that I'm likely to "abuse" - because I WILL abuse it...

if you're able to control how much of it you're eating, though, and able to work it into your macros and daily calorie limit, then there shouldn't be a problem having it around.

catwoman7
on 5/29/19 8:08 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. I don't think Halo Top or Breyer's high protein/low cal version has bars yet -- just regular ice cream. Although both are very good!

karenp8
on 5/30/19 3:04 am - Brighton, IL

I just can't tolerate sugar alcohols and have no moderation when it comes to sweets. That's how I ended up nearly 300 pounds! These just can't come into my house. I recently stopped using protein bars too for the same reason. They were so sweet and tasty that was all I wanted to eat. So NO sugar free treats here!

ScaleSkater
on 5/30/19 10:39 am
ScaleSkater
on 5/30/19 10:44 am

I should have just edited. My take is eat the real stuff once in a while, but only outside of the house. I find that sometimes my wife wants to go out for a dish of ice cream and then I'll find the lowest calorie version. But I can't keep anything in the house. I suck it up too fast. I was shocked recently I was able to eat a whole pint in a day. That stopped me in my tracks. Be careful. I now really only eat this type of stuff (without the fake sugars) on a few occasions. I was happy in FLA on vacation to find that Kilwin's had a greek yogurt flavor for only 180 calories per serving. I did enjoy that, but didn't bring it home.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?