What's on your Saturday menu, RNY'ers?

Au_Contraire
on 6/22/19 2:47 pm

Hi all! Happy Saturday!

It's chilly and drizzling (drizzling implies larger droplets than is really accurate - it's the finest rain imaginable, but still, it's wet) here in the PNW. I have tights, jeans, Uggs, and a sweater on and I'm still cold!

I tried posting yesterday but my internet service is not reliable here, and I wasn't able to get on in anything remotely approaching daylight. So I figured I'd wait.

My weight this morning, like yesterday, is 125.2. That is exactly my final goal weight (well, 125 is, anyway), and there is a special fierce kind of joy I feel when I hit that mark. I've been hovering just barely over it for a few months, though I hit it a few times. When I was around 140 I liked my face, then when I dropped below 130 my face started looking thinner than I wanted. And I woke up one morning with a brand new enormous wrinkle - overnight a little pad of fat by my mouth disappeared, and left the biggest wrinkle I have in its place - bizarre! Also I noticed that the skin around the outside of my eyes becomes more crinkled now when I smile - before I had less of that and a little more padding and softness there. But somehow it seems to have all balanced out a little this week, and I'm more happy (happy enough anyway) with both face and body (though I definitely need plastics and will get them in a bit).

My brother saved his neighbor's life, quite literally, on Father's Day - he would be dead if not for my wonderful brother. I am proud of him.

First: coffee with cashew milk and SF syrup

B: TJ's Italian style turkey meatloaf

L: ham

D: tuna, green salad

S if necessary: plain nonfat Greek yogurt, blueberries, SF, zero-carb syrup

I tried a new (to me, anyway) Jordan's Skinny Syrup called "Unicorn Dreams" - it's an odd, perfumey, berrylicious flavor that I won't repurchase, but it works ok with yogurt and berries. It reminds me of a pre-teen's lip balm. By mistake, I put some in my first cup of coffee this morning - trust me when I tell you this was a rude awakening! Down the drain went that My Little Pony mess. Yuck!

Have a great weekend, my friends!

catwoman7
on 6/22/19 4:41 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

If it were me, I'd use it to cook down things like berries to make a compote. I use SF syrups for that instead of sugar. Since berries kick out a lot of water while cooking, you don't need a lot of it - just enough to get the sweetness right. It won't be enough that you can taste a crappy syrup.

Au_Contraire
on 6/22/19 5:49 pm

That sounds like a good idea! Plus the vision-preserving compounds in blueberries and bilberries, when cooked, are made more available to our systems. Presumably, despite our altered physiologies, our vision still can benefit.

Melody P.
on 6/22/19 5:17 pm - Amarillo, TX

Good evening all.

my day has been full of crappy choices up until 3 hours ago. The hormones are coming at me hard and my mood is cycling a lot today. I got the results from my CT scan earlier this week and that's been weighing on me too. Mostly that I have a cystic lesion on my right ovary and that ovary is enlarged to boot. I'm one who's mind goes through all the possibilities...esp the bad ones. Not being able to keep my mind busy or hands has really threw me out of wack. I get my right eye fixed up Tuesday and boy will I be glad!

m1:PP shake

2:coffee and cheese w/stew that was puréed

3:crushed frito corn chips(stupid me...)

4:peanut butter, about 2 tsps and 4 pretzels...another bad choice

5:chili with turkey and 1tbs of shredded cheese

6:sf pudding & lots of water.

790 calories in total for everything. I chewed it for what felt like forever but my carbs were higher than I care to admit.

i feel rather stupid but I can't live in my bad choices...just learn from them. I went and exercised. Not hard but at least something to get my heart rate going a bit. 28 mins total.

tomorrow is a new day.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 414 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 100 views