What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

JuniperBerry
on 7/10/19 3:44 am, edited 7/10/19 3:54 am - MA

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday was awesome. I had a really nice time at the ballgame, the beach, and the drive in. What a perfect summer day :) Another great one planned for today! I am heading up to Rockport MA, one of my favorite little New England beach towns. I planned for fish tacos for dinner, because I am 99% sure we will end up at a fish place for dinner, but who knows, for sure??

I am still trying to decide between job offers. They are so different--one is kind of adventurous & unknown, and the other is pretty stable and maybe a little boring. There are serious pros and cons to both. So much pressure to decide since they will take my life in wildly different directions. I hate these crossroads, but feel very lucky to have the choice...

QOTD: What was your favorite childhood toy? We watched Toy Story 4 last night and it made me nostalgic for my favorite doll. You could pull a string on her back and her ponytail grew or retracted. She was pretty creepy and my family joked about her being the female Chucky for a long time. When my parents had a house fire everyone jokingly blamed Chrissy, lol. But I loved her!

Accountability: Meh. I ate what I planned, and did my exercise, but I ate a few French fries at the game, and a handful of m&ms and popcorn at the drive in. Not a total disaster but not on plan, either? Better today!

Exercise: I am going to the gym this morning! It's been awhile since I stepped foot inside, so I will explore and probably do some spinning.

• 4'11"
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200
  • High Weight before RNY: 160
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110
  • Maintenance Weight: 120
  • CW: 130 (and dropping... thank you Keto!)
  • below goal in 9 months

karenp8
on 7/10/19 4:00 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning JB and menu peeps! Supposed to be hotter with possible rains here in Illinois so in a few minutes Lily and I will head out for our first walk and will do 2 more later today if possible. QOTD my hairless Barbie--actually she had 8 different wigs.. I always loved changing the length,style and color of her hair. It kept me busy for many hours. Accountability was mediocre yesterday-'steps were good but there were too pecan sandies eaten that were not needed. I'll do better today choice wise. Here's the food plan B2/3c earnest eats hot cereal L tuna packet with 1 t may and relish D good protein when we go out maybe fish or an omelet. Have a great day full of smart and conscious choices everyone!

JuniperBerry
on 7/10/19 5:36 am - MA

Ha! I have never heard of a bald Barbie. That sounds amazing. I want to see her wig collection!

• 4'11"
  • below goal in 9 months

catwoman7
on 7/10/19 4:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm having coffee with a friend later on this morning. Then, around noon-ish, that guy from Turkey who stayed with us for a few weeks back during the winter is catching the bus to O'Hare to fly back to Turkey - six months earlier than planned. He was never really happy here. I think he just doesn't deal with change very well, and he was pretty homesick. I'm still a bit miffed that he pretty much dumped us after he started meeting other Turkish graduate students, esp given all we did for him, but I'm feeling like maybe I should go to the bus stop to say good-bye. I don't know. We'll see what I'm feeling like later on this morning. He did mention when I last saw him about three weeks ago (after over a month of no communication at all) that he was leaving and hoped I would come to see him off, so maybe I should (I should add that we were very happy when he started meeting other people from Turkey - and people his age to boot - as that was the plan - but we were NOT expecting him to leave us in the dust like that, pretty much cutting us completely off - sheesh!)

anyway, nothing else formal planned, but I have a lot of little stuff I need to get done today. And hopefully exercise, too!

accountability has been good the last couple of days. Just waiting for my weight to float back down again....(it's happening - but slowly...)

QOTD: We loved our Hoppity Hops. And my Spirograph - I remember playing with that for hours! I also loved Creepy Crawlers - and Easy Bake Ovens. My friends all seemed to have those, but not us, for some reason. Maybe my parents were afraid of safety issues? Not sure. I was envious!

4 years 1 month out:

B: blueberry protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain yogurt and blueberry/rhubarb sauce (no added sugar), coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: turkey taco meat with lettuce, plain Greek yogurt, tomatoes, and salsa

AS: light yogurt or raw veggies dipped in ranch Greek yogurt

D: sushi

ex: I don't think there were any yoga classes of interest today - so something at the gym - even if it's just the stationary bike!

have a great day, everyone!

bethmal
on 7/10/19 5:12 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Sorry to read about your Turkish friend. You put so much time and effort into making him comfortable and making him feel welcome. You have a good heart and there are not many people who would do what you did!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Greateight
on 7/10/19 4:20 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Can't imagine that your handful is that big, though.

Jim Age 53 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

World Class Fitness in 100 Words: Eat meats and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, Clean, Squat, Presses, Clean & Jerk, and Snatch, Similarly master the basics of gymnastics: Pull-ups, Dips, Rope Climb, Push-ups, Sit-ups, Presses to Handstands, Pirouettes, Flips, Splits and Holds. Bike, Run, Swim, Row, etc. hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.

JuniperBerry
on 7/10/19 5:38 am - MA

I didn't say whose hand, did I?

• 4'11"
  • below goal in 9 months

supershopper
on 7/10/19 4:44 am

hi all

so next two days are remote after today so yippie and I get to GO HOME!! or at least my 'old home' - its all very confusing. my eating went a little off the rails last night, there were a couple cake bite packages involved. I think anxiety driven and maybe boredom from being apart from hubs. and I don't have a gym up here yet so its really hot to walk in 96 degree heat during work lunch then go back all sweaty and gross. been a bit discombobulated.

food for today:

coffee

water (more than yesterday, I found a tervis at the store last night for $4! so I will be using that)

coffee

lunch is roasted wings

more water

breakfast is my egg veggie bake

not sure what else as I'm driving back today after work

QOTD: hmmm I would say my barbies? I had a huge collection but I wasn't tied to one in particular. I used to go to the flea market on Saturday/sunday with my mema and sometimes we would get a table. I would buy and sell them most of the day. I was good at selling things :)

HW 295 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 CW 160 GW 150 LW: 118.8 RNY 12/15/2015, GB removal 09/2016, Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

bethmal
on 7/10/19 5:13 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Enjoy your time at home!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Emiepie
on 7/10/19 3:50 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you are enjoying the time at home.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW 291.4/CW 137-140 (10/2018)GW 150