What's on your Saturday menu, RNY'ers?

catwoman7
on 6/29/19 4:10 am, edited 6/29/19 4:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin', Weekenders!

Quick one here for accountability.

Yesterday was exhausting. I'll leave it at that. This morning a friend and I are going to my sunrise yoga class, then we'll set up shop at a coffee place to finish up our organization's Web site and season welcome letter the rest of the morning (she discovered this new coffee shop in a small town about 30 minutes from here - "the Lingonberry Llama" - love it! They have a couple lingonberry pastry items so I'll have to be careful!! I'm having a love affair with lingonberries these days...). DH and I were going to wash and wax the kitchen floor today, but I'm not sure we'll have time. We're headed to Chicago tomorrow (PS follow-up appt on Monday morning - and meeting up with Jim (aka Greateight) for lunch!!), so it might have to wait until July 4.

accountability wasn't horrible yesterday but could have been better (1811 calories - my limit is 1700). It was that lunch out, of course. I got the spaghetti made with zoodles, and the lunch-size portion was very reasonable, but it was the bread (one piece) dipped in olive oil, the salad dressing on the side salad, and the Italian sausage (on the spaghetti) that put me over. Why does everything have to be so damn fattening????? At least there aren't as many meals out this upcoming week. I can get back on track. At least my weight is still OK.

four years out:

B: probably just yogurt with fruit or homemade fruit compote (I don't like eating a big breakfast before yoga), coffee with half & half

MS: more coffee. Maybe a protein bar (I'll be sure to pack one so I won't be too tempted by pastries)

L: deli turkey slices or salad with chopped chicken breast & light balsamic

AS: light yogurt

D: whatever I don't have for lunch, I'll have for dinner. Chicken and turkey don't last forever..

ex: yoga. Maybe something at the gym later on

have a great Saturday!!

Librarian67
on 6/29/19 4:16 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Well, it looks like Trish hit submit before I did but pasting my post in below:

Morning all! Not sure if I'll beat Karen to the post but thought I'd get things started since I'm up....

I'm sitting on my porch with coffee #1 and 4 cats (one won't come out) and enjoying the moments of quiet and not-so-hot before the day starts. I need these quiet moments alone for my sanity and I'm glad that today is starting with a few. Pondering all the things that I "should" be doing, like cleaning, laundry, overtime for work, running, etc.

QOTD: just wondering, do you take time just for yourself each day or week? What do you do? What do you get out of it?

It's really hard for me between work, commuting, caregiving, exercise, taking care of the house/yard and now training, to make that quiet time. Unfortunately when I don't insist on it, I struggle mentally, emotionally and physically. Note to self: schedule the time!!

Accountability: yesterday I was really hungry all day. I ate on-plan foods, just more of them than I usually do.

Menu:

B: coffee #1 w/ Miralax, iced coffee #2 w/ CarbMaster milk & Isopure C&C protein shake

S: CarbMaster yogurt

L: hoping for salad bowl from Mezeh

S: Lactaid cottage cheese w/berries & slivered almonds

D: hoping for fish tacos...yum!

Exercise: probably a day off unless we brave the crowds and go swimming!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 6/29/19 4:25 am, edited 6/28/19 9:26 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

whoops! Sorry, Janet!!

QOTD: early mornings are my quiet time since I'm usually up between 5:00 and 6:00 and DH usually doesn't get up until after 7:00. I also have time during the day when I'm not running around doing things. When I'm stressed, I usually escape to my bedroom and get on my computer. I guess that's my addiction now - although sometimes I worry that I'm wasting too much of my life on this thing!!! I do need a lot of downtime, though - I seem to get stressed easily when I have too much going on. Thank God I'm not working any more - I think that would put me over the edge! Not sure how I did it for all those years with all the other stuff I manage to get myself involved in!

karenp8
on 6/29/19 5:14 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Slept in an extra 30 minutes today but Lily and I already have a long walk in. We'll do another short and another longer walk at some point today. Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise and weight is 122.4. QOTD my knitting and walking are my "me times". They help me relax and refocus my mind. I get scatterbrained when I don't get that time! Here's the food plan B2/3c earnest eats hot cereal L 4oz chicken salad D 4 oz pork chops(nearby church is having a pork chop dinner). Have a wonderful day full of healthy and smart choices everyone!

Amy Liz
on 6/29/19 6:22 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning weekenders! I haven't been posting on weekends for while, but I really need the accountability. Today we are taking the dogs to the park, the gym for yoga, errands, cleaning, BBQ and a movie tonight. Should be a beautiful sunny day! If my back and hips are feeling better tomorrow I really want to hike, if not a long walk will do.

QOTD - My me time is a must for mental health. I write/journal everyday. Any exercise/gym time too and as much as I don't like my work commute I do enjoy the time to myself. Therapy is me time, so is zoning out binge watching my favorite shows.

Accountability - stupid almonds - weight the same as yesterday

2 years, 7 months

b-coffee x 100, L&F greek yogurt

l-chicken breast, salad, caesar dressing

d-BBQ pork ribs

s- SF fudgsicle

e-yoga

Have a great day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Melody P.
on 6/29/19 8:24 am, edited 6/29/19 9:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Yesterday was awful but today is a new day.

qotd:I do have a lot of alone time. Sometimes that?s a bad thing. I get lonely a lot as I have no local friends to do stuff with. I?d say listening to music is my ?me? time.

m1:PP shake

m2:chicken breast with ranch yogurt dressing 1/4 cup cauliflower

m3:turkey breakfast sausage 1 egg

m4:Italian zucchini meat loaf

m5:1/2 cup fage 0% plain yogurt

m6:looks like nothing else

Greateight
on 6/29/19 10:18 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, (or afternoon) everybody. We have warm glorious sunshine on an actual Saturday! We did obstacle course at our gym today. I thought today might be the day that I could do the rope climb, but I'm not there yet. I will keep working at it.

With the better weather, I am going to strip and sand the doors that go to my screen porch. That job would go quicker if my children helped but I'm not holding my breath. Barbecue place for a late lunch and Hobbitt movies tonight.

QOTD: quiet time is usually my reading time on the train. I so much prefer the train to driving.

Breakfast: Turkey sausage and cottage cheese

Snack: Meat stix

Lunch: Probably pork

Snack: PB Fit

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Au_Contraire
on 6/29/19 1:57 pm

Hello my RnY pals! Happy Saturday!

Just a quick late post today to say hi. My weight today is 125.2. Feeling good. However, dating is hazardous between one thing or another, whether it is restaurant meals, bottles of wine being pushed, someone pushing for exclusivity or even for marriage OMG SLOW DOWN - WAY TOO FAST, or sex (you want it, at least with one of them, but wow do you ever wish plastics had been done and the scars faded already - Cripes! It's really a challenge). You old married folks don't know how lucky you are not to be dealing with this stuff now. Trying to see it as fun instead of crazy-making. Mostly it's fun. At least, partially fun. I just wish guys knew how to take it a little slower when it comes to it all.

QOTD: I read, or draw, or walk. I need a pretty liberal dose of alone time to stay in balance.

FIrst: coffee

B: roast beef

L: ham, a little cheese

D: Nonfat plain Greek yogurt with blueberries

Enjoy your Saturday, my friends!

catwoman7
on 6/29/19 9:23 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

so some guy wants to get married already? You must be dating my brother! I keep telling him to slow down - I think he scares women off!!

Au_Contraire
on 6/30/19 2:21 am

Yeah, it really can be too much. But this is my life. I don't know why. It happens this way. The guys around me now are actually pretty great! I am, in fact, lucky. I just get very, very nervous if men pressure me too much, so I ask for time and the opportunity to get to know each other. If they pull back a bit it's so much more comfortable.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics