I'm back, with a familiar story

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/21/19 8:37 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Don't worry about protein shakes. You should be able to get all the protein you need from things like lean meats and dairy. :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

White Dove
on 6/21/19 8:53 am - Warren, OH

When I went back to the nutritionist with regain, I asked about protein shakes and was told absolutely not. Protein shakes are beneficial if you are just out of surgery and cannot eat enough foods to get protein in. Some people eat a lot more, but you only need about 40 grams a day.

That is what I normally eat and have never had low protein. I have been a lifetime member of Weigh****chers since 1973. I never thought I would go back after surgery, but was wrong about that. I currently do it online and pay about $14 a month. I track using their points and they send me the little charms when I drop ten pounds.

For me, it is what keeps me motivated to lose. I will be 12 years out in October and currently 8 pounds over my goal, but in January was 29 pounds over goal. The program allows me to eat a lot of "free" foods like salad, tomatoes, peaches, pineapple, oranges, apples, chicken breast, eggs, corn, peas, beans and many other foods. I have 23 points a day and many days am still at zero at suppertime.

I weigh daily and record my weight for Weigh****chers weekly. The fact that I am paying guilts me into being compliant.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teena D.
on 6/21/19 9:53 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Interesting about Weigh****chers. I did try it late last year but wasn't so crazy about it. I am now trying 2B Mindset which is a Beachbody program. The fact that I paid for it keeps me going back to it. I was looking through some old posts about regain and in 1 it said that there can be a 3 week stall when starting to get back on track. That was a hood reminder to me as I was getting frustrated too quickly.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

White Dove
on 6/21/19 11:20 am - Warren, OH

I did 2B Mindset last summer, was not successful with it, and then started Weigh****chers in January. 2B is excellent program, but did not result in weight loss for me. 30 oz of water before meals and taking pictures of my plate were my best things from that program.

I had weight loss surgery and lost the excess weight, but I still have to be on a program to keep from going back to obesity.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 6/21/19 3:17 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You can do this! You're worth it. You might have to white knuckle through a rough few days or so but know you CAN!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

seattledeb
on 6/23/19 4:39 pm

I gained when not posting.

About binging. I can do that with simple carb. Never with meat.

I could eat my weight in club crackers.

Welcome back.

Loril1963
on 6/24/19 5:00 am
RNY on 10/28/16

Teena! Welcome back, of course no judgement. You didn't screw up, it's a journey. I agree protein forward for sure. Shakes are a good way, but dense protein fills you longer. Looking forward to seeing your posts

Kathleen W.
on 6/25/19 1:31 pm - Lancaster, PA

Teena, I'm glad you're back. Don't worry about the weight regain. It's more common than you think. Be proud of what you're accomplishing. Be proud that you caught it when you did. It takes courage to admit that you messed up. You can so do this. Be happy the you have the knowledge of how to handle it. Just for the record, I regained 43 pounds and am in the process of losing it. Down 22 and 21 to go.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 518 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views