Whats on your Monday menu RNYers?

karenp8
on 6/24/19 4:20 am - Brighton, IL

Here we are again! Lily and I saw a beautiful sunrise today as we did a nice long 1 hour walk. We'll do at least 2 more walks today. Yesterday's total was 1 long and 3 short walks. Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise and weight is 122.6. Not enough coffee for QOTD so feel free to add. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L P3 pak D 4 oz grilled lamb burger with cheese no bunS if needed hummus with 4 pretzels. Haven't been needing the snack the last few nights though. Need to make sure to get at least 100 ounces in as work will be very busy and to stay away from the break time snacks! Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices everyone !

catwoman7
on 6/24/19 5:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Well DH's flight yesterday afternoon was delayed....and delayed..and delayed - and now he's finally leaving ATL in just a few minutes. The flight he was supposed to be on was coming from Columbia, SC, and evidently they had a lot of rain there. Too bad he didn't find out until after 1:00 a.m. that the flight wouldn't be until 8:00 this morning - he would have gotten a hotel room. Sleeping in an airport is no fun - been there!

I went to breakfast with my neighbor yesterday and ordered Swedish pancakes. And ate them all. I was pretty careful the rest of the day and ended up at 1800 kcal exactly. Not horrendous for me since I can maintain on 1700, but I was hoping to be around 1500 for the awhile until I can get back down under 150 lbs again (153 this morning...I was 152.2 yesterday morning). So...boo. I do have some jars of lingonberries at home, so I can always make my own ....or at least a facsimile....of Swedish pancakes using my protein pancakes, which are much safer. This week is going to be an eating challenge. I have two receptions late this afternoon and early evening, and I'm sure there will be food at both. Lunch out tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. Cripes.

4 years out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt and some kind of fruit compote (I have three choices in the fridge - all with no added sugar) - or lingonberries!, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with diced chicken breast and light balsamic vinaigrette

AS: I'd better eat something semi-filling before these receptions so I don't blow it. Maybe raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt (raw veggies sometimes irritate my stomach - perfect!!!). Or maybe some nut butter on thin rice/quinoa cakes

D: ??

ex: I was hoping to go to a gentle yoga class at 9:00 am, but I'll be at the airport getting DH. Hopefully there's similar class later on this morning or early this afternoon - if not, I'll go to the gym. It looks like rain again, otherwise I'd walk

have a great day, all!!

Liz J.
on 6/24/19 6:56 am
DS on 11/29/16

OMG! I love Swedish Pancakes! They are one of my favorites!! Where did you get your jars of loganberries? Now I want to hit IKEA...

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

catwoman7
on 6/24/19 7:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

We have a pretty comprehensive grocery store in town that carries them... they have them in the canned fruit aisle (although the lingonberries come in jars) as opposed to the international food aisle or the jelly/jam aisle. But i bet Ikea would have them for sure! You can probably get them online as well... and yes, i love Swedish pancakes, too!!!

Liz J.
on 6/24/19 7:20 am
DS on 11/29/16

I'm going to look at Ikea and the International food store near me, one of them has to have some that I can eat! I'm allergic to corn and corn products, so no corn syrup or HFCS for me. My allergies make it harder to find stuff but the HFCS isn't good for anyone.

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Greateight
on 6/24/19 6:02 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody. I slept almost 8 hours last night, which is the longest I have slept in ages. Of course just in time for the workweek. I am running late this morning, now. Although last week I woke up at 5:00 one morning and still managed to miss my 8:30 train. I guess I am easily distracted.

After soliciting advice from you ladies and doing extensive research as to the perils of Dad jeans, I decided to just try a couple of different brands to see which I like the best. So they should be arriving this week. I think that some of them have to be pulled out of stores and shipped. Then for the ones that I like, I will have to get the legs hemmed because they are all 34 or 35.

I will circle back tonight for QOTD.

Breakfast: Bratwurst

Snack: Ostrim meat stick

Lunch: Chicken

Dinner: Shrimp

Have great day, all.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Au_Contraire
on 6/24/19 9:08 am

Can't wait to see pics of you in your cool new jeans, Jim!

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/24/19 10:36 am

My guy have serious issues with buying jeans online. Same type, same size and same length, they can fit very differently from shipment to shipment. For every 3 he gets, he has to send back at least 1. Be aware of that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Greateight
on 6/24/19 5:09 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Thanks, Hala!

If I can keep 2 out of 3 that's a good start.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

bethmal
on 6/24/19 6:16 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning Karen and Menuers,

The weekend was a whirlwind of fun. The weather was perfect and the picnic was fantastic. I actually got to enjoy my guests and have fun!

Accountability was all-over-the-place but the scale is holding rock steady for a week now at 159. I just wanted to be out of the 160s so badly and now I can really focus on me and my next goal. Why am I so hung up on a number on a scale?

TSS is 1 year and 5 months/159 pounds

B: soft boiled egg and slice of bacon

MS: cookies and cream protein shake

L: chopped salad with chicken thigh

AS: watermelon with feta and fresh basil

D: with smoked turkey or smoked pork leftovers and zucchini

120+ ounces of fluid and all vitamins!

Have a great day!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?