Keto and Roux-en-Y

Kim Meeks
on 6/15/19 10:14 am - lubbock, TX

I had my RNY 12 years ago, i lost 15# and i've gained back about 40 in the past 5 years or so. I'm still 95 pounds under what i was when i had my procedure, and currently weigh just under 180#. It's a shame really, to have been through so much and have blown it - but, now i'm wanting to get back on track. A lot has happened over the past few years. Got a divorce, finished raising my kids and i'm about to be a grandmother - but, i dont want to look like an old fat granny. I dont mind aging and doing so with dignity, but i dont want to be fat.

i'm uncomfortable with my weight and have been kind of playing around with keto, but i have a hard time making myself eat that fat - and i CANNOT tolerate erythritol (I cant even spell it! LOL)

I'm looking for advice.

Kim

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Kim Meeks
on 6/15/19 10:21 am - lubbock, TX

EDIT: 12 YEARS AGO I LOST 135#

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Marilyn101
on 6/15/19 10:58 am - FL

I had my surgery in 2011, I lost 200 lbs my highest weight was 430. I restarted my new journey on February 14th 2019 and as of today have lost 31bs of the 73bs I had regain. It is not easy but seeing a nutritionist, relearning to use my tool, drinking plenty of water and making better choices have all played an intrical part in losing the regain weight I still have 42 lbs to go in order to reach my lowest weight of 230 lb which is my goal. I I have been calorie counting and walking also. . I am very optimistic that I'll be able to reach this goal and maintain it. I am sure that you can do the same. Don't be upset with yourself for the regain just focus on your new goal. I am sure you will be able to reach it.

Kim Meeks
on 6/15/19 1:41 pm - lubbock, TX

Thanks for your encouragement

it is very discouraging to gain weight after being quite slender. I appreciate your response. Best of luck to you!

Kim

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/15/19 5:47 pm, edited 6/15/19 10:48 am

Last year I dealt with a lot if stress, and some gut (Intestine ) issues that I medicated (both,) with too much alcohol. I used alcohol to help me deal with stress and help me digest the food and relax cramps when my gut was not happy with my food choices. I gained 30 lbs.

In September I had visit with my doc and he helped me get proper medication for anxiety, and later added one more for depression. That really helped me. I lost the 30 lbs in ,4 months. And I kept losing 10 more.

I am trying to heal my gut, so I removed foods that I am sensitive to, or allergic to.

I basically followed low carb Paleo diet together with IF. The IF (intermittent fasting) is mostly to help my insides, to let them have a break since I often need to eat before bed to prevent low BS in a middle of the night. I eat fat, but not like a standard keto dictate. I am not afraid of fat, and I eat nuts, avocado, or add butter to my dishes. I am not afraid of higher fat choices. But I can't stand the texture of meat fat, or gristle. I can eat fried chicken skin but only if it is supper crispy, some with bacon. I don't tolerate fatty cuts of meat - I had to trim the fat after cooking.

Right now I am maintaining around 140, when my personal goal is at 150. I am adding some foods that have higher carbs to slowly gain a few lbs. The IF really helps my intestines, and u still have good restriction, and I still experiance dumping, so adding extra calories is not as easy as it can be when I don't drink any alcohol, don't eat high sugar desserts, and only eat between ,1-2 pm until 8-9 pm.

If you are determined and dedicated, you can lose it.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Persistence
on 6/18/19 6:59 pm

You are not alone. My surgery was in 2010. Personally the pure Keto diet is just toooo much fat for me. I am restarting after a regain of about 35 pounds. I have lost ten just following the 3-meals a day (protein snack about 8PM), eat protein first and then the veggies, like broccoli, and trying to get in my water. I don't think I could do the fasting as my blood sugar dips into the toilet since the surgery. Fats and sugar send me running to the bathroom if I eat too much. Send me a note if you want to buddy up for encouragement. We are all here for you!

Bitmoji Image Maureen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views