What's on your Wednesday menu,RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 6/12/19 11:20 am

New furniture is exciting! I hope your new bed and couch hit that perfect spot for comfort, rest, and relaxation!

Patty R.
on 6/12/19 12:21 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Sweet dreams

Librarian67
on 6/12/19 6:59 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Pictures of the new furniture on Friday please! It's so exciting!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/12/19 9:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Morning everyone! It's been a day, and a week, and it's only Wednesday. On the plus side, there was a car literally engulfed in flames on my drive in this morning and it wasn't my car so I guess I'm doing pretty well!

qotd - my NP mentioned it in May, I attended the very next informational session (July) and decided then and there. I did the barrage of intake assessments on August 4( they scheduled me for September but someone cancelled and I had told them to call me if there was a cancellation), then had to do the change program, meet the insurance requirements and had surgery 2/14 so about 8 months from first discussion to surgery.

accountability - off plan extra almonds yesterday, I was craving something crunchy/salty right before bed and thought it was a good choice.

menu today

coffee and half and half plus teal and water

b - cin raisin cottage cheese

l - 4 oz ever roast deli chicken, 1 slice cheddar

d 3 oz deli ham, L&F greek

i have to do a fireside chat tonight with a training class..at a local brewery. They are having a fried chicken food truck but I will be having my ham and L&F before leaving the office!

ex - will do some stretching but otherwise rest day

have a wonderful wednesday all

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 6/12/19 9:29 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Isn't fried chicken protein?! Kidding, sort of, but sometimes I do allow myself fried chicken :) It's not like I can eat enough chicken to do damage.

Fireside chats can go so well or be SO awkward. Have fun tonight!

Emiepie
on 6/12/19 9:37 am
RNY on 08/11/14

This week is long!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 6/12/19 11:24 am

I 'd probably have some chicken, but only if I could divest it of its fried crispy coating without looking ridiculous (or insulting the coo****ating beforehand is definitely the safer option!

catwoman7
on 6/12/19 9:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD: I'm sure I thought about it for 10 years. I went to a couple of info sessions during that time - and some kind of weight loss support group that was mostly people who'd had or were considering WLS. Then the last three or so years before I decided, my PCP brought it up every year during my annual checkups. She said she had the referral letter ready to go for whenever I decided I was ready. Finally, I was ready. I went to three or four info sessions led by different surgeons so I could 1) learn as much as I could 2) check out the surgeons. Once I settled on a surgeon, I had my PCP fax him the letter. I had to change insurance cos to one that covered WLS, so I used those few months to get my six-month supervised diet knocked out. So once I started in the program in January (2015), things moved pretty quickly (I had to wait until June for surgery, though - when school was out. But if it weren't for that, I could have had it in March - I'd completed all the requirements and classes by then)

artchikk
on 6/12/19 9:58 am, edited 6/12/19 3:00 am
RNY on 02/12/18

hey everyone, I made it in late again, but I am here.

I have to leave early again today to attend a visitation for my best friend's mother who passed away unexpectedly over the weekend due to complications with her MS...I just saw her the previous weekend at my friend's daughter's 5th birthday party and she looked great, so this was a total shock and I feel so awful for my friend. She was extremely close with her mom and I know this is going to be a super difficult time for her. I feel very helpless but I hope she reaches out to me when she is ready to talk and maybe plan a girls day/night so we can do something happy.

QOTD: I had briefly considered WLS for years off and on, but I wanted to be a mother more than anything so I knew getting pregnant/having a baby was not recommended for at least 18 months post op. We struggled with infertility for years and I yo-yo'd a lot with my weight trying to get healthy for pregnancy... My DH's PCP recommended surgery to him during my pregnancy but he had lost about 60 lbs on his own and was doing well at that time, so he didn't pursue it. I gained over 50lbs during my pregnancy and managed to lose it by using some crazy weight loss meds and following the HCG diet for a few months but gained it all back within 3 months after.
Once we made the decision to destroy our remaining embryo that was frozen, and not have any more kids, I called and scheduled an appointment for us both to attend a WLS seminar that same week...we saw the surgeon for a consultation about a week later (that was october 2017)...I got all the info for what we needed to do to get approved, called my insurance and found out I had already met most of the requirements besides 2 more visits with my PCP regarding supervised Weight loss/diet plan and the rest I waited to schedule til after the new year to apply to 2018's deductible.
I scheduled all my appointments (Dietician, pulmonary doc, psych eval, etc) in the first 2 weeks of January, and by mid-January I was approved and scheduled for surgery 2/12/18 and started my pre-op liquid diet on 1/28/18 so it was super fast because I was READY.
DH did his about 3 months later on 5/7/18.

Morning: Coffee w/sf coffeemate hazelnut creamer
B: low carb banana bread, small nectarine
L: chicken tikka masala w/peas, poblanos and cauliflower rice
AS: L&F greek yogurt or robert irvine fit crunch protein bar
D: 4oz angus beef burger w/bacon and cheddar in lettuce wrap.
ES: baby carrots/celery & 2tbsp hummus

ETA: OMG I totally forgot to mention that I made it to my GOAL over the weekend!! Just under 16 months Post op and I hit 150lbs on Sunday morning!! Next goal is going to be to 147 which will put me right at the high end of a normal BMI for my height. I was hoping to get there by my birthday on the 29th but I don't know if I can manage to lose another 3 lbs in the next 2 weeks...either way I am super happy!!

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Au_Contraire
on 6/12/19 11:29 am

Amber!!! Congratulations on making it to your goal! You are awesome (and beautiful)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views