What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

catwoman7
on 7/11/19 2:25 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I found out today that Warby Parker opened a retail store in town (they're an online glasses company, but they do have a few retail stores). I went over there this afternoon. All of their glasses (other than sunglasses) are either $95 or $145, simple lens included, depending on which frame you go with (most of the frames were $95). If you need a progressive lens (i.e., bifocals), then it's $200 extra. I do need a progressive lens, but i was planning to punt that and keep using two different pairs of glasses (readers and distance glasses - neither of which I wear all day), but I figured I'd give the progressive lens a shot again (I had a pair of bifocals years ago and HATED them, but the optometrist and the guy at Warby Parker both said bifocals have come a long way since then). He said if I change my mind or don't like them, they'll replace the progressive lens with a simple lens and reimburse me the $200. So....I decided to do that. So $295 for bifocals. It would have been $95 if I only wanted distance glasses. And I got to try the frames on in person, which I liked. Glasses at that other eye place would have been at least $800. This is much better.... I might get a $95 pair as a backup. I have probably five pairs of glasses lying around here that could be "backup", but I need a stronger prescription now. Anyway, I hope I like these. The reviews of the place were pretty good.

Teenie
on 7/11/19 3:42 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My lens is progressive (3) I never paid more than $120 at eye buy direct

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 7/11/19 4:49 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

yikes - too bad I bought these already - but I'll try eye buy direct for a backup pair (or two..). All my backups are really old. I need a pair that'll actually work for me in a pinch. Thanks!

catwoman7
on 7/11/19 5:20 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks for letting me know about this site. I think I'm going to get a pair or two for backup - maybe distance only since if I lost my main glasses, I still have my readers. Plus driving is kind of critical - I wouldn't be able to drive if I lost my main pair of glasses (well, I do have some ancient pairs, but again, the prescription is a bit...weak..on those). These online ones are so cheap I should just get a pair for each car!

Emiepie
on 7/11/19 7:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good happy Friday-eve! JB- your planned day sounds amazing and I hope you enjoy it.

Accountability: I hand a few handfuls of PB/chocolate cheerios that Em has in the cupboard.

QOTD- The instant pot for yogurt making to a friend.

TSS: 4 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Buddig turkey, iced latte bar and carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Grilled chicken breast topped with melted chipotle/onion cheese, riced cauliflower, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: low carb pita with SF jelly and butter, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 5.5 mile run and 40 mins elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1528 Protein:142 Carbs:127 Fat:58

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 7/11/19 2:17 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I am so impressed that you are still using your IP for yogurt. I did it faithfully for awhile, but when I realized that I was only saving myself a few dollars for all of the work, I quit :/

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 7/11/19 3:17 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I have it down to a science now so I could probably do it in my sleep. I do half a gallon of milk twice a week.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Writergurl08
on 7/11/19 7:15 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning!

its been a crazy week for me. Our annual self-reviews are due at work and I'm struggling to list accomplishments since I've only been at the job for 6 months. So my accomplishments are mostly "exponentially increased knowledge of products and resource tools." We also had to request and give feedback to our peers, but we don't get to see what they wrote until after our official reviews with our managers.

We also had a major outage of the LinkedIn website yesterday, so we've been flooded with tech tickets. Luckily, since the issue was resolved most of the tickets are resolved by having the client clear their browser cache and cookies ;)

qotd: I recently recommended a book (Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake) to a fellow YA loving friend.

Breakfast: scrambled egg with 2 oz ground sausage, coffee

lunch: salad with diced chicken today (pasta on the menu)

dinner: cheeseburger patty with pickles

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

artchikk
on 7/11/19 7:23 am, edited 7/11/19 12:23 am
RNY on 02/12/18

good morning everyone...I think I forgot to post yesterday and no wonder...I ate ALL the food yesterday and ended up around 1800 cals which is about 500 too many. UGH.

today is a new day!

QOTD: I just recommended some online glasses retailers to Trish on this thread LOL...before that I recommended a book I am currently reading to my DH. it's called Red Rising by Pierce Brown...it's SO GOOD.

Morning: coffee w/4tbsp sf hazelnut coffeemate
B: 1/2C overnight oats w/1/2C almond milk, 1/4C L&F greek vanilla yogurt and 1/4C blueberries & cinnamon
L: last of the leftover stuffed pepper casserole
S: L&F greek yogurt
D: ranch turkey & zucchini/asparagus skillet
ES: Apple & 2tbsp PB

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Julia S.
on 7/11/19 7:39 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Accountability was a bit off, that sugar monster. But I ended up at 1009 calories, 64 protein, 24 fat and 131 carbs. But the scale was kind down another 1 lb, so only .7 above my posted weight. I did enough walking during the day that I didn't do a walk after work. So I was a little short on steps, but I'm OK with it.

I'm with Jim on the crowds and traffic nightmare. We have The Bite in Portland, and over the 4th weekend the Waterfront Blues Festival. I avoid them like the plague. I have a low tolerance for crowds, I can survive for a couple of hours but after that I need to get away. I hate traffic jams and even if it's out of the way I will take back roads if it means I'm actually moving.

We had some rain yesterday and it's been really humid. Today it's supposed to get to 77 but will be overcast most of the day and stay humid. It doesn't feel like it's been much of a summer yet, one week of temps in the 90's but that was about it.

I've been watching the World Series of Poker on ESPN, for some reason I love it. I play online occasionally but I have no poker face and haven't played except with friends and family. There was one woman from Oregon that made it to day 4 so I'm anxious to see how she does. She has a day job as a dental hygienist so I'm impressed that she's doing so well. I DVR it, so not up to date so no spoilers please.

Happy Friday Eve everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics