Bi-Polar disorder and RNY

Melody P.
on 7/3/19 3:44 pm - Amarillo, TX

I am curious to know of other's experiences with RNY while dealing with bi-polar.

I find myself really struggling as of the past week. The BED seems to be slamming me hard too. I go the 9th to get a med adjustment. It seems so far away.

I am also struggling with the eye sight situation. I can't keep my hands busy like I usually do and i'm waiting for some special things to clip on my glasses to help me see close up better.

Mostly I'm just frustrated to tears about this all. I don't have a friend I can talk to about any of it. I find myself the past few days feeling rotten because of poor food choices.

I know this is all kind of rambling but i'm just tired and need someone to hear me.

Greateight
on 7/3/19 4:18 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Hi Melody. I don't have any expertise, but I do want you to know that I am thinking about you. I know that you have been through a lot in the last months with your revision and eye surgeries. Please know that everybody on the board cares about you. Jim.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Melody P.
on 7/4/19 10:44 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you Jim, that's means a lot to me!

Cris1976
on 7/3/19 6:42 pm, edited 7/3/19 11:43 am

Melody,

I have mental problems associated to WLS. My journey dont is easy, but I'm better with medications and especializad bariatric psychologist.

If you need, I can talk with you. I can speak with you about your mental problems.

Dont have shame. Your life is important.

Melody P.
on 7/4/19 10:48 am - Amarillo, TX

I see a new therapist that specializes in bariatric & eating disorders next Tuesday. i'm looking forward to it. I just have had a hard few weeks.

I do try meditation but my mind jumps around from thought to thought I have a hard time with it.

thanks for your reply!

Cris1976
on 7/6/19 11:09 am

Melody,

An nice day for you today.

How you are feeling?

I send positive vibrations fot your heart.

Melody P.
on 7/6/19 2:03 pm - Amarillo, TX

I'm feeling a bit better but tired. Ugh the tiredness! Thanks :)

Cris1976
on 7/6/19 2:10 pm

Great, Melody.

You fell better and can fight.

We are here with you.

The tiredness will desaoear son because now you fight againt the troughts.

Cris1976
on 7/3/19 6:47 pm

Melody,

I forgot: meditation tecnics are medicines for me. Can you practice meditation?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/3/19 8:48 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

As you lose weight rapidly, you'll experience the infamous "hormone dump." (Estrogen is stored in fat cells, so when you lose weight, it all goes flooding out into your system.) That can really screw with your mental health on top of your bipolar. I really struggled with it and had to adjust my meds several times within the first year, since I have bipolar II.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 570 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 277 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 460 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 376 views
Recent Topics