Whats on your Saturday menu RNYers?

karenp8
on 6/8/19 4:12 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post for accountability today before I have to wake hubby and get ready to head to the museum. Yesterday we went to the village and had a great time seeing transplanted houses and shops, seeing tinsmiths,glassblowers and weavers working and riding in Model Ts,a steam engine train and in horse drawn carriages. We even rode a carousel made in 1913. We saw the Wright Brothers actual bicycle shop and Thomas Edisons workshops from Menlo Park. It was fun and lots of walking (12,242 steps) before the day was out. Since we ate out both meals and I didn't drink as much as I should my weight is 123.4 today. Lily and I have 60 minutes of walking in already and will do more tonight. Heres the food plan B 1/3 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L undetermined protein D 4 oz sirloin steak S if needed sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Have a great day full of healthy and conscious choices everyone! Pics are our transportation yesterday. The horses(Tom and Henry) are brothers and half Perchron and half thoroughbred racehorse.

catwoman7
on 6/8/19 4:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

Glad you had a good time at the museum, Karen - sounds like you went to the Greenfield Village part, too. I used to love that when I was a kid!

I had a really wonderful time meeting up with old friends in Rockford (IL) yesterday. Two sisters. One I see occasionally since she lives in northern Illinois, the other I have not seen since 1971. We had a fabulous time chatting at lunch (2.5 hours!) and then went thrift shopping, which we all love. I wish I could've spent the whole weekend with them!

I also found out that one of my closest childhood friends died early yesterday morning. It was not unexpected since she had been battling glioblastoma (a very aggressive brain cancer - same one John McCain and Ted Kennedy had) for the last 13 months or so. She's been in hospice for the last two weeks and had been incoherent and not eating for a few days, so I knew it was coming. But still, what a blow. Her daughter said they were going to talk to the funeral home this weekend about arrangements, but they're hoping to be able to hold the service next Friday or Saturday (they live in Ohio). If so, I will probably go. I just have a hair appt that weekend that should be easy enough to reschedule, and I'll be in Chicago Thursday morning for a PS follow-up appt, so I'll already be two hours into the trip. Hopefully they can do it that weekend - DH is out of town the following week, so it'd be harder to go then - but I'm going to try to make it regardless!! It's a long drive, but I think I would really regret it later if I don't go.

Accountability - weird food choices yesterday due to being away from home and eating out, but I still managed to stay within my calorie range. Weight was up a bit this morning, though - lots of water today!!! Also, my new self-cooling ice cream maker arrived yesterday. I already had an ice cream maker, but it's the kind where you have to freeze the bowl in your regular freezer for at least 24 hours before making ice cream. With this one, you just plug it in and it freezes while it runs - so it's a lot more convenient. I bought it because White Dove was talking about how she used to freeze her protein shakes into "ice cream". Since I still have to drink protein shakes (I need a lot of protein since I malabsorb it), I figured it might be a fun option. So now I can just dump a shake into the machine and a half hour later - voila! - ice cream.

4 years out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/3 C Greek yogurt and 1/2 C homemade fruit compote (no added sugar), coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: either deli turkey slices or whipped & sweetened cottage cheese topped with raspberries

AS: L&F yogurt and/or raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip

D: Beyond Burger

ex: probably 30 minutes on the stationary bike plus walking

White Dove
on 6/8/19 5:28 am - Warren, OH

I am so happy that you got the ice cream maker. I used to follow Dr Atkins and read all of his books. His secret to staying on his diet for life was the sugarfree ice cream his wife fixed for him every day.

His Atkins Diet used cream. When I made mine, I used skim milk and sugarfree cool whip for a richer taste. I also like BSN Syntra-6 protein powder in the vanilla ice cream flavor. I used my wine rack to hold bottles of sugarfree syrups. I always had at least eight flavors, but my favorite was Da Vinci sugar free syrup - cookie dough.

I just read lately that American's favorite ice cream flavor is now cookie dough. Some times I added chopped fruit or sugarfree chocolate chips right before taking it out of the freezer. I also used Whey Low in recipes for sorbets.

The best thing about making your own ice cream is the quantity that you can have. With things like Halo Cup, it might be 1/2 cup. When I got done with my protein shakes, I had turned one shake into two or more cups of ice cream.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/8/19 5:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I can't wait to try this - and I'd forgotten that you added SF Cool Whip, too - I'll do that. I have some in my fridge. I have to wait 24 hours to use it because I tipped it on its side to replace the little rubber foot thingie that came off when I took it out of the plastic bag (the instructions say if it's tipped or turned over, to wait 24 hours before using it). Also, for all I know, it may have gotten tipped on its side during shipping, too, so I probably would have waited the 24 hours regardless. So I'll have to wait until at least tonight to use it. Boo - because I can't wait to try it!!

Mary Gee
on 6/8/19 8:56 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I have an ice cream maker. Never used it. Can you share your recipe?

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

White Dove
on 6/8/19 10:40 am - Warren, OH

Just make a protein shake and throw it in the ice cream maker. I always add 1/4 cup of sugar free cool whip and process.

For lemon sorbet, I use this one, except I use the ice cream freezer instead of a regular freezer. I have had good results with substituting Whey Low for the Stevia.

https://www.splenda.com/recipes/icy-lemon-sorbet-recipe

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mary Gee
on 6/9/19 9:54 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Thanks, Will try it this afternoon.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Melody P.
on 6/8/19 6:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Not much planned this weekend. Might go watch some soccer games my nieces are having today if my tummy cooperates. I really hate going as there are something like 15 games going on in this huge field. With my anxiety the amount of people, esp kids, kind of freak me out. But I go for them...even if I have panic attacks...

food for today......

m1:protein shake

m2:yogurt

m3:protein shake

m4:cream of mushroom soup with unflavored protein powder

m5:pudding

m6:protein powder

Persistence
on 6/8/19 8:58 am

Maureen's "Get Back on Track" Bariatric Meal Plan

Breakfast

2 Protein 1 egg & 1 oz. turkey bacon

2 Starch 1 toast (Dave's Lite 60 cal. Whole Grain Bread)

1 Fruit ½ grapefruit

1 Fat ½ tsp ghee

Lunch

2 Protein: 2 ounces baked chicken

2 Vegetable 1 cup (cooked) asparagus

1 Fat 1 tsp ghee, butter

Snack

1 Milk ½ c (4 oz.) cottage cheese

1 Fruit ½ c canned no-added sugar (in juice) peaches

Dinner

2 Protein 2 ounces baked tilapia

2 Vegetable 1 cup (cooked) green beans

1 Fat: ½ tsp ghee

Greateight
on 6/8/19 11:10 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good afternoon, everybody! Late post for me, I was up early, read the paper, went to the gym, and picked up my son from his ACT's - just didn't get around to posting. Its a beautiful Spring day here. All of the leaves are on the trees now and everybody's lawn is lush from the rainy spring. We are going into Chicago to go to an Art Fair tomorrow, hopefully the nice weather holds

Trish, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

95 Burpees.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Snack: Popcorn

Lunch: Bratwurst

Snack: PB Fit

Dinner: Lamb

Have a great day, all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics