So sorry for your loss.

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Patty R.
on 6/19/19 6:17 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Good Morning!

Parents are home from Canada for doc appointments, so I'm off with them today

QOTD: still searching for something since yard work/pool care/gardening are gone. I do read and surf on the laptop to keep my hand busy, but need something more. That with my house plants for gardening aren't enough.

TSS 2yr 9mo

B: coffee w/sf coffee mate, oatmeal w/ sliced strawberry

L: ? out

D: some protein picked up today

S: hm yogurt, superfruit spread

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Melody P.
on 6/19/19 7:15 am, edited 6/19/19 5:33 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning!

qotd: I make jewelry mostly out of chainmaille.

my stomach is very choppy this morning.

M1:PP shake sf creamer.

M2:shredded chicken

M3:PP shake

M4:Maybe chicken but it's not sitting all to well today

M5:PP shake

M6:really not sure if there will be one.

Au_Contraire
on 6/19/19 3:32 pm

Feel better!

Sheila_H
on 6/19/19 7:44 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning menu family!

Yesterday was such a morale booster for me. Met with the surgeon for my two year checkup. This guy is one of the best surgeons in the area but has zero bedside manner. He walks in the room and tells me I look like a model! I don't know if he tells all his patients but I tuned fifty shades of red (with my olive skin) and started mumbling. For such a taciturn guy to compliment me I was very flattered. Then his coordinator asked me if I had done plastic surgery because I had minimal extra saggy skin. As I said, don't know if it's the policy of the office to compliment their patients or if they were serious but I was on cloud 9 after all this. And to top of off I spoke at the orientation for new patients. Really felt the connection with the audience and they asked me a ton of questions.

QOTD: I knit and crochet while listening to books on audible. Heaven on earth; doing all my favorite things at the same time.

My meals for the day:

• Coffee, coffee, and more coffee
  • Eggwich
  • Trader Joe's chicken fajitas
  • Yogurt or parm cheese

Have a great hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 6/19/19 5:52 pm

What a lovely day! And I'm telling you, you are gorgeous, Sheila - and clearly your surgeon agrees (shows he has eyes, as well as skills)!

Sheila_H
on 6/19/19 6:39 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Amy Liz
on 6/19/19 8:31 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone~ No gym again yesterday. I had such a horrible low back/hip pain that I made an appt with my chiropractor on Friday to adjust my hips, they keep popping in and out so no gym until I am better. I don't want to make things worse. Ugh. I'm hoping they can get me in sooner, so if someone would please cancel that'd be great! My therapy appt was interesting. She is really helping me with all sorts of personal issues and I'm getting positive results, but when I brought up my weight gain and struggle to get and stay on track she lost me. Her responses were so simple, too simple and that irritated me. Then I started wondering if I just make everything more difficult than it is and overthink everything to death and could it just be that simple? Eating/food - It's not an emotional feeling to fight, its a practical decision to make. Is it that simple? Huh. On the lines of being a machine, I get it, but when you are stuck in a emotional state w/low resolve, how do you get out? Is it just a decision? Last night I decided not to snack and it was a struggle, but I didn't snack. I'll keep making these decisions as best I can.

QOTD - In my down/free time I love to shop online. I don't always buy, but my shopping carts are always full! I also love to balance my bank account, bill plan and play with my spreadsheet. Weird I know, but It calms me. I like watching movies and binge watching my favorite shows too - its very relaxing.

Accountability - great!

b- coffee w/hh and splenda, L&F yogurt

l-albacore tuna, salad mix, mayo+balsamic vinegar

d-eggbeaters and salsa

s - whisps

725/74/25

Have a great day

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Sheila_H
on 6/19/19 9:16 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Amy, I encountered this problem way before WLS. I was going to a therapist who told me the same thing about food relation. I asked her if she had ever had weight problems. For a naturally slim person it's very hard to understand the emotional connection we have to food. I'm not suggesting for you to change therapist but sometimes it's good to talk to someone who has been there or who has dealt with a lot of patients with that problem. The NUT who runs my support group is one of those, thin all her life but because she's been seeing SMO and MO patients for a long time she is more in-tune with our problems.

It might get easier for us the more time goes by and the more we stick to the program but it's our drug of choice. We might fall back into it and just because food is not illegal doesn't mean it's less hard to get out of the vicious cycle.

Hang in there, my friend!

Amy Liz
on 6/19/19 9:58 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I ended up thinking I need to just try this. Just do it. Maybe break it down further than her simple suggestion. It was almost insulting at the time - I was floored really. But maybe there is something here. It is a vicious cycle and totally my drug too! The further out from surgery the more I've been able to enjoy food in general. It's easy to slide back into old habits. So, sticking to the program, one choice, one action, one day at a time until it gets easier is all I can do.

Thank you, Sheila

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views