Anyone have issues with body tremors???

Melody P.
on 6/14/19 12:11 pm - Amarillo, TX

i've always had a slight tremor esp when stressed outta my gourd. Since surgery these have become increasingly visible and harder to deal with. It's mostly on my left side that's the more visible but even my head is bobbling a bit.

i always chalked it up to my psych meds but i'm Not sure now. I'm having a hard time completing an order(I do chainmaille jewelry) and i'm a bit concerned.

i see my psychiatrist in a couple of weeks and my surgeon again next week and I plan on talking to both...just curious if others have this issue.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/14/19 1:46 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

If they were happening before surgery, probably not a correlation. If they were worse with stress before, it would kind of make sense that they might be worse now -- surgery recovery is a stress on the body even if you don't "feel" it the same way (ties to the exhaustion you've mentioned as well). Definitely talk to both your surgeon and the psych though -- they are there to help you!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 6/14/19 3:05 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! Will be talking to them for sure!

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/15/19 6:50 am

Get a very detailed blood work, vitamins and minerals. Low B12 or high B6 may cause symptoms you described.

After having really detailed blood work post op, i i saw that my B12 was always an issue. My body doesn't retain B12. It was probably like that even before RNY, but until my surgery, it was never tested. I probably was anemic and had relatively low B12 all my life.

Most labs list B12 as normal within "300-900". However a feel much better when my B12 is between 800-1500. I now get weekly B12 shots, to keep my B12 there. Sublinguals did not help me with that even when I took 5,000 mcg B12 a day, the active formula metylcobalmin. Only getting weekly shot helps me feel better.

Chronic low B12, beside causing anemia that can be reversed, can cause irreversible nerve damage. There are studies that show that in some people, B12 at 550 at below can cause the nerve damage. When I don't get B12 shots, my "typical" B12 is around 400. My doc didn't think I needed weekly B12, but seeing my bood results was good enough to show him I needed that. I get the script, and inject myself once a week.

High B6 can mimic low B12 symptoms, and cause nerve damage.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 6/15/19 10:00 am - Amarillo, TX

Wow! Thank you so much for responding. Such great info. I'm getting extensive blood work done Monday. Will be seeing my surgeon Thursday so i'll Be sure to discuss it with him!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 6/17/19 6:12 am - Burleson, TX

Throwing in additional thought, to the FABULOUS ones, already offered:

Perhaps meds being absorbed differently now. Sure happened, to me. I had to go thru MULTIPLE dosage changes, thru out weight changes, etc

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Lesyuill
on 8/4/19 8:53 pm

Just wondering if you are taking Lithium. My Mom took that and it caused tremors.

Ms_Janelle
on 8/6/19 4:13 pm

I had a slight tremor in my hands and head prior to my surgery in 2004, mine was classified as an "essential tremor" a neurological genetic tremor. I did not need any medication to control mine. My mother took meds for hers and got Botox injections. My sister has started medications as her's have progressed especially in her hands and being a Cardiac RN she needs very steady hands for intricate procedures . Mine have gotten a little worse, but not enough for medication. Stress does increase them, also lack of sleep and definately caffeine and dehydration.

I suggest you see a Neurologist and have a screening for tany of the Neurological reasons for tremors and especially if any family members also have them or your labs are within normal. But also because you had them prior to surgery.

Good luck

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 208 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views